Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 02-03-20, 04:12 PM  
Tugger31

Question Upper Body Training Question

I'm not sure if there is a difference or not, but has anyone seen different results working upper body parts once a week whether they do it all on one day, in two splits or one body part per day?
Tugger31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-20, 04:50 PM  
fanofladyvols

It's hard to pinpoint just one reason. I will share that after Cathe's Xtrain splits and a Jari workout for a few weeks then I finally got stronger. I have also been more committed to stretching, recovery workouts and actual rest days. I also don't do cardio same day as strength days.

Mind you, I'm no advanced exerciser but when I returned to my Cathe Supersets and push pull workouts recently I was able to increase my weights AND do premixes that doubled the sets. My previous weights recorded were in May.

I can't wait to hear if others have similar experiences or have seen strength improvement with one body part per day.

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-20, 07:23 AM  
sheepla
VF Supporter

Totally unscientific but I felt like I got strongest when I did one body part per day (using Cathe's CTX at the time) then anything else I've tried.
Old 02-04-20, 07:34 AM  
patrice
VF Supporter

When I did one body part a day, I could lift heavier. I did that with STS. I just found on days you did chest, shoulders and triceps, I was so tired by the time I got to the triceps I couldn’t lift as heavy.

Patrice
patrice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-20, 10:35 AM  
prettyinpink

I have gotten stronger than I have ever been with three times per week as part of a total body workout, with one push and one pull exercise per workout, as heavy as I can for three sets of 6-10. It really does work without any isolation exercises, no kickbacks or curls, but when I do try one of those again, I find that those are stronger, too.
prettyinpink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-20, 10:40 AM  
kittybug
VF Supporter

Thank you for starting this thread, as I've been wondering the same recently!
kittybug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-20, 02:08 PM  
Denise R
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by patrice View Post
When I did one body part a day, I could lift heavier. I did that with STS. I just found on days you did chest, shoulders and triceps, I was so tired by the time I got to the triceps I couldn’t lift as heavy.

Patrice
Patrice, this sounds interesting! Did you just do all the chest exercises from STS one day, then shoulders the next etc? Was it easy to do this with the dvds? Can you elaborate on it?

STS is so LONG and this sounds interesting to me!!

Thanks

Denise

"By far the most important application is those 18 inches between the table and your mouth. Your diet. Eat clean to get rid of fat." Robert Kennedy, Oxygen Magazine

"Having the body you want starts with loving the body you have." Mandy Ingber, Shape Magazine
Denise R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-20, 08:58 PM  
patrice
VF Supporter

“Patrice, this sounds interesting! Did you just do all the chest exercises from STS one day, then shoulders the next etc? Was it easy to do this with the dvds? Can you elaborate on it? ”

I did Mesocycles 2 and 3 this way. My version was chest, back, tris, biceps, and shoulders last. Nothing more than that. Meso 2 was the easiest to use this way.

Patrice
patrice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-20, 10:13 AM  
Denise R
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by patrice View Post
“Patrice, this sounds interesting! Did you just do all the chest exercises from STS one day, then shoulders the next etc? Was it easy to do this with the dvds? Can you elaborate on it? ”

I did Mesocycles 2 and 3 this way. My version was chest, back, tris, biceps, and shoulders last. Nothing more than that. Meso 2 was the easiest to use this way.

Patrice
Thanks, may try this!!

"By far the most important application is those 18 inches between the table and your mouth. Your diet. Eat clean to get rid of fat." Robert Kennedy, Oxygen Magazine

"Having the body you want starts with loving the body you have." Mandy Ingber, Shape Magazine
Denise R is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
upper body, upper body strength, upper body training