Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 10-13-13, 06:10 PM  
Tracyso2

Actually, I love Bryan's workouts too...although in recent years he seems to have gotten a little kinder/gentler in a way I'm not always sure I like, now that I can kick it for an hour and 45 with Travis. But his older audio practices (which I have on CD) are challenging, for sure, and I've done a couple of the ones on his site that I also liked. Will be doing more soon, once I figure out how to get internet into my office.
Tracyso2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-13, 06:21 PM  
andtckrtoo

I do TA Omni but once or twice a week I'll add in a workout like Cathe's Cardio Leg Blast or a JNL lower body workout. I need it for my wonky knee - the muscle helps make my knee less wonky - but it seems to compliment TA well.
Old 10-13-13, 07:35 PM  
daisyduke

thanks, tracyso... I will check some of his out. I will not like them if they are too easy though. have you signed up for the udaya online streaming?
daisyduke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-13, 07:53 PM  
Tracyso2

Yes, I signed up for Udaya. I just keep hoping they'll roll out some new Travises, and not just keep cannibalizing their catalogue, most of which I already have!!!
Old 10-13-13, 08:25 PM  
daisyduke

Tracyso... That's why I havent signed up yet!! I'm waiting dor some new stuff.
daisyduke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-13, 10:27 AM  
Helen S
VF Supporter

I wished TA made a Thighcentric that concentrated on inner thighs. Hipcentric works the saddlebags so there should be an opposing one.

I'm guessing that TA thinks that Glutecentric would also work inner thighs to some extent. That's because I think she said that if you lift your butt and you see your inner thighs getting smaller, then you should get Glutecentric. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

I'm also saying this because an exercise like kettlebells swings works your glutes but it also really helps with the inner thighs. I do kb swings everytime I do TA's MS work. I also like Tonique.

Also, if you do TA's cardio then you work a lot of your muscles and lean out from the cardio.
Old 10-14-13, 11:19 AM  
JulieIL

I agree with Helen: Thighcentric would be appreciated! That said, I have noticed an improvement in the inner thigh area with my bottom being lifted (per Helen's description). My thighs actually measure the same (& they aren't small: average of 21" at widest part-including mild saddlebags that also look better with the rounder bottom). They aren't flabby, but they don't have the tightness that the gym machines used to give me (but my leg silhouette looks better now, if that makes sense, as it's all smoother).

I probably should have at least dabbled in hipcentric to tackle the saddlebags, though those types of moves tend to work my lower waist/ hip abductor area more than the actual thigh (unsure if this is because I have shorter legs & a longer torso).

I don't want to sound like a TA groupie, but I have to say that for me she's worth including, even if only a few times a week, because my allover silhouette physique must looks so smooth & hourglass-like. A noticeable difference over other workouts. Body type obviously influences this, but I appreciate that nothing is worked to the point of bulging- it all just flows smoothly, including the thighs.

Outside of TA, I do 2nd the Tonique recommendations here. They are tougher than TA, but still don't seem to give me the voracious appetite that intense programs usually do.
JulieIL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-13, 04:13 PM  
Tracyso2

I feel like I'm in the slow reading group here, and I apologize for that...but I'm completely unhip to the whole Tonique phenomenon. Which workout/s should I buy? Which are the easiest to segment, and the most likely to pull in my thighs without bulking up the rest of my leg??
Thanks, all!
Old 10-16-13, 04:34 PM  
Helen S
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracyso2 View Post
I feel like I'm in the slow reading group here, and I apologize for that...but I'm completely unhip to the whole Tonique phenomenon. Which workout/s should I buy? Which are the easiest to segment, and the most likely to pull in my thighs without bulking up the rest of my leg??
Thanks, all!
If you don't mind downloads, Sylwia is selling some at her site now. They are express workouts.

http://www.toniquefitness.com/

If you want a DVD, I would start with Premiere. It is easy to divide this into different segments.
Old 10-16-13, 04:35 PM  
momofcha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracyso2 View Post
Thanks, all!
I would start with her new downloads - any of the sculpts, immediate gratification & only $3.00!! Win, win!!

"I'm just one workout away from a good mood." ~ Valerie Waters
momofcha is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
continuity, dream body, inner thighs, tonique, tracy anderson