Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 04-23-12, 03:48 PM  
kariev34

these look interesting. I wonder how much space you need to do them?
kariev34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-12, 05:27 PM  
Sharaz

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by redpanda View Post
done.
thank you haha must needed
Sharaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-12, 06:02 PM  
Sharaz

Quote:
Originally Posted by pharma_gal View Post
How long is each workout? Can you give us some examples of the moves? Thanks!
The concept is a demo of all the moves. You can follow on the demo section, but is just a sample where they perform each move maybe 4 times. They offer a nice PDF with 6 paper workouts with combinations showing rest periods etc. Like he said it takes practice and once you master you will be able to design your own combinations. Let say, you want a 30 min workouts, so you start performing the moves and combos as your desire.

Instructional 18 min
Workout Demo 27 min
Bonus 6 min

Animal Moves

A-Ape forward/backward/side
B-Beast forward/backward
C-Crab forward/backward
D-Baboon side traveling only

Switch

Underswitch
Jumping Underswitch
Scorpion from Beat
Scorpiion from Crab
Side Kickthrough
Front Kickthrought
Scorpion Sweep (this one look like things I do in Capoeria)
Crocodile Roll (breakdance inspired move)

6 combos,
those are more difiicullt sequences with more switches and kicks. Again martial arts/breakdance inspired.

Other moves
traveling side/front kicks

The flow is that you perform a animal move and to transition to another animal move, you perform one of the switches on the corner of your geometrical figure. Other form is traveling back and fort on straight line.

For example, you trace a imaginary box, pyramid or cross (diamond) then you start with ape, perform a jumping underswitch, continue with crab, perform scorpion from crab, continue with ape again until you complete a box drill. You can make as many combinations as you want, but need to practice to learn which switch to do at each corner. The workouts is continue and you must not drop down from fours unless is a rest period if you are doing interval training. For that reason is called a flow.

It that makes sense?

You can trace the box or other figure as bigger or small as you want to. Maybe at least 6 x 6. But I think bigger is better so you have more space to travel.

The animal moves are common, what I found creative is the switches and the breakdance moves. I think he will come with more moves later on.
Old 04-23-12, 06:06 PM  
Susan

I have to admit that the guys look great, but I also have to say that if I saw a couple of guys crawling around in the park like that, I'd probably be too busy giggling to get any real benefit out of looking at their buff bodies.

Do you think they might be werewolves or something? Because they seem to be really into that whole "down on all-fours" thing. I couldn't help but wonder what they'd do if they came across a fire hydrant. Perhaps it's best not to know.

OK, so they're probably not werewolves. I really can't keep ordering all of those free e-books for my Kindle -- I'm starting to see vampires and werewolves all over the place these days. I've got to stop being so cheap and order some decent books that cost money.

But I digress.

I think "Animal Flow" is a cool title, and the workout is probably quite effective, but it's definitely not for me. I'll be curious to read the reviews if anyone tries it, though.

BTW, if it turns out the guys are wearing kilts during any part of the workout, I think that would be worth mentioning, as it might help them get more orders.
Old 04-23-12, 06:19 PM  
Sharaz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susan View Post
I have to admit that the guys look great, but I also have to say that if I saw a couple of guys crawling around in the park like that, I'd probably be too busy giggling to get any real benefit out of looking at their buff bodies.
You may be giggling at this one too if you see him at the park right?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c5APv...E2ZLBXfaku3mU=

he's a nice guy too
Old 04-23-12, 06:30 PM  
bee1forfitness

Quote:
Originally Posted by SharazPR View Post

he's a nice guy too
I wouldn't..... I subscribe to his You Tube channel, to me his strength is beyond amazing, He's very inspirational
bee1forfitness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-12, 06:36 PM  
Sharaz

Quote:
Originally Posted by bee1forfitness View Post
I wouldn't..... I subscribe to his You Tube channel, to me his strength is beyond amazing, He's very inspirational
He's very nice. Make sure to send a friend request to FB, he post a lot of cool stuff and fitness tips. If you love push ups get his Chiseled in 30 program
Old 04-23-12, 06:45 PM  
Susan

Quote:
Originally Posted by SharazPR View Post

Nope. No giggling. He looks amazing. And I think the fact that he doesn't crawl around on the ground wins him extra points, as well.

I'll bet a lot of the moms in his neighborhood spend a lot of time at that playground whenever he's around. You know, so the kids can get fresh air and all...
Old 04-23-12, 07:01 PM  
Sharaz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susan View Post
Nope. No giggling. He looks amazing. And I think the fact that he doesn't crawl around on the ground wins him extra points, as well.

I'll bet a lot of the moms in his neighborhood spend a lot of time at that playground whenever he's around. You know, so the kids can get fresh air and all...
I'm glad you may no giggling.

I happen to visit the park and the beach to perform many exersises freely without any insecurity. I never had any giggling experience so far. If happens I would not mine because I'm very happy with my physique and if crawling at the park keep me ripped I'll keep doing it
Old 04-24-12, 07:08 AM  
Sharaz

Quote:
Originally Posted by andtckrtoo View Post
This looks really cool. I've done some of these moves in Bukodon. They are not as difficult as they look to perform but they do get the heart rate up and work you well.

And, yeah, the hunky guys with no shirts - *sigh*...
Budokon is on my wishlist. I'm subscribed to his youtu channel and looks to his videos now and then. Is kind the same concept but more yogaish and slow. It does have animal sequences too. I may get all DVD's soon, because this workouts may help with upper body strength for my Capoeira practice.

Tags
animal, body weight exercises, bodyweight, breakdance, capoeira, gymnastics, hunky guys with no shirts