Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 04-24-07, 02:54 PM  
new2me

Welcome to alsrnbsn and Elisa!!

The sudden precious moments in life need to be recognized for the unique periods they are, not wasted by wishing for something else. Edith Schaeffer
new2me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-07, 03:39 PM  
Papio

Greetings and welcome to Video Addiction Central!

I'm the shy guy in the p90x thread who loves to experiment with workouts!

My latest conquest, podrenaline intermediate treadmill done on a Cross-Trainer using the a constant high RPM while putting the level up and down steps, bumps the intermediate upto a nice anaerobic leg killing workout depending on your starting level.

--Colin

Phear the Ninja Hamster Zena!
Papio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-07, 09:37 PM  
Castella

Hi!

I thought I'd introduce myself, since I've made a few posts this week. I've been lurking for a few years and loving all the great workout reviews and insights. It is the rare fitness DVD that I purchase before checking here FIRST!

I use Cathe for strength training and aspire to have 3/4 her upper body strength (...one day). I love kickboxing for cardio, especially instructors with a boxing (Olajide) or martial arts background.

One of these days I'll get an avatar and a cool signature.
Castella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-07, 02:07 AM  
beyond.omega
VF Supporter

Hi Castella, I'm pretty new here compared to you. Nice to meet you.
beyond.omega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-07, 04:41 AM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

Hi Castella,

Welcome out of lurkdom. VF is a great resource for researching workouts.

Have you tried Debbie Burns workouts? I thought of her when reading your post. Her workouts are hi/lo and kickboxing combined. In at least one of her workouts, all her back up exercisers have some sort of martial arts specialty.

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Something is better than nothing
The best workout is the one you will DO
Laura S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-07, 03:29 PM  
new2me

Glad you came out of lurkdome Castella, welcome!

The sudden precious moments in life need to be recognized for the unique periods they are, not wasted by wishing for something else. Edith Schaeffer
Old 05-15-07, 08:03 AM  
tonus

Hello,

I'm a 54 year old male. I had been in a fitness rut for several years, doing the same workout three times a week, when I decided to try DVDs a couple of years ago. At first I was willing to try anything, and then I started paying attention to reviews, which is how I found this site. My first favorite was the Firm. As a backpacker I really appreciated all the leg work (and I admit I found the instructors pleasant to follow--even if I didn't even try to follow a lot of the steps). As a result of those high steps, squats, and lunges, I've found I never have problems going uphill with a pack. I have also liked the Kathy Smith weight workouts. My current favorite workouts are the Tony Horton workouts. I recently finished my first round of P90x and my wife finished P90. We're both now doing the P90 Master's Series--me: classic, and she: lean. Before X I could do a couple of chinups but no pullups. Now when I walk the dog past an exercise yard, I stop and do a couple of pullups just because I can!

I also like to do yoga. I'm a big fan of Baron Baptiste, but I've done them all so many times I've recently started enjoying the yoga today series. It's great being able to do something slightly new each time.

Can't thank you all too much for all the information I've gleaned here. Also happened onto several great bargains as a direct result of reading the bargain forum.

Tony
tonus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-07, 10:22 AM  
new2me

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonus
(and I admit I found the instructors pleasant to follow--even if I didn't even try to follow a lot of the steps)

!!! Hi Tony, welcome! My first favorite was the Firm as well. I also really like Cathe, and have done two P90X rotations... Pssst, I also don't always follow the instructors, but probably for different reasons.

Old 05-15-07, 10:51 AM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

Hi Tony,

Glad you found the info you needed/wanted here at VF. It's great that you and your wife can both exercise to videos. You have your own check in right in your own house!

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Something is better than nothing
The best workout is the one you will DO
Laura S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-07, 07:35 PM  
R2Garnets

Hello,

I am Pam, 45, and new to this forum. I love The Firm and am currently getting into their Classics and pre-BSS workouts.

Tags
former sticky, how did you find vf, introductions, new members, new to vf, new user, sticky thread