Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 05-04-19, 07:18 AM  
Sollamyn

Are there any that are adjustable (or small enough where I can feel the burn?)? I have the regular wide rubber bands, that don't bother me, except they are too large of a loop for me to feel any extra burn, know what I mean? There's so much slack in them that I might as well do my exercises without them. I should say that I do clams and straight leg raises (lying on my side, one leg per side) for p.t. and place the bands just above my knees. The loops are just too big for me to feel anything. I am 5'5", for reference.

Thanks,
Donna
Old 05-04-19, 07:25 AM  
horusosiris

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzannaerin View Post
Sling shot hip circles are the ones I bought from Amazon. Well made, stay put. I’ve been using the same one for two years and it hasn’t degraded or lost its strength
I have the Slingshot hip circles too. They are the best bands that I have used. They are very well made. I have had them for 3 years and use them several times weekly. They are still in excellent condition and I would highly recommend them.
horusosiris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-19, 06:58 PM  
weener
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat58 View Post
These came up in my Instagram feed:

https://arenastrength.com/

I'm interested because I'm supposed to be doing PT monster walks and crab walks with a theraband around my thighs, but I don't do them because of the painful digging.

Supposedly the fabric doesn't roll and dig into your thighs. Anybody know if this is true?
I have these bands and I really like them. They come with a nice booklet on how to use them. When you get them, they send you a link for a 12 minute video using the bands. Sign in on FB and last month they had a challenge showing exercises to firm the booty. They might have another mini challenge starting May 13.

I also use these for other workouts.

~~~~~~~~~
I grew up as teener weener. It got shorten to weener when a nephew was learning to talk and he just called me weener.

www.flickr.com/photos/32418450@N05/
weener is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-20, 10:58 AM  
violingal3

Bumping up an old thread!

Just wanted to know if there was anymore feedback on these bands? If anyone has been using these over the last several months, how are they holding up? Tired of my rubber band so I'm going to splurge on one of these mentioned in the post.
violingal3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-20, 04:22 PM  
Exercise Diva

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat58 View Post
These came up in my Instagram feed:

https://arenastrength.com/

I'm interested because I'm supposed to be doing PT monster walks and crab walks with a theraband around my thighs, but I don't do them because of the painful digging.

Supposedly the fabric doesn't roll and dig into your thighs. Anybody know if this is true?
I have these and the fabric doesn't roll and is very comfortable to wear. They provide a lot more resistance than elastic bands, however. For some exercises I prefer the elastic bands because I get more range of motion with them than with these.
Exercise Diva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-20, 04:43 PM  
bee
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exercise Diva View Post
I have these and the fabric doesn't roll and is very comfortable to wear. They provide a lot more resistance than elastic bands, however. For some exercises I prefer the elastic bands because I get more range of motion with them than with these.
I agree completely! Mine have held up fine, and they definitely don't roll, but they just don't have a lot of stretch/range. When I do Cathe's fire walkers, I put them on my thighs instead of my ankles because they are tight enough I think it would be ridiculous on the ankles, if that make sense....
Old 02-26-20, 05:26 PM  
prettyinpink

I have the 4KOR from amazon, linked in one of the posts. I’ve had them over a year and use them a lot, and they are still in good shape. I usually use the heaviest one, and never use the lightest one.
prettyinpink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-20, 05:42 PM  
violingal3

Thank you for the feedback! I've been dusting my bands with cornstrach to keep from rolling and pinching, but then they kinda slide off without any tension and I'm just tired of fighting it. lol
violingal3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-20, 06:05 PM  
horusosiris

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzannaerin View Post
Sling shot hip circles are the ones I bought from Amazon. Well made, stay put. I’ve been using the same one for two years and it hasn’t degraded or lost its strength
I also use slingshot hip circle bands. I have had them for several year and the tension and strength has remained the same. I agree that they are well made and stay in place.
horusosiris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-20, 03:37 AM  
hypnomoon

I have these and they are no joke. Mine are so stiff that I don't think there is an ounce of give in them. I want to workout more with them.
hypnomoon is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
arena strength, booty bands, iliotibial band, resistance bands, resistance loops