Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-22-20, 11:02 AM  
sherry7899

The Aldi near me had them marked down to $7.99, so I bought them I am glad I waited for a lower price. Now to actually use them!

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-20, 02:09 PM  
manleym

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherry7899 View Post
The Aldi near me had them marked down to $7.99, so I bought them I am glad I waited for a lower price. Now to actually use them!
Happy you found them marked down! That's a no brainer!

I looked for them last Saturday but didn't see any. Otherwise I might have picked up another set.
manleym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-20, 04:21 PM  
wendug

Quote:
Nice! The last time I was at Aldi they had a BUNCH of them, so hopefully they'll be marked down the next time I go!
Old 01-23-20, 05:51 PM  
Vantreesta

The weight plates are down to $7.99 here too. I almost bought another set but since I haven't even opened the first ones yet I talked myself out of it. For today at least....

They also had a foldable exercise bike for $90 and a set of 3 kettlebells (5, 10 and 15#) for $20.
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-20, 03:42 PM  
wendug

I went on an Aldi run today and the soft weights are NOT marked down here! I asked the manager about markdowns and he said they have to wait until corporate tells them to mark items down, usually after 6 weeks or so. Aldi's corporate offices are nearby and I have seen corporate employees in the store on more than one occasion, so maybe that factors into it? I don't know! But they easily had 20 sets on the shelf so I'll keep checking to see if they are marked down.
Old 01-28-20, 01:41 PM  
manleym

There marked down to $11.99 here. Hopefully they'll go down even more.
Old 01-28-20, 01:43 PM  
sherry7899

Quote:
Originally Posted by wendug View Post
I went on an Aldi run today and the soft weights are NOT marked down here! I asked the manager about markdowns and he said they have to wait until corporate tells them to mark items down, usually after 6 weeks or so. Aldi's corporate offices are nearby and I have seen corporate employees in the store on more than one occasion, so maybe that factors into it? I don't know! But they easily had 20 sets on the shelf so I'll keep checking to see if they are marked down.
Is there more than one Aldi near you? The ones near me get different items on clearance. I hope they are marked down soon.

Old 02-03-20, 02:46 PM  
sherry7899

The store near me has them for $4.99 now. I should open mine and see how I like them. I may get a second set if I like them.

Old 02-03-20, 02:52 PM  
manleym

Quote:
The store near me has them for $4.99 now. I should open mine and see how I like them. I may get a second set if I like them.
That's a great deal!! I looked on Saturday and they were $14.99. At a different Aldi they were marked down to $11.99 last week.
Old 02-03-20, 03:08 PM  
prettyinpink

I found them for $7. I used them in a backpack for leg exercises. I probably need a slightly smaller backpack. It’s actually most comfortable with all the weights in at once, because they lay on top of each other nicely whereas with one or two they start to bunch up a little bit or slide around. I don’t think I will use these for walking or plyo or anything like that, but they will work pretty well for a weighted backpack (vs buying those packs you can put sand in yourself for $30 or $40 each!).

They are each about a half pound off according to my scale. The 8 and 10 are short, the five is about half pound over.
prettyinpink is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
aldi, soft weight plates, weight plates soft