Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 06-17-09, 03:39 PM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

It sounds like you have enough planned to keep you busy for awhile! That's a good thing on the exercise front.

In case you want to check them out, here is the section with check ins - http://forum.videofitness.com/forumdisplay.php?f=5 They are small groups where people post on a specified schedule (the group decides what) with people of a similar interest and report how they are doing. Some talk about exercise. Othere are more general.

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Something is better than nothing
The best workout is the one you will DO
Laura S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-09, 02:19 PM  
sophie kat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laura S. View Post
It sounds like you have enough planned to keep you busy for awhile! That's a good thing on the exercise front.

In case you want to check them out, here is the section with check ins - http://forum.videofitness.com/forumdisplay.php?f=5 They are small groups where people post on a specified schedule (the group decides what) with people of a similar interest and report how they are doing. Some talk about exercise. Othere are more general.
thank you laura do you belong to any groups or check ins?
sophie kat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-09, 03:41 PM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

Oh yeah. They keep me honest and motivated. I'm a part of two check ins, the Crones and Your Personal Best. The Crones is a large and fun and wise group and boy can they post! I invite anyone who wants a fun check in to join that group, but they might be overwhelming to someone who has never been in a check in before. They talk about everything under the sun, including exercise. Your Personal Best is a smaller group and we try to help each other reach what we individually decide is our personal best, mostly on the exercise front.

When I am looking at checks ins, I tend to read a bunch and then narrow them down. The ones that make my fingers itch to hit the reply button are the ones I usually join. I rarely change, but awhile ago, the check in I was a part of died and I ended up joining these two.

When I first joined VF, I joined the Beginners' check in. It has gone through a lot of iterations and I think it's now called the restarters, or something like it. But, check ins are what really allowed me to learn to make exercise a part of my life and that's what led to me losing a lot of weight.

OK. That might be TMI, but that's the scoop.

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Old 06-19-09, 09:26 PM  
sophie kat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laura S. View Post
Oh yeah. They keep me honest and motivated. I'm a part of two check ins, the Crones and Your Personal Best. The Crones is a large and fun and wise group and boy can they post! I invite anyone who wants a fun check in to join that group, but they might be overwhelming to someone who has never been in a check in before. They talk about everything under the sun, including exercise. Your Personal Best is a smaller group and we try to help each other reach what we individually decide is our personal best, mostly on the exercise front.

When I am looking at checks ins, I tend to read a bunch and then narrow them down. The ones that make my fingers itch to hit the reply button are the ones I usually join. I rarely change, but awhile ago, the check in I was a part of died and I ended up joining these two.

When I first joined VF, I joined the Beginners' check in. It has gone through a lot of iterations and I think it's now called the restarters, or something like it. But, check ins are what really allowed me to learn to make exercise a part of my life and that's what led to me losing a lot of weight.

OK. That might be TMI, but that's the scoop.
not at all, laura. i appreciate all the information. i think it takes courage to join a group and put your personal goals out there and and be accountable for meeting them. especially when you first start out.

most people take for granted how much dedication it takes to make lifestyle changes and stick to them, so congratulations on your weight loss. you sound like a very nice and happy person, by the way.

i'll check out the crones. sounds like a lot fun and i could use the crash course in forum posting
Old 06-25-09, 10:33 AM  
new2me

Hi Sophie Kat...I'm a little late to the party, but wanted to welcome you!

The sudden precious moments in life need to be recognized for the unique periods they are, not wasted by wishing for something else. Edith Schaeffer
new2me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-09, 03:53 PM  
sophie kat

Quote:
Originally Posted by new2me View Post
Hi Sophie Kat...I'm a little late to the party, but wanted to welcome you!
thank you, i appreciate that.

i'm starting to log in and read threads everyday now. it gets overwhelming, especially in the cronies, so i haven't posted much
Old 06-28-09, 06:06 PM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

Yeah, those Cronies can talk and talk and talk...

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Old 06-29-09, 09:21 AM  
new2me

Quote:
Originally Posted by sophie kat View Post
thank you, i appreciate that.

i'm starting to log in and read threads everyday now. it gets overwhelming, especially in the cronies, so i haven't posted much
Yeah, I had to cut down my posting/reading a bit, lol. I mostly post on my check-in, but come here once in a while to check out this thread.

The sudden precious moments in life need to be recognized for the unique periods they are, not wasted by wishing for something else. Edith Schaeffer
Old 07-08-09, 11:08 PM  
TracyK9

Hi everyone, I am Tracy. I recently rejoined the forum, had posted occasionally years ago but gradually stopped for a few years (had two children in that time). I first started working out to VHS in the 80's - have fond memories of doing Jane Fonda in PE and with my mom at home. My mom also had a neighborhood group who met each morning after the kids were at school. We both got really excited when we first discovered The Firm.

I'm back at a beginner level currently, have just started making exercise a priority again. I really enjoy the forum although I don't post much.
TracyK9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-09, 07:57 AM  
new2me

Welcome Tracy!!!

I'm sort of starting over myself after some health issues and a couple of surgeries last year. Stick with it...it comes back!

Tags
former sticky, how did you find vf, introductions, new members, new to vf, new user, sticky thread