Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 01-27-02, 08:13 AM  
Denise R
Exchange Moderator

Has anyone tried Victoria Johnson's Stretch & Tone?

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone here has seen and/or tried Victoria Johnson's Stretch & Tone video? I would love to hear comments. Thanks in advance!!

Denise

Denise R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-02, 08:31 AM  
Kimba

I have it

But I've never actually done it! LOL!

As much as I love Victoria this one looks like a snoozer. I'll try it this week and if I don't like it, I'll put it on the exchange.
Kimba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-02, 09:27 PM  
Punkin

I have it, too

I'll have to do it again to submit a formal review, but it is an alright stretch tape. It doesn't have much for the upper body, but it does have alot of rythmic movements (in the beginning) to warm up & loosen up, that makes my upper body feel good. The hamstrings get the greatest stretch. I remember my back & sides felt really good after doing the side bends when your legs are spread on the floor while getting your inner thigh, too.

She does some variations of a yoga pose triangle, but the rest is all stretching. "Tone" shouldn't be in the title. It isn't complete, because she focuses on the lower body. But, like I said the rythmic movement made my upper feel good. I really enjoyed the piano music & her soft instruction enough to keep the tape. The setting is similar to the one that was on her website, the last time I looked. I'd recommend it if you were a fan of her, but to someone who has never heard of her, I'd probably suggest other stretch tapes over this one.
Punkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-02, 08:24 AM  
Denise R
Exchange Moderator

Thanks Kimba & Punkin

I really enjoy lower body stretches so I think this may be okay for me. Thanks for both of your responses. I may just have to order it. (decisions, decisions) Another quick question, is Victoria alone in this video?

Denise
Old 01-28-02, 08:27 AM  
Sunshine

Punkin,

What stretch tapes would YOU recommend??? I love stretch tapes.... preferably total body in about 20 or 30 minutes.

Tamilee Webb has a good one that does the whole body in 3 - 10 minute segments.... the only drawback is that it is a "beginners" tape.

I intend to live forever - so far, so good.
Sunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-02, 01:10 PM  
Punkin

Hi Sunshine & Denise-

Denise, Victoria is alone in the stretching video. I think it makes it more quiet & less to concentrate on, so it just seems better.

Sunshine, I mostly do yoga for stretching, but do have a few good stretching videos--but plan to buy more! I don't always feel like holding poses when I just want a good stretch, so I'm looking to expand my collection, but do like Kathy Smith's Instant Workout 20 min. stretch segment (I plan to also write a review for that one) and Jane Fonda's Stress Reduction. I've had some others & didn't keep-like the Tamilee one you mentioned. I couldn't take the "if you were sumo wrestling" comment--yeah right!! I do that all the time! LOL

I'm debating on buying Charlene Prickett's Homestretch, and already bought Denise Austin's Easy Toning which has 4 ten minute segments of stretching. (I ordered the latter, so it isn't in yet)So Charlene's 25% off 2 videos is still going on until March 1st, so I need to decide if I want to order "Women with Balls" or "Low Impact, High Intensity" as the other one.
Punkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-02, 07:14 AM  
Denise R
Exchange Moderator

Can't go wrong with HomeStretch!

If you can get passed the 80's look, the tape is WONDERFUL! One of my favorites!! She really stretches all your muscles and leaving you feeling very relaxed/limber. Another good stretch tape is Sport Stretching with Linda Shelton. (available from www.homeworkout.com) She uses a sport strap (I use my yoga strap) and it could easily be split into lower body stretching one day, upper body the next if time is short.

Denise