Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 09-06-15, 09:12 AM  
momofcha

Hilliard Studio Method - Hot Flash Hottie

http://www.hilliardstudiomethod.com/...ash-hottie-dvd

I thought this was funny given the most recent menopause thread. Of course I'm intrigued, but $40 for a 40 minute DVD....

It looks like the DVD is a preorder, but the download is available now. If the download was half the price i would cave

"I'm just one workout away from a good mood." ~ Valerie Waters
momofcha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-15, 10:51 AM  
Taiga

Agree about the pricing. With shipping, the dvd would be about $48. Bit full of themselves and they can keep it!! Seriously, the clips of their stuff look okay but nothing ground breaking. It's only a 40 minute workout. There's such a trend for "boutique" pricing in these type of workouts but thank goodness there are many other good instructors with reasonably priced programs. I'll continue to pass on HSM.....
Old 09-06-15, 11:54 AM  
smokybubbles

The price of this really bums me out. I love HSM workouts but $40 for 40 minutes I just can't do. I'm getting Michelle D. Peakfit system for $45, 10 workouts (although I already have 2 she released separately) is a deal I can't pass up. I love circuit workouts and am really looking forward these.
smokybubbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-15, 02:18 PM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by momofcha View Post
http://www.hilliardstudiomethod.com/...ash-hottie-dvd

I thought this was funny given the most recent menopause thread. Of course I'm intrigued, but $40 for a 40 minute DVD....

It looks like the DVD is a preorder, but the download is available now. If the download was half the price i would cave
That's a crazy price for a 40-min workout. No way am I buying it, no matter how intrigued I may be. I liked their other workouts (on preview clips) and would have purchased them in a heartbeat if they were more reasonably priced, but they're just too expensive for me. Too bad.
Old 09-06-15, 02:29 PM  
cherimac

Or you can rent it for $19.99
Old 09-06-15, 05:23 PM  
eventmom
VF Supporter

their in person classes are pretty pricey ($27 for a single class). For comparison, Cardio Barre Beverly Hills is $18 for a single class. I found it amusing that so much of what they offer is "proprietary".... They are probably good workouts, but for $40 for a single workout I'll never know for sure!
eventmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-15, 05:35 PM  
bubbles76

Yea seriously. I went back on forth on Ilaria's and Tracey Long's Stronger Longer workouts when they were up at $20 each for closer to 50 minutes apiece. On the flip side, though, if you are really, really, REALLY getting use out of it...I probably couldn't justify $40, but I'm sure someone else could
"You humans have the potential to be the most wonderful beings there are - if you can get past all these enormous stupid spots you seem to have in your hearts. It's not your fault. You just don't know how to work your hearts right yet. That's why there are dogs." - Jim Butcher, Zoo Day
bubbles76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-15, 05:59 PM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherimac View Post
Or you can rent it for $19.99
Yes, you can and it's apparently for a 30-day rental. It's a better deal than $5 for 48 hr. online workout from Physique 57. If my streaming strength at home was more consistent, I would almost consider it, except in that very short preview I didn't see anything different or more interesting than what I already have.
Old 09-06-15, 06:24 PM  
cherimac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Usia View Post
Yes, you can and it's apparently for a 30-day rental. It's a better deal than $5 for 48 hr. online workout from Physique 57. If my streaming strength at home was more consistent, I would almost consider it, except in that very short preview I didn't see anything different or more interesting than what I already have.
Aah, okay. I didn't see it was for a month. I think you can stream Pure Barre or Ellen Barrett for a year for that price, though.

And no, didn't look any different than a lot of other barre workouts out there.

ETA: I was wrong. Ellen is $7.99 for a year.
Old 09-07-15, 08:47 AM  
horusosiris

I did HSM Hot Flash Hottie today. I really liked this 40 minute total body workout although there was no warm up. It is not one of the tougher HSM workouts but it was just what I needed to round out my week and it felt great. I thought that it had a nice mixture and sequencing of exercises. Modifications were shown but I did the advanced options. There are quite a few balance challenges included and extra attention is given to the core. The time for me flew by. I can easily see myself doing this one again especially when I want to do a total body workout that won't wipe me out and is fun.
horusosiris is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
hilliard studio method