Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 12-07-15, 09:09 AM  
Lori_Michigan

I've had two Amazon packages "lost by carrier" since mid-November. I've also had first-class mail that should have taken a 3 days ended up taking 15 days, and two customer service inquiries. It's to the point where I assume it will get lost or end up taking more time rather than assuming it will be a normal shipment...
Lori_Michigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-15, 10:45 AM  
eyefit
VF Supporter

This happened with a dvd I sold on VF Roost, too! It finally showed up, but it took many more days than it should have. The tracking # showed it went from where I mailed it to St. Paul (about 2 days) and then it was "in transit" for a good 6 days or so before it finally got to the recipient. I was getting very nervous. I didn't know if the USPS was going to do anything for the person I sold the dvd to if it never showed up. I figured I would have to refund the person if that happened and take the loss, but that would have totally stunk! Luckily it finally showed up.
Old 12-07-15, 10:56 AM  
violingal3

What a bummer! My regular mail is fine, but packages have been arriving much earlier than expected. We've had UPS and FedEx deliver late at night when we're already asleep! When DH goes to the gym at 4 am he brings in packages left from the night before. Even more shocking is that they weren't stolen overnight!
violingal3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-15, 11:10 AM  
sherry7899

We had Amazon packages delivered at 6:30 am this morning (!) but no regular mail. I guess that will come later. It is definitely strange this time of year!

Sherry

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-15, 12:49 PM  
suzannaerin

I had a package delivered but not to me. I have no idea where it is, probably a neighbor opened the package and decided to keep it (notified the company, they will resend). Then I ordered tights from onzie and they sent me someone's else's booty shorts instead of my order.
suzannaerin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-15, 01:03 PM  
Chomper

A local mail carrier was just found to be throwing away mail. He got busted because they found lots of mail in a dumpster. My husband had a birthday package go missing during the time this guy admits to throwing away mail.

When I googled the story, it looks like it happens a lot all over the country!
Chomper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-15, 01:04 PM  
Chomper

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzannaerin View Post
I had a package delivered but not to me. I have no idea where it is, probably a neighbor opened the package and decided to keep it (notified the company, they will resend). Then I ordered tights from onzie and they sent me someone's else's booty shorts instead of my order.
Lol Someone Else's Booty Shorts should be the name of a band.
Chomper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-15, 01:21 PM  
suzannaerin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chomper View Post
Lol Someone Else's Booty Shorts should be the name of a band.
It gets better, they were made of fabric with skulls printed all over them.
Old 12-07-15, 01:36 PM  
athompson10
VF Supporter

I've had a FedEx Smartpost show up three days early, and UPS have mysterious delays of 1-3 days from when they said they'd deliver. Sometimes I get an updated delivery notice from them with the new date, and sometimes not.

My local post office is a nightmare and I expect holiday-related delays from them. A couple of years ago we had a snowstorm and no mail delivery for three days. Okay, I understand one day, but the rest of the city was dug out and functioning just fine, sidewalks cleared, roads plowed. Someone on our block contacted the post office and the answer was: there was so much snow, the carrier couldn't complete the route. But apparently, the carrier started the route at the same place for three straight days and bailed out at the same place. So the front part of the route had uninterrupted mail and the rest of us had none. Wouldn't you think if you had to stop, you'd pick up the next day at the stopped point? Not our carriers. The local assemblyman even got involved since he was affected, and he was told by the supervisor, yeah, there are a lot of personnel issues at this post office, what can you do?
Old 12-07-15, 01:59 PM  
suzannaerin

I'm not surprised. A few years ago, I called our PO looking for a missing pkg and the supervisor said ,"I don't have time for this" after getting irate with me. So much for "neither rain nor snow..."

Tags
online shopping, shipping, usps