Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 01-31-14, 03:17 PM  
cherimac

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunday View Post
I have been a Prime member since the beginning. I always get my packages in two days or less, so maybe it's a matter of location. I almost never get them by USPS either. We order everything from Amazon and also use the free streaming shows a lot! I will continue to pay for Prime; it more than pays for itself in this household.
I think we'll continue to. I get things quickly and we use it for homeschooling books, books and other items for DH's work...tons of things. And yes, we like the streaming too. I hope they DON'T raise prices but will still probably stick with it.
Old 01-31-14, 03:20 PM  
Rhonda

I only use it for shipping. Streaming seems to take forever to download so we don't use that part. I would like to try it though but I am not sure how much it would eat into our allotment of internet. We are rural so we tether through my iphone for the internet.

Shipping has never been a problem for us. UPS delivers within the two days.
Rhonda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-14, 04:30 PM  
BigBadBetty

I am on a student membership so I pay half price. I do enjoy the free shipping and the streaming. I get my packages in 2 days or less. I guess I will have to see what they raise it to before I decide whether to keep it or not.

They have improved their streaming so that I can even use it at my boyfriend's house. He only has 1 mbps DSL (but no limit on downloads). It didn't work when we first got it; it would always time out. As long as we don't doing any other bandwidth intensive tasks, we are fine. I only have 2 GB/mo on my cellular so that is not enough to stream movies with. My cellular connection is much faster than his DSL connection, but it would cost a fortune to use it with streaming.
BigBadBetty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-14, 04:42 PM  
kalliope999

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunday View Post
I have been a Prime member since the beginning. I always get my packages in two days or less, so maybe it's a matter of location. I almost never get them by USPS either. We order everything from Amazon and also use the free streaming shows a lot! I will continue to pay for Prime; it more than pays for itself in this household.
I've been a Prime member since near the beginning also, and love it. We'd be sort of lost without it, because now we're spoiled and are used to the quick delivery, the no purchase minimum, and the streaming video. We always get our packages in 2 days, usually by UPS, which is my preference by far. Thankfully they don't use the USPS too often for us, either!

We buy a TON from Amazon, so even with the increase, we'll suck it up and continue to pay for Prime without much complaint.
Old 01-31-14, 05:45 PM  
sherry7899

We just signed up for Prime last May. Almost everything we order comes by UPS, and the service is excellent. We've had a few items come by Fed Ex as well. I'll have to see about the price increase, but we order a lot, so it is probably worth it for us to keep it.

Sherry

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-14, 06:33 PM  
rose2boys

I use it, too....ALL the time! In fact, I just received a bunch of stuff today that I just ordered Tues or Wed. 99% of the time it comes via UPS (which I love!) within the 2 business day delivery frame...sometimes sooner. How much will it increase?
Old 01-31-14, 06:47 PM  
dela

That's a bummer for sure, but I just went to run an order report from last year, and I placed 136 orders in 2013. Definitely worth it for me. I don't use the streaming often, but once in a while I'll watch a movie or documentary on there, and luckily I am in an area that receives mail, ups, fedex, deliveries frequently and I can't think of a time I ever received a late package.
dela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-14, 07:23 PM  
rose2boys

Another note: If you have a kindle, you get a free book offers each month (or it my be week, can't remember) & really cheap deals, like $1.99 books thru prime
Old 01-31-14, 10:19 PM  
Eibhinn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alta-tude View Post
I'm a long-time Prime member. I used to recommend Prime all the time. We bought almost everything from Amazon!

Since they started using the the USPS for more and more deliveries, I'm no longer a fan. I rarely get packages in two days anymore. Our postal carrier is useless and we end up having to drive over to the PO to pick up packages.
My parents live in a rural area in Canada. When I was a teenager (so, like twenty years ago) the postal service had already switched to using contractors in their area to save money. I had a paper route and with my daily deliveries, walking by mailboxes, and talking to people every day, I very quickly came to realize that the people on that route were only getting mail service three days a week. It's not really surprising given how little the contractors are paid. This was a long time ago, mind you, I'm sure it's even worse now. Prime was fairly recently introduced in Canada, and I've never quite figured out how they manage two day shipping in most of the country. Canada Post is slow as heck, and UPS' service here is even worse, in my experience.
Eibhinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-14, 05:23 AM  
antbuko

I will likely continue Prime for another year. I am able to take advantage of the free Kindle lending library, free streaming and I live in an area where shipping is not problematic, so for me the membership fee does pay for itself. I just cancelled my cable TV subscription and switched to streaming only so I will definitely be taking even more advantage of free prime videos.

Tags
amazon, amazon prime, usps