Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-17-17, 08:29 PM  
Cleda
VF Supporter

Pokemon Go - Raiding and getting those steps!

Yes - I admit it, I am a Pokemon Go fan. I've been playing for over a year now and I enjoy it. Dh also plays. I am level 33 and Valor (Red Team). Niantic has revamped the whole "gym" and "battling" system. I won't go into the old stuff, too confusing. I'll just focus on the here and now.

The Maximum amount of team members allowed in the gym is 6. They have little hearts above their heads which show how much life they have left. One can actually remote feed their Pokemon with raspberries if they're around their device to se it say they need raspberries! You can also feed other Pokemon in gyms.

When you leave a Pokemon in a gym, it doesn't matter if you leave a Pokemon in 1 gym, 2 gyms, 3 gyms, the pay out system is by time reached before the Pokemon gets returned to you. (Your journal will say your Pokemon has battled hard and has been returned to you). The maximum amount of coins you can get (totally combined is only 50 for an 8 hour period.) So it no longer pays to defend a gym with a higher level pokemon. Anything after 8 hours and the pokemon is just taking up space and not earning money for it.

But on to the more important "raiding" . They have put out the "Legnedary birds". There's Articuno, Lugia, Zapdos and Moltres. There are more legendaries, but these are the ones they've released for now. They were doing them for only a week at a time and then they went away. Now they brought ALL four back but only until August 31st. (is what they say). These are much bigger and you have to have a"raid Pass" to even battle them in the gyms. You'll see timers above the gyms when they are having a raid going on. These (typically) cannot be done alone, which is Niantics way of getting us all to play together and make new friends! Or at least talk to one another. It has worked for us in our area. You start to see the same people at the raids!

There's other raids too (not as high level). But some that DO require more people. There's Tyranataur ... and I"ve seen others.

There's a lot more, but this is a start. I'm super tired, so I'll try to add some stuff in the a.m. when I'm not as weary.

We live in area where we have to drive to parks and to places to raid. It's not like in the cities. THere are 2 apps I use. One is called "gymhntr" and without it, I wouldn't know where the raids are.

There's also a "Discord" group around here (actualy several, but I belong to one). They announce legendary raids and people then say if they can make it, on their way, etc. Because some of the raids you really need 10-15 people to do it. Oh - I should add that just winning the raid does NOT guarantee getting the Pokemon, you win balls and then you have to try and CATCH the legendary.

Discord is an app for gamers. (not just Pokemon)
My suggestions is to go to some raids, talk to the people and get some hints. That's what we did. Joined the discord group cuz I heard people talking about it. Joined a few Facebook pages in the area to get notifications and the rest is history. I talk to people, get pointers, hints, etc. It really has added a whole new dimension to the game.

I caught a "shiny" (magikarp) and evolved it into a Red Gyarados this weekend. Not my strongest, but looks great! LOL. I got that from a "Magikarp" raid. Not everyone has their magiKarp turn to a shiny, but doing the raid gives you the best chance. It's a low level.

You get one free raid pass a day. (By going in a gym and spinning it). If you don't raid one day, you use the pass the next day, spin the gym and get a new raid pass for THAT day. But you cannot accumulate them! (Darn!) (Or you can buy them - which they actually have a sale on them now).

Now I'm waiting for Mewtew and see how that's going to work. (Supposedly invite only from gyms that we've raided so far.) Not sure exactly how it will work.

Anyway ... more later, questions? Just ask. I KNOW I can't be the only Pokemon Go player here on VF. It's a GREAT way to get tons of steps in. Walk, walk, walk ... So yes! it's exercise related.

Cleda
Cleda is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
active gaming, apps, pokemon, pokemon go, walking apps