Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 02-28-20, 07:23 PM  
fanofladyvols

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSusanna View Post
I never get rid of my videos because having options is really important to me. For the firms, I would especially never part with Hi-Def Sculpt with Annie Lee. This is the very best of the pink firms in my opinion. Annie shows a great physique and the workout is slow making it good for trying out a heavier weight.
OSusanna if I could get my fairy godmother to grant me one wish, it would be to have a bod like Annie's...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patti S. View Post
I'll give you my Firms when you pull them from my cold, dead hands, lol!
As I read these posts, I keep rescuing titles from the purgatory pile, lol. At this rate, I will keep them all.

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-20, 09:16 PM  
MoFirmer

Annie is one of my favorite FIRM instructors! She is super nice in person! I've had the pleasure of picking her brain before about rotations! She knows her stuff!
Old 02-29-20, 12:47 AM  
lizh

I have pretty much all the Firms except the Wave. Somehow I missed that one.

I don't think I'd get rid of any of them!

My favorites are BSS1-4 since those are the ones I reach for the most. But I love the classics and the rest of the earlier ones. Many people bash the pinks but there are several gems in there too.

Anything led by Allie, Alison or Lisa Kay will always cheer me up and get me moving.
Liz
lizh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-20, 07:43 AM  
seagreen01
VF Supporter

Quote:
I never get rid of my videos because having options is really important to me. For the firms, I would especially never part with Hi-Def Sculpt with Annie Lee. This is the very best of the pink firms in my opinion. Annie shows a great physique and the workout is slow making it good for trying out a heavier weight.
Slower with option for heavier weight sounds good so I’ll have to give Hi-Def Sculpt another try.
seagreen01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-20, 08:25 AM  
Taramisu
VF Supporter

Quote:
This is why I like it too. The pace is really good for me, but it has a lot of lunges which is why I have considered parting with it, but there is an Express version that I have not tried which I need to do.

This and Total Body Toner were my favorite of the Pinks, Get Chisel'd was pretty good too but I didn't keep that one. The rest of the Pinks didn't do anything for me.
Taramisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-20, 08:43 AM  
Carol K

I love all the workouts that Gaiam released that only use weights. My favorites are Ultimate Fat Burning Workout, Bootcamp Maximum Calorie Burn, Total Body Time Crunch, Calorie Explosion and Dangerous Curves Ahead (uses a resistance loop that is inside the DVD case). Four of these workouts have Alison as an instructor, so obviously she is a favorite.
Old 02-29-20, 10:56 AM  
counterclockwise

I go back and forth too, but I have really come to appreciate how good all the main workouts from BSS1, BSS2, and the Jiggle Free’s are. Would also never get rid of Pam’s Supercharged Sculpting.

I also still love those short cardio workouts from the BSS3 era - Advanced Cardio Blast, Express Cardio, and Fat Blasting Cardio. Good music in those and they are fun.
counterclockwise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-20, 11:01 AM  
counterclockwise

Quote:
Originally Posted by psupam View Post
I would never part with BSS1-4, the add-ons to those, FIRM Cardio and Strength. I don't like the pinks or the (I know it's heresy) classics, or most of the parts.
I’m with you on the classics.

I do remember liking that cardio one that has Clarissa and other instructors in it, but that’s about it.
counterclockwise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-20, 12:48 PM  
Joni O
VF Supporter

Ditto on the classics here.

I’ve traded/sold them a few times and then re-acquired. Not sure why.
Joni O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-20, 05:52 AM  
Taramisu
VF Supporter

I had Volume 1 for many years and overall enjoyed it but as time went on I just never did it anymore so I got rid of it. I thought for sure I would come to regret it but no. I also had Volume 2 and 5 and didn't mind them but parted with as well. Volume 6 had potential but too many hover squats for me. Volume 3 and 4 I never had but saw enough of those from the parts workouts I had and I wasn't interested.

The Classics are good workouts but not for me.
Taramisu is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
firm, firm favorites, firm super sculpting, the firm