Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 12-11-19, 10:22 PM  
Sissy B

Monday, 12/9 - 7460 steps/3.16 miles
Tuesday, 12/10 - 6877 steps/2.91 miles

I went and got my hair colored and cut today.

Thanks, Deb! That's Thief. Getting him was one of the best decisions we ever made. We just didn't know how much we needed him at the time.

We started buying DD new pajamas to wear to bed on Christmas Eve when she was little. For several years she and her American Girl doll got matching pajamas, until she outgrew their sizes. A few years ago I started getting each of us a new pair. I used to buy DD matching pajama shirts, but they were hard to find and she hardly ever wore them. She would sleep in a t-shirt instead, so I just get the pajama pants now.

Chrys - I'm glad your energy is coming back!

Leslie - I haven't sent out Christmas cards for the past several years. I bought some take and break cookies, but I haven't baked them yet.
Sissy B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-19, 07:53 AM  
dbclark44

Wednesday 12/11 - 7696/3.15 miles' Park walk 52 min/2.67 miles

My walk in the park was the only thing I did yesterday. Didn't feel like getting on the tm last evening. In fact I lay down at 7 PM watching TV drifting in and out of sleep. Was trying to sit up and watch it but was so tired could barely keep my eyes open. So I lay down and pretty much gave up my body to rest.

Today is the last day of bible study until January. We're gonna watch the Nativity movie and have a lunch potluck. I'm bringing chicken noodle soup and crackers. I picked up this chicken noodle soup mix in the store yesterday. They only take 10 minutes to prepare, longer if you add some of your own ingredients. It's by Country Kitchens and the soup actually turned out good. I added some carrots and corn and chopped up a chicken breast I had cooked and thrown into the freezer. The soup came out good. It provides a great base to add some of your own ingredients. Great way to use left over chicken because the mix doesn't have any of that in it. You cook it on top of the stove or I suppose you can do it in the crockpot. I cooked it on top of the stove and transferred it to the crockpot on low. Plus it's easier to transport food in a crockpot.

Since I'll be gone until March, I won't be back in bible study until then. Gonna miss the ladies.

Sissy, I used to send out 50-60 Christmas cards a year. But I stopped a couple of years ago and now just try and respond in kind to those who send them to me.

Wow Leslie, your life is so full of family friends traveling here and there and so much hustle and bustle. Yours is sure nuff busier than mine.

Well have a great Thursday ladies.

Rotations are an immunization against procrastination.
dbclark44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-19, 10:48 AM  
Sissy B

Wednesday, 12/11 - 4156 steps/1.76 miles
Thursday, 12/12 - 10,599 steps/4.49 miles

Yesterday I woke up to the sounds of Belle throwing up by the back door - she had been eating hair again. After I cleaned that up I went back to bed for a little while and after I got up and took care of dogs, I went and ran some errands. I returned some library books then I went to Target to get a few things. I also went to Tiger Pride and got DH some Auburn shirts for Christmas - an Iron Bowl score shirt, an Under Armour t-shirt and a couple of nice Under Armour polos - before going grocery shopping. Publix had standing rib roasts on sale so I got one to put in the freezer for Christmas dinner and I also got a couple of Butterball turkeys for 99 cents a pound. DH's company gives them a $15 Butterball check each year for the holidays and we had two of them. When we got our turkey last year we didn't have the check with us. Luckily they don't expire. And I got DH a couple of big boxes of chocolate covered cherries to put under the tree for Christmas. He loves them so we get him some every year.

Since DD's in Disney this year for Christmas I gave her money and she got a pair of pajama pants there to wear on Christmas Eve. What she doesn't know is that I have her another pair of pajamas here for when she gets home.
Old 12-14-19, 08:31 AM  
dbclark44

Thursday 12/12 - 4269/1.75 miles
Friday 12/13 - 12,619/5.17 miles; TM 46 min/2.13 miles; Park walk 24 min/1.21 miles

I walked the tm yesterday before leaving out for bowling. Then on the way home I stopped at the park to get in that last mile to roll over 10K. Got more than I needed. The temps the past couple of days have been really decent in the 40s and 50s. My type weather for outdoor walking. I may get out there today as it's gonna be in the 40s after the rain moves through.

Next week is the last week of bowling until January and Monday may be dicey with snow and ice predicted from Sunday into Monday. Don't know what the back up plan is if the weather is bad. I won't go out. It's supposed to be our Christmas party too. We go into a winter weather warning at noon tomorrow. I got some flavored coffee syrups for my bowling gifts and had to go back to the store and get me some. I never tried the syrups in my coffee before and I love them. I don't use creamers as they don't agree with me and normally drink my coffee black. But I tried these and love them. It's a sampler box of 4 different flavors of salted caramel, hazelnut, french vanilla and chocolate mocha. I didn't care for the salted caramel but enjoyed the french vanilla and hazelnut. The samples only provided enough for 2-3 cups of coffee but now I know I can go and buy bigger bottles of the flavors I enjoyed.

We leave in less than 2 weeks for our snowbird stay in FL January and February. I've already started packing. I don't want to buy a lot of stuff when we get there so am trying to bring as much stuff as I can think of so we won't have to buy so much. One of the benefits of driving is you can pack so much more to bring along. We plan to take our time and are hoping for decent weather during the drive.

Have a great Saturday ladies.

Old 12-14-19, 10:09 PM  
cdayley

Hi, ladies. I did a 3 mile walk today. I've been on an antibiotic for a sinus infection this week, and I've reacted with nausea - I've never done that before. It's really bad after I take my evening pill, so I haven't gotten many walks in this week. I'm going to try walking before I take my pill. Work is crazy - we are doing our penny drive to help the needy families at our school, and we always see so much sadness while doing that. DH is doing well in VA and loves his new work.

Sissy, there is nothing like waking up to a heaving dog
Deb, your weather sounds great! We got 4" of snow overnight, so I had to shovel before I left this morning. I'm glad you are going to FL where it is warm

Chrys Dayley
cdayley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-19, 08:35 AM  
dbclark44

Saturday 12/14 2050/.84 miles
Sunday 12/15 2410/.98 miles
Monday 12/16 9895/4.06 miles; TM 60 min/2.8 miles; Slim & Limber

Between yesterday and Sunday we must have got about 7 inches of snow. We haven't been out the house since Sunday so Brenda and I are going to brave the roads and go see Jumanji today.

Yesterday after the snow let up some DH and I shoveled the driveway. Only took us about an hour working together. We still got another half inch after that. It seems to have let up some now though and this storm has passed. It was a good precipitation event.

My movement is barely negligible when I don't get on the tm. Can't believe how much I sit around, even doing housework.

Have a great Tuesday ladies.

Old 12-18-19, 11:09 AM  
Sissy B

Friday, 12/13 - 5182 steps/2.19 miles
Saturday, 12/14 - 8145 steps/3.45 miles
Sunday, 12/15 - 5650 steps/2.39 miles
Monday, 12/16 - 4913 steps/2.08 miles
Tuesday, 12/17 - 5208 steps/2.2 miles
Old 12-18-19, 11:16 AM  
Sissy B

I had tried to post on Saturday, but it kept giving me an Internal Error screen whenever I tried to submit the post. That's why I went ahead and posted my steps in a separate post.

Our weather here is crazy. No snow of course, but it is cold right now. And that's after it was hot on Monday. I was wearing shorts and I had to turn the AC back on Monday night so it would be cool enough to sleep and then yesterday I had to switch it over to heat and turn the heater in the pump house back on. It will be cold for a few days and then warm up again.

I'm done Christmas shopping (except for my dad), just waiting for a few things to be delivered. DH is planning to go tomorrow night and finish his shopping.

DH & I went to see Knives Out Sunday afternoon. Not exactly what I was expecting, but still very good. We both enjoyed it. DD went to see it yesterday with a friend and she loved it.
Old 12-18-19, 08:43 PM  
cdayley

Hi, ladies. I did a treadmill walk on Monday - sometimes it's like I'm walking through thick mud because of whatever is still going on with me. Last night, I was super tired, so I made myself march in place while I wrapped gifts for my co workers. I went shopping for one of our school Christmas families yesterday, which is always a humbling experience. I also had a a student tear up because I told them I could give them the means to get the shoes they said they and their little siblings needed. It's heartbreaking.
I'm going to walk on the treadmill tonight.

Chrys Dayley
cdayley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-19, 08:42 AM  
dbclark44

Tuesday 12/17 - 2506/1.02
Wednesday 12/18 - 6843/2.80; TM 46 min/2.10 miles; Cathe XTrain Chest Back Shoulders

Hello ladies. No Sissy, I don't have to go back and forth between heat and AC here. Once the heat goes on it pretty much stays on through March. I plan to leave it set at 65 while we're gone. It's normally 68 during the day, sometimes 70 if I catch a chill and 65 at night when we're in bed.

We have a Christmas Eve get away service to attend tonight. We'll be here for Christmas Eve but we volunteered to work with greeting and security tonight. This is a service for people who plan to leave this weekend and won't be available for the Christmas Eve services on Tuesday. We have four services Tuesday starting at 11. We try and space them out enough so the traffic and parking isn't too bad coming and going. It still gets crowded especially that first service.

Chrys, you are truly a blessing in your job.

Have a great Thursday ladies.

Tags
fitbit, fitness tracker, fitness trackers