Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 11-30-19, 11:23 PM  
Sissy B

Fitbit/Fitness Tracker *December* 2019 Check-In

Welcome to the December 2019 Fitbit/Fitness Tracker Check-In. This check-in is designed for a place to share your daily steps via Fitbit, Apple Watch, pedometer, phone app or anything else you use to track your steps.

If you currently share your steps with another check-in, please continue to do so. But we'd love to hear about how everyone is achieving their goals counting steps.

You can track and record any steps you like via a Leslie workout, treadmill, or just plain old outdoor walking. All steps count! Feel free to just record your steps or log any other workouts you do in addition to your steps here too - yoga, strength training, kettlebells, dance, kickboxing, etc. - or just join in the conversation.

So if you walk or run for fitness and make a habit of counting your steps, please join us here and lets enable each other as we Step to Fitness.
Sissy B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-19, 07:12 AM  
dbclark44

Saturday 11/30 - Park walk 67 min/3.57 miles; Total count - 10195/4.18 miles

It was pretty miserable when I finally made it out yesterday. The temps ween't too bad in the 40s, but it was a constant mist out there. My glasses were a mess when I finally stopped.

I ended up with 10K just moving around the house afterwards. Every step adds up.

Sissy, thank you for starting us off for yet another month, the last month of the year.

Have a great Sunday ladies.

Rotations are an immunization against procrastination.
dbclark44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-19, 11:20 AM  
Sissy B

Sunday, 12/1 - 6215 steps/2.63 miles

We got up and went to church yesterday morning, had lunch and then came back to the condo to start painting the bottom cabinets and the rest of the trim. This is going to take longer than the top ones, I'm having a hard time getting the color to look right - it keeps streaking. We ended up ordering pizza for supper so we wouldn't have to take a break and shower and get dressed to go out to eat.

I may not be getting a lot of steps while we're working on the condo, but I'm definitely not just sitting around.
Old 12-02-19, 04:27 PM  
LeslieM
VF Supporter

Quick check-in---We are in Claremore, Oklahoma tonight, visiting with Jack's nephew. Tomorrow we head out to spend a few days visiting my best friend (her husband has stage 4 prostate cancer). Friday we will be in Hot Springs, AK visiting friends. Next Monday we will be home.

TG was great. We had a wonderful time visiting with 4 of our kids, plus DIL Grace. We missed Daniel, of course, but weather was horrible in Denver and he might not have been able to make it out anyway. The East Coast kids headed out on Saturday before the bad weather hit the east on Sunday.

My little laptop computer won't charge which is a pain. It was charging last night and is only a year old. Thank goodness for smartphones. I just booked Kenya plane tickets on my phone. I have planned to do some work on the laptop (fundraiser address database work) while we are traveling that will be hard to do on a smartphone. Grrrr.

I didn't get any workouts to speak of last week, but did get out walking today, plus I did Jessica Smith resistance band workouts yesterday and today. I'm going to pick up some 3 and 5 lb dumbbells tomorrow.

The internet is slower than molasses here!🤬 Trying to post this before the laptop dies and maybe I can keep up with the phone from here on out.
Old 12-02-19, 09:47 PM  
cdayley

Hi, ladies. I flew back home yesterday, and DH flies back home tomorrow. By the time he decided to go on this trip, it was twice as much to get a Sunday plane ticket as I paid! He's flying on Tues, which is cheaper. He got to stay with the girls today while their mommy checked out a preschool for Piper. He survived! I came home with a terrible cold - a going away present from the grandgirlies. It's no good to get home to no food in the house, and no NyQuil. I left the house this evening to get my nails done and run to the grocery store for cold medicine.
Leslie, have a safe trip!
Sissy, painting is definitely a workout.
Deb, good job getting out to walk in that weather!
Chrys Dayley
cdayley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-19, 11:28 AM  
LeslieM
VF Supporter

We're here in Lawton, OK. I plan to do a Jessica Smith Strength workout of some sort, then we will head to the Museum of the Great Plains. We had a good visit with my friend last night and will see her again tonight. Hopefully I will get in my 10,000 steps today.

Jack is doing will with his vegan eating. We're having fun exploring options on the road and have a supply of food with us. I'm not eating vegan 100%, but am eating that way much of the time.
Old 12-04-19, 12:23 PM  
Sissy B

We came home yesterday. We were originally planning to come home today, but DH was over it. He goes back to work tomorrow and wanted a day at home to relax. So we did not finish everything that I wanted to get done. We brought home 2 of the kitchen cabinet doors and the 5 drawers and I'll paint them here and we'll take them back up next time we go. The trim in the 1/2 bath downstairs still needs to be repainted too. We're going to repaint the bathroom cabinets, but those will be weekend projects over the next couple of months. We were going to paint the 1/2 bath cabinets maroon, but after doing the kitchen cabinets and seeing how much time that takes (you have to paint multiple coats to get the color right and it takes forever to dry - that, along with coming home a day early, is why I didn't get the kitchen finished), we're going to paint all the bathroom cabinets gray.

I've gotten my suitcase unpacked, there's a load of laundry in the washing machine and I need to go to the grocery store so I'll come back later and record my steps.
Old 12-04-19, 04:04 PM  
Sissy B

Monday, 12/2 - 3337 steps/1.41 miles
Tuesday, 12/3 - 6231 steps/2.64 miles
Old 12-05-19, 10:22 AM  
dbclark44

Sunday 12/1 - 2347 steps/.96 miles
Monday 12/2 - 1221 steps/.5 miles
Tuesday 12/3 - 3029 steps/1.24 miles; Cathe STS W1D1 Chest Shoulders Biceps
Wednesday 12/4 - 12130 steps/4.97 miles; Cathe Lite Six Pack Abs #1
Today - Treadmill 43 min/2 miles; Slim & Limber

Hello ladies. Slow start to the month but am slowly getting it going.

Leslie, safe travels.

Sissy, kudos on the paint job. That is something I just would not want to tackle.

Chrys, welcome home.

Have a great Thursday ladies.

Rotations are an immunization against procrastination.
dbclark44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-19, 11:35 AM  
Sissy B

Wednesday, 12/4 - 8446 steps/3.57 miles

Yesterday I did 3 loads of laundry, went to the grocery store, and started decorating for Christmas. I put up the prelit tree that we bought last year before going to Disney, I still need to decorate it though. DH wants to use this one this year instead of getting a real one like we normally do so he can put his train around it and not have to worry about the water. DD won't be home until after Christmas so I'm fine with keeping it simple this year.

DH went back to work today and we're going to get massages tonight.

Deb - It's not something I want to do again. But, time was a factor and I wanted it done before DD moves in in January.

Tags
fitbit, fitness tracker, fitness trackers