Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-08-17, 05:18 PM  
Joni O
VF Supporter

I love Christi Taylor's "Still Steppin' Just For Fun". Not complex; it really is just for fun.

I also love her Step Heaven. This one is more advanced. In fact, mastering Stage Two was one of the greatest accomplishments of my life!

You can't fo wrong with Christi. Her music is so great and her workouts are so much fun!
Joni O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-17, 05:27 PM  
Emily B
VF Supporter

I actually love the step workouts on The Gymbox streaming service. There are 30 minute step workouts that have more basic choreography and 60 minutes with advanced choreo. It's $10/month, but there are so many different workouts in there that it is worth it to me.
Old 02-08-17, 06:01 PM  
ncl

I tend to like complex choreography so my suggestions reflect that.

Probably my most done step workouts are Cathe Party Rockin Step 2 (which has shorter premixes), Cathe Step moves (which is about 40 minutes, I think), Cathe bodymax II where I often do the step portion only which is about 30 minutes, Cathe Cardio and Weights step segment is fun and 30 minutes and Cathe Low Impact Circuit step section. Also, Stepblast if fun (and very challenging aerobically!). I like some of Kari's older Great Move steps that are on VHS only and OOP. They are easier in terms of intensity but she has her own choreography style. I never go into Amy Bento much, but tried a couple times.
ncl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-17, 07:30 PM  
CarlaVeg

OMG do you gals rememver the Reebok Step workout??? I used to do it SOOO long ago.... the full routine is on youtube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lWEKWk_UagU

Carla
CarlaVeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-17, 07:34 PM  
CarlaVeg

Also a lot of the Christi Taylor workouts are on youtube as well

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sVVBX1Qw1GE

I personally like the older Cathe Step workouts Step Blast, Step Jump & Pump, and Body Max 2. I also enjoy Low Impact Step.

Carla
Old 02-08-17, 07:48 PM  
Tugger31

My favorites, for the fun factor...

Cathe's Rhythmic Step

Cathe's Party Rockin' Step #2 (#1 is the dancey version, but I'm not great at dancey step)

Cathe's Step Blast

Cathe's IMax 2

Most of Cathe's have premixes so can be made shorter. I like the music in these, but music is not a deal breaker for me. I don't find them overly complex, but I've been doing Cathe for years so I'm used to her moves.

My favorite step + cardio is Cathe's Low Impact Circuit or Cardio & Weights

For nostalgic and when I'm the mood for plain old basic old school step, I like Cathe's Cardio Hits dvd or her Classics Volume 1. I think these are easier to learn, but I never found Cathe's choreography incredibly difficult once you get the hang of her moves with the exception of Party Rockin Step #1 maybe which is more dancey. Her choreography is more athletic.
Tugger31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-17, 08:18 PM  
hdw
VF Supporter

What a timely post! I'm re-starting stepping. I did Cathe Step, Jump and Pump... the stepping in the video is just fun! Step Blast tomorrow!
hdw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-17, 09:13 PM  
Mickey12

My favorite step workouts are from Christi Taylor. I really love Totally Cool Step. It's around 50 minutes, moderate intensity and moderately complicated choreography. I really love the music in it. I also love Cathe Step workouts.

Kim
Mickey12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-17, 09:40 PM  
CarlaVeg

Quote:
Originally Posted by hdw View Post
What a timely post! I'm re-starting stepping. I did Cathe Step, Jump and Pump... the stepping in the video is just fun! Step Blast tomorrow!
yeap me too!!!!!!

Carla
Old 02-09-17, 12:13 PM  
Susan H
VF Supporter

Go - Kari Anderson
Intense Moves - Gin Miller
Low Max - Cathe
Athletic Step Jam - Sharon Money Twombley
Totally Cool Step - Christie Taylor
Party Rockin' Step 2 - Cathe
Step Heaven - Christie Taylor
Super Step - G-Force - VHS only
Tap-Less and Step More - Deidre Morris

These are mostly listed from basic to complex. I often follow the modifier or modify as needed on the more complex, but I enjoy them all.

“Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up" —Thomas Edison

“Just because you’re not sick doesn’t mean you’re healthy.” — Author Unknown
Susan H is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
animals in background, favorite step, step, step forward