Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 05-11-16, 12:48 PM  
Malia

Have you tried to change browsers for the encryption difficulty? It's coming up secure for me as soon as I click proceed to checkout where I have to enter my credit card information on google chrome & Firefox.
Malia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-16, 12:53 PM  
Betty Boop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malia View Post
Have you tried to change browsers for the encryption difficulty? It's coming up secure for me as soon as I click proceed to checkout where I have to enter my credit card information on google chrome & Firefox.
Same for me.
Old 05-11-16, 12:57 PM  
AsSweetAsSugar

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtngoat View Post
The price for the new download is posted as USD $14.99. I added it to my cart and it clearly stated $14.99 USD so I don't think so. (Unless it changes upon check-out).

I have contacted several sites when they are unencrypted or only partially encrypted. Only SNM (Cathe's site) has responded and fixed the problem quickly. I think that they have in-house tech. Most customer service people don't have a clue what I'm talking about (mind you, that's not uncommon. )

eta: I wonder if a pre-loaded credit card would work for her streaming service if purchased from within Canada?
I'd think so, but who knows

That's great that Cathe fixed the problem quickly, it would be awesome if every site would do the same. Also, It'd be great if the price listed were in CAD, I don't like the idea of buying within Canada, and still having to pay for the exchange rate.

LMP - Grad/Aug 13 * TheRack - Grad/Nov 13 * PowerFit H - Grad/Jan 14 * FIF: SB - Grad/ Feb 14 * Cage/Box/KB 6WR - Comp/Mar 14 * Ugi/Kb/Pilates 6WR - Comp/May 14 * ThunderBell - Comp/Sep 14 * Obsidian - Comp/Jan 15 * JNL - DO/Sept 15 * D2S - Grad/Feb 16 * KbKb/TBS - Grad/Jun 16 * FusionMixx - Com/Aug 16 * F8F - Grad/Oct 16

Sonríe a la vida y ella te sonreíra siempre!
AsSweetAsSugar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-16, 01:16 PM  
kelsey211
VF Supporter

Re: Security

When I purchased the video download, at the checkout page, it changed from "http" to "https" and the padlock appeared. According to their privacy FAQ, they claimed all banking information is secured.

On the Visa giftcards, I believe that you cannot use it outside your country. Jari's streaming site accepted my US giftcard because the Platform (VHX.TV) is probably located in the US.

It is strange that her website doesn't disclose CAD pricing since she's Canadian. It would be awful if you had to pay the conversion to CAD.
Old 05-11-16, 01:55 PM  
mtngoat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malia View Post
No I haven't. I only use Firefox on my (very old) PC since it is still supported. (Yes, my system is that old. 2008 and going strong! I'll have to spring for a new one next year when Windows cuts Vista support.) For me, it is on the checkout page that the padlock is broken.

I suppose I could try from my phone - I have a couple of browsers there - thanks!

Lacey (trying to convince Brent to take a Pilates class): C'mon Brent, don't you want to unify your mind and body?
Brent: Nah. I'm not gonna put all my eggs in one basket.
Corner Gas Season1 Episode 3 "Pilates Twist"
mtngoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-16, 02:00 PM  
mtngoat

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelsey211 View Post
Re: Security

When I purchased the video download, at the checkout page, it changed from "http" to "https" and the padlock appeared. According to their privacy FAQ, they claimed all banking information is secured.

On the Visa giftcards, I believe that you cannot use it outside your country. Jari's streaming site accepted my US giftcard because the Platform (VHX.TV) is probably located in the US.

It is strange that her website doesn't disclose CAD pricing since she's Canadian. It would be awful if you had to pay the conversion to CAD.
Thanks - probably out of luck for the streaming then. Please let us know how you like it. It sounds really good.

(And yes, the Cdn conversion is really painful lately. I don't have much spending money right now, so maybe it's just as well!)

Lacey (trying to convince Brent to take a Pilates class): C'mon Brent, don't you want to unify your mind and body?
Brent: Nah. I'm not gonna put all my eggs in one basket.
Corner Gas Season1 Episode 3 "Pilates Twist"
mtngoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-16, 05:46 PM  
ilovemygreatdane

I want to purchase the download, but my credit card won't let me purchase in Canada. Grrr I've spent time on the phone with the cc company and they said it should work, but it isn't working. Apparently it's an international order as if I was out of the country. I was ordering a few downloads. Looks like Jari will lose my sale since it's my MasterCard. I do not have a Visa and that's the only other card her site takes. It is so frustrating.
ilovemygreatdane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-16, 06:29 PM  
AsSweetAsSugar

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtngoat View Post
No I haven't. I only use Firefox on my (very old) PC since it is still supported. (Yes, my system is that old. 2008 and going strong! I'll have to spring for a new one next year when Windows cuts Vista support.) For me, it is on the checkout page that the padlock is broken.

I suppose I could try from my phone - I have a couple of browsers there - thanks!
Lori, mine is from 2007 and going strong!

LMP - Grad/Aug 13 * TheRack - Grad/Nov 13 * PowerFit H - Grad/Jan 14 * FIF: SB - Grad/ Feb 14 * Cage/Box/KB 6WR - Comp/Mar 14 * Ugi/Kb/Pilates 6WR - Comp/May 14 * ThunderBell - Comp/Sep 14 * Obsidian - Comp/Jan 15 * JNL - DO/Sept 15 * D2S - Grad/Feb 16 * KbKb/TBS - Grad/Jun 16 * FusionMixx - Com/Aug 16 * F8F - Grad/Oct 16

Old 05-11-16, 08:29 PM  
bee
VF Supporter

If she posts the price in US dollars, there shouldn't be any conversion for people buying from the US. Am I missing something?
bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-16, 08:43 PM  
AsSweetAsSugar

Quote:
Originally Posted by bee View Post
If she posts the price in US dollars, there shouldn't be any conversion for people buying from the US. Am I missing something?
I'm in Canada, that's why I asked. No, you are not missing anything.

Tags
jari love