Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 01-14-16, 08:54 AM  
Kitten

Morning Ladies

Today was:
*5 minute energy walk as a warmup
*P.I.N.K. workout 3
* Denise Austin Pilates abs & core

Tina, that rotation sounds lovely.
Gymmom,4 days in a row sounds like a great start!
Warmest welcomes, Gina, Ginger, and Helen.

Have a great day all!
Kitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-16, 09:33 AM  
PennyK

Hi Girls! I want to join as this sounds like the perfect check-in for me!

I am restarting again after some time away, I began last week Mon-Fri with 10 minute walks with Leslie from her Mix & Match Walk Blasters and this week since Monday I've been choosing two 10 minute walks from the same dvd. Next week, I plan to start the Essentrics 30 day health challenge with workouts ranging from 23-30 minutes a day and possibly adding in Leslie or whatever I feel like doing on any particular day.
PennyK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-16, 10:33 AM  
Sollamyn

Thumbs up Check-In Dropout Trying Again

Hello. I would like to join this check-in, but I'm not good with check-ins, so don't take it personally if I disappear. It's not you--it's me.

My exercise goal is consistency. I figure that if I'm consistent with exercise, other goals will just fall into place--like weight loss, better health, etc.

I started daily workouts back in December and then started Jessica's Walk Strong challenge on the 4th. However, I came down with a cold (I think it's just cold and not a sinus infection, which is what I usually get!) on Tuesday afternoon, so I skipped my exercise time yesterday and today (so far). However, I parked in my usual far-away parking lot, which is a 7-minute walk (approximately 15 minutes round trip) and I'm planning to do some sort of gentle stretching routine when I get home from work this evening.

I'm hoping to start back up with the Walk Strong challenge tomorrow morning, but I'll see how my night goes first.

Donna
Old 01-14-16, 01:22 PM  
sherylb

I think this is a check in I'd like to join also.

My workouts are limited to free walking, rebounding, Leslie and Classical Stretch (new for me). I wear a fitbit and try to get to 12,000 steps daily. I also just got Jessica's new program but don't think I will do a rotation, I will do them periodically because I just can't give up my Leslie workouts.

I should be able to check in daily
sherylb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-16, 03:02 PM  
susand

this check-in is a great idea kitten! my new years resolution was to actually pull back from trying to do too much. today was firm lower body sculpt one-the one with lisa kay. I like cathe but need to take a break for awhile. maybe quite a long while.
susand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-16, 07:12 PM  
PennyK

Tonight I did Dance Walk and Upper Body Blast.

Everyone have a great evening.
PennyK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-16, 09:13 PM  
TinierTina

If I still felt like doing Leslie Sansone a LOT

I would check in with an actual workout more frequently.

But I will take aim at the high-engagement routines where you concentrate or you could get lost (not intrinsically physically tough ones and never the drill sergeant stuff ...) ...

There was a post in GD about having to give up workouts using weights because of physical considerations.

Well, some popular forms of active yoga are now history for me, due to my medical conditions.

But the challenge-seeking and the mind-body engagement needs are still there ...

-Bettina

"If it doesn't challenge you, it doesn't change you"?! REALLY!! If it doesn't serve me, it doesn't save me!!
TinierTina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-16, 10:42 PM  
sherylb

Checking in for today:

2 mile walk during lunch break
LS Walk off Fat Fast 30 minutes

Looking forward to a 3 day weekend
sherylb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-16, 10:53 PM  
TinierTina

39 min. Intensati streaming Thrive! Cardio segment of "Warrior Training" workout part of course, with Patricia Moreno (vimeo rental was using code at: http://www.satilife.com/willpower-intensati-workout/ ... FREE code usable until 1/17 at midnight EST

(of course I did this at my own, but challenging, pace (i.e., low to low-ish impact ... swapping my mild trots for jogs; and NO jumping ...

Warnings: she has her own version of Susie from Leslie's Just Walk HiiT ... you know, the "Zumba-tronic bionic woman" ... but this one has a smile you couldn't wipe off from her face and doesn't seem to dredge up a sweat ... )

The video is shot "artfully" ... my bad at not fully previewing the sucker first

followed by:

8 min. Cardio Dance Salsa Express with Patricia Moreno from gaia UNPLUGGED app

-Bettina

"If it doesn't challenge you, it doesn't change you"?! REALLY!! If it doesn't serve me, it doesn't save me!!
TinierTina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-16, 12:06 AM  
gymmom

Tonight I did Daniel plan total cardio - almost sat on the couch so I was proud of myself. Then I was at 8000 steps, so decided to pop in a Leslie and get to 10,0000. I did the fast mile of the 5 mile. It's been a LONG time since I've done LS and I was pleasantly surprised how quick it went, and that I was sweating.

5 days in a row. So happy tomorrow is Friday! I am a teacher, and really looking forward to a long weekend!
gymmom is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
beginner, low key workouts, mirabai holland, restarters