Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 01-13-16, 07:48 PM  
Kitten

Beginners, Perennial Beginners, and Restarters

If you like walking, low impact, low key, and/or fusiony workouts this is the check-in for you.

If you need the accountability, check-in with us every day otherwise, check-in at your convenience.
Kitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-16, 07:55 PM  
Kitten

Hello everyone!

I recently restarted myself after a 6 week break. I Leslie & do her about 3 times a week. I also started a P.I.N.K. rotation which was perfect, because they are so short. I aim for 30 minutes a day.

Today was WW Punch. Nice low impact kickboxing. My only complaint is the stretch at the end wasn't quite up to par for me, so I tagged on the stretch from Men's Health the Belly Off Workout Strength. Next time I'll skip the WW stretch & do the other one, keeping my 30 minutes a day goal.
Old 01-13-16, 08:09 PM  
Lorelai

Yay! Thanks Kitten!

Today I pulled out Ellen Barrett's Power Fusion, which was still in the wrapper! I couldn't believe it! I think I tried it from the library, bought it, and then didn't touch it again after that.

My initial thoughts are that it's challenging, a little faster than usual, and Ellen could have cued better in places. Though I appreciate that I know exactly what she means when she says things like "figure eight lunge with the swoosh!" I think I'll like it once I get the choreography. I did have to modify more than they do, fewer releves, slowing down some of the bends and twists. I felt really good once it was done, but now my left knee feels a little tweaked so we'll have to see if that works itself out or not. I thought PF took some of what I liked from Grace and Gusto and blended it with Crunch Super Slim Down, while still keeping it new and varied.

"Practice makes progress." Jessica Smith

"There's always an option before we quit." Jessica Smith

"You don't have to be a ballerina to feel like one." Ellen Barrett
Lorelai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-16, 08:22 PM  
Kitten

Ellen is excellent at putting things in layman's terms. I forgot how she phrases it in one of her Crunch workouts, but it's always how I remember to keep my stomach pulled in during workouts.
Old 01-13-16, 08:26 PM  
Lorelai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitten View Post
Ellen is excellent at putting things in layman's terms. I forgot how she phrases it in one of her Crunch workouts, but it's always how I remember to keep my stomach pulled in during workouts.
Every once in awhile Ellen will say something that really resonates. However, I generally find myself remembering Jessica Smith's form pointers during Ellen's workouts... I still love to Ellen though!

"Practice makes progress." Jessica Smith

"There's always an option before we quit." Jessica Smith

"You don't have to be a ballerina to feel like one." Ellen Barrett
Lorelai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-16, 09:44 PM  
TinierTina

Okay, I did nearly as much as I'd set out to do

Rotation: spiritual, Afro-Brazilian or Afro-Brazilian Inspired Jazz dance Rotation
  1. 11 min. of Introduction to Capoeira Yoga with Rick Coe (I don't permanently own that one) from gaia UNPLUGGED app
  2. 31 min. Samba Your Highest Joy with Kimberly Miguel Mullen (ditto, but there had been no purchase of download of it)
  3. 19 min. of Dance: Core Cross-Train with Patricia Moreno (from streaming from http://www.gaia.com done cold, fairly complex choreography (and I had never done cheerleading as a kid ...)

-Bettina

"If it doesn't challenge you, it doesn't change you"?! REALLY!! If it doesn't serve me, it doesn't save me!!
TinierTina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-16, 11:13 PM  
gymmom

I would love to join you ladies! I'm a long term lurker here, on again off again, but more recently off again! I am trying to get back into my workout groove, mostly with Stephanie Huckabee Powefit and Daniel Plan workouts. I'm at a weight right now where impact hurts my knees, so trying to ease back in carefully and without pain.

Tonight I did the cardio disk from Harmony followed by Powerfit Speed Burn. Feeling good about working out 4 days in a row. That has not happened in quite a few months.
gymmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-16, 11:58 PM  
Lucky Star
VF Supporter

Hello all! I'll be one of those who check in from time to time.

Just started Jessica Smith's Walk Strong rotation and did day 2: Total Body Training. (Monday's my day off exercise so my workout week begins on Tuesday.) I'm as terrible at rotations as I am at check-in's so we'll see how this goes, lol. Anyway, I'm committing to 30 minutes a day, be it walking or other low impact cardio, light weights, Classical Stretch/Essentrics, pilates, yoga, barre or fusion. I'm not after aches and DOMS, just feel-good exercise that gently challenges me.

I wish you all success in your commitment, and fun along your journey. To health!
Lucky Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-16, 06:47 AM  
Footballnut

I'm in. I will probably be one of the "from time to time" peeps too, although I will try every day, even if it is just to say "I worked out". I am 50 and have a few physical things that wont let me work out as hard as I would like to. I am planning to do the Essentrics 30 Day Health Challenge (beginner level) beginning next Monday.
Old 01-14-16, 07:00 AM  
antbuko
VF Supporter

May I join? Right now my goal is consistency. Getting into a daily habit of exercise; doesn't matter how long I work out, just as long as I stick with it.

I am doing Pilates by Lisa, and started my current run on January 6. Today is day 9, and I did Fit in 15 Flexibility Workout. I've also been striving for 10,000 steps a day, which I've accomplished for the past two days by adding in a walk at lunchtime, so I will do that again today, even though it's been incredibly cold!

I look forwarding to getting acquainted with everyone!

Tags
beginner, low key workouts, mirabai holland, restarters