Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 08-26-15, 03:41 PM  
Footballnut

My menopause sisters!!!!! I hate it!!!!! I am also hypothyroid. Not gaining is the best I can muster up right now just because I have no energy to work out very vigorously. I might try to modify the modifier and see how that works out.
Old 08-26-15, 04:09 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

is there an existing menopause check in?

this seems to be a recurring theme!

sorry to hijack the thread!

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-15, 04:40 PM  
jenn38

I've completed week one following the eating program loosely and have lost 2.6. I love the containers for helping me portion control when it's feasible with my life. And I do track on MFP.
Old 08-27-15, 11:14 AM  
TinaT

Jenn ~When you say "loosely", what does that mean? I like the idea of the containers to help take the guessing out of portions. BUT... I don't have it in me to learn a ton of recipes, etc. So if I follow the guide as close as I can, should I still see results.?

ETA: I know my posts are sounding completely lazy, but I'm just being transparent as to where I'm at mentally with the menopause. Even with taking supplements to help the side effects, I'm still pretty tired.
TinaT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-15, 11:49 AM  
ADoll

I'm not Jenn but I've also been using the containers "loosely". It helps with learning portion control. I have been cheating at times but I'm still losing. Of course, you still need to eat clean as much as possible and not go over too much. You need to follow the guide as closely as you can. I also use MFP to help me.
ADoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-15, 12:37 PM  
TinaT

I'm not worried about the portions. I've done that off and on for years. It's more about the recipes, etc. If I want the same meal for 3 nights in a row and it meets portion standards am I alright. It's that kind of "loosely" I'm more concerned about.
Old 08-27-15, 12:55 PM  
jenn38

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinaT View Post
Jenn ~When you say "loosely", what does that mean? I like the idea of the containers to help take the guessing out of portions. BUT... I don't have it in me to learn a ton of recipes, etc. So if I follow the guide as close as I can, should I still see results.?

ETA: I know my posts are sounding completely lazy, but I'm just being transparent as to where I'm at mentally with the menopause. Even with taking supplements to help the side effects, I'm still pretty tired.
I measure when I can. I cook dinner and I fill my carb in one cup, veg in another and so forth. It only takes an extra minute. But if I'm out I don't measure I just enjoy what I'm eating. I haven't followed the guide except to know how many containers. And I haven't used any of the recipes.

It helps me to be mindful of what's going in my mouth. And that I eat more the. I need to. These containers give you a good size portion. And it helps me know that I should be eating more of this and less of that.
Old 08-27-15, 02:09 PM  
TinaT

Thanks for clarifying. I was hoping that's what you'd say. Using the containers would be easy for me. Just might be worth a try.
Old 08-27-15, 02:28 PM  
jenn38

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinaT View Post
Thanks for clarifying. I was hoping that's what you'd say. Using the containers would be easy for me. Just might be worth a try.
No problem. I was apprehensive about purchasing the set. I mean you can buy containers anywhere in the same sizes, but they are cute and they are easy to use. I normally use them to pack my lunch and for dinner if eating at home.

The workouts I have mixed thoughts on some I really like and some I don't. Autumn is a good instructor and motivating. Plus you can make these as hard or as easy as you want them to be. There is no choreography to them just simple drills done for a minute. Plus the workouts go by pretty fast. My only complaint is I would like a better warm up and a better stretch on the end. But I can fix that by doing a Cathe warm up and some yoga after if I want.
Old 08-27-15, 04:24 PM  
Sollamyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by bzar View Post
is there an existing menopause check in?

this seems to be a recurring theme!

sorry to hijack the thread!
That sounds like something I might be able to handle. I'm a check-in drop-out, though, so what do I know? Oh, well, I do know about hot flashes and sleep disruptions, and not feeling very energetic and having a very short attention span. It's not really too awful. I mean, I've been through worse. But this is lasting a lot longer than I thought it would. A check-in might steer me in the right direction. I can hope, anyway.

Donna

Tags
21 day fix, 21df