Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 07-08-15, 08:22 AM  
Michefit

Quote:
Originally Posted by mizach View Post
I am still loving TA streaming. I think TA is brilliant . You are constantly moving everything. Your arms, your torso, your legs and that to the beat of modern music, what is there not to love? Of course, losing 3 inches off my menopausal stomach is a big plus too.

Last night, I did more than 2 hours of TA streaming since she can just make me get in a zone, move, dance, smile and sweat.

These days, a few workout genres or instructors can make me workout with them for more than an hour per day:
TA
Soul Sweat Alchemy of Movement led by Lucy
Zumba or dance
outdoor walking, running or biking
or I string my favorites to make for an hour long or more
Mizach - so true! I posted previous that the streaming feels like a metabolic workout. I have been feeling it all over. My shirt is soaked after the hour. I still manage to tack on some cardio afterwards and it feels amazing. I have been using the ab section from the Beginner workout every other day to keep that area toned. I seem to need a little extra in that area now that I have hit the 40 zone

I too have lost some amazing inches on the hips and thighs. I am still mystified as to what exactly happens when I commit to TA (and watch diet) I had started up with Tonique in the spring - but it bulked me almost immediately. It has taken at least a month to shrink back down from the Tonique. I am short limbed so I just have to accepted that certain workouts are just counter-productive.
Michefit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-15, 03:38 PM  
Debbie S.
VF Supporter

Lorna, I think she is brilliant also. I hate floor work with a passion, but I LOVE TA's floor work. To me, it's like floor-play. I sweat buckets during her workouts and I always burn a lot of calories. Never in a million years would I have thought that I would burn so many calories during floor work.

Cindy, her Stamina cardio workouts are pretty darn tough. I've been humbled by them. It's usually easy for me to tag on more cardio after my streaming workouts, but I find it pretty tough if I tag on a stamina cardio workout.
Don't Compare Yourself to somebody else. BE YOUR BEST! Chalene Johnson

A Spark of Hope

In memory of:
Michael Sparkman
October 11th, 2001-October 21st, 2008
Hope Fimiani
August 26th, 2006-October 13th, 2008
Debbie S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-15, 05:15 PM  
sophiesmom

This week's muscular structure work was short...but I thought it was freaking hard!

I think the sTAmina class is more fun than the DC that comes with Meta/Continuity.

Side note: ok, confess, who totally rocked out to "Whitesnake" in last week's workout?

Oh, just me.

I was busy air drumming and didn't realize she move on to a different exercise.
sophiesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-15, 05:28 PM  
cindylm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debbie S. View Post
Lorna, I think she is brilliant also. I hate floor work with a passion, but I LOVE TA's floor work. To me, it's like floor-play. I sweat buckets during her workouts and I always burn a lot of calories. Never in a million years would I have thought that I would burn so many calories during floor work.

Cindy, her Stamina cardio workouts are pretty darn tough. I've been humbled by them. It's usually easy for me to tag on more cardio after my streaming workouts, but I find it pretty tough if I tag on a stamina cardio workout.
It was tough and I am very unfit, but I really enjoyed it. If I can add a few minutes each day I will be happy. I probably looked like a hippo in a mud pool lol, but no one could see me so I decided to just go with it

I've woken up sore in places I haven't felt in a long time. My calves and uppper abs mostly.

I think my New balances runners are possibly too heavy to wear doing this so I am going to look at something a bit lighter like the Nikes.

I've been jumping from work out to work out lately looking for a magic potion. But I think I am going to settle into at least 3 months of TA cardio and beginners plus pilates, because I just loves pilates

Does everyone do cardio daily or do you mix it up?
cindylm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-15, 07:40 PM  
SuzieC

Quote:
Originally Posted by sophiesmom View Post
This week's muscular structure work was short...but I thought it was freaking hard!

I think the sTAmina class is more fun than the DC that comes with Meta/Continuity.

Side note: ok, confess, who totally rocked out to "Whitesnake" in last week's workout?

Oh, just me.

THIS! Yes, I agree, the stamina class is a lot more fun than DC, and although it's high impact, there are short periods of arm work where you are not jumping, so it doesn't feel as eternal as the Meta cardio. Plus the music is just awesome. This week's sTAmina was SO fun, it's unreal. My body media says I burned 332 calories in that 30 minutes. Plus another 200 from this week's realtime master class. It was shorter this week, but I agree it was tough and felt oh so good!

The classes just keep evolving, so you never get bored. She changes up the style and format slightly from week to week, so the current format feels different from the very first classes. She went through a period super long classes but i'm glad she's back to the 1 hr - 1:15 min format.
She's a genius. I have no plans to do anything other than TA (and Kundalini!) for a while!
SuzieC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-15, 08:50 PM  
mizach
VF Supporter

Michefit,
TA streaming is addicting. Even if I don't see visible results, the mental and emotional pleasure of doing the workouts is already a big plus for me. I am so glad you are enjoying them as well.

Debbie,
You are almost a VF twin in terms of workout preferences! I just don't have the ripped muscles you have .
Yes, I don't like floor work but TA streaming is just so good! Even if I don't do all the reps (sometimes I just stare at her after a few reps ), I still enjoy them so much. And yup, I sweat with her floor work. My heart beats fast as well. She is just like an Energizer bunny rabbit. She keeps going and going and going.
I enjoy her streaming cardio more than the complicated ones from her earlier releases. She even makes playing basketball (that's what I call her moves) or slapping someone so much fun. And of course, I love the boxing moves too. There is so much variety in her moves.
Mid-week feels like Christmas all the time. I can't wait to get her latest classes.

Hi fellow TA streamers!
mizach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-15, 09:50 PM  
basima

Red face I'm so close to caving...

I saw amazing results with Absentric, I just got burned out with Continuity quickly. TA pros: How do your results compare to what you saw with any of the Metas??

Does she use any props besides handweights?

Thank you so much for enabling!!!!!!

Last edited by basima; 07-08-15 at 09:59 PM. Reason: One more question
basima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-15, 04:13 AM  
Michefit

Quote:
Originally Posted by basima View Post
I saw amazing results with Absentric, I just got burned out with Continuity quickly. TA pros: How do your results compare to what you saw with any of the Metas??

Does she use any props besides handweights?

Thank you so much for enabling!!!!!!
basima, no props - just hand weights (so far that I have been doing it) Results have been plateau busting for me. The longer workouts will take you to the next level. They are fun - and you get amazing variety. I have been alternating the Master class with the Beginner class and since the workouts are changed every 7 days - definitely no boredom.
Old 07-09-15, 04:14 AM  
Michefit

Quote:
Originally Posted by sophiesmom View Post

Oh, just me.

I agree! Yea Whitesnake!
Old 07-09-15, 04:49 PM  
basima

Thank you Michefit. Congrats on breaking through your plateau!!!
basima is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ta streaming, tracy anderson, tracy anderson streaming