Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 05-11-15, 05:42 PM  
Buzzer

After reading the original post, I can pretty much guess who got in touch with you and wanted to "fly under the radar". Unfortunately, she also is one that has reached out to other VF'ers for what she sees as infractions they have said on this site. If you notice, the check ins don't use the true title of her work anymore, and don't use her name because she stalks them and singles them out for anything she doesn't think they should be saying.

This makes me stay very, VERY far away from the instructors work. I don't care if she gets me results, I refuse to have my actions and words controlled by an instructor on a public forum. She is getting the bully award from me, since I would have to say I'm 99% sure that's who it was.

I am very disturbed that she even had the ability to track you down, lorajc, and find you to send you a message. If she has an account on VF, please let Wendy know. She is very creepy. Please don't edit your words or delete anything because of some deranged "instructor".

As far as the music, from what I recall, you can use the songs if you do it like a DJ. Play a song, switch to another record/tape/CD/whatever. But, if you string the songs together into one big "mix tape", you need to pay royalties. I worked in a restaurant once that had this problem. If you get from any of those workout music CD places, you are covered since they are covered. If you break the law, don't tell me to shut up when I tell someone about it. That makes me louder.

ETA to say the instructor wants to be paid for their work so they charge for streaming. But they don't want to pay another artist for their work? Seems so hypocritical... I wonder if I will be gotten in touch with soon too for this...
TA Omni 90 days completed! 7/11/11-ish
Tapout XT1 90 days DONE! 6/29/13
Body Beast: Done 3/14, minus the last week. I started JNL and never looked back!
JNL DONE! 5/12/14
Buzzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-15, 05:59 PM  
Nuggie's Auntie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzzer View Post
ETA to say the instructor wants to be paid for their work so they charge for streaming. But they don't want to pay another artist for their work? Seems so hypocritical... I wonder if I will be gotten in touch with soon too for this...
Reminds me of a church meeting I attended the other night. We were brainstorming ways to raise money for a charity event, and someone suggested the church musicians record a CD that we could sell. A professional violinist in the group said, 'Please don't ask musicians to do extra stuff for free!' They voluntarily play for the church, but it stings when all their years of training and practice is expected to be donated.

Anyway, Ugh. I find the concept of an instructor directly contacting a VF poster highly inappropriate. Is this common?? I've never heard of this happening before.
Nuggie's Auntie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-15, 06:12 PM  
Debbie S.
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzzer View Post
After reading the original post, I can pretty much guess who got in touch with you and wanted to "fly under the radar". Unfortunately, she also is one that has reached out to other VF'ers for what she sees as infractions they have said on this site. If you notice, the check ins don't use the true title of her work anymore, and don't use her name because she stalks them and singles them out for anything she doesn't think they should be saying.

This makes me stay very, VERY far away from the instructors work. I don't care if she gets me results, I refuse to have my actions and words controlled by an instructor on a public forum. She is getting the bully award from me, since I would have to say I'm 99% sure that's who it was.

I am very disturbed that she even had the ability to track you down, lorajc, and find you to send you a message. If she has an account on VF, please let Wendy know. She is very creepy. Please don't edit your words or delete anything because of some deranged "instructor".

As far as the music, from what I recall, you can use the songs if you do it like a DJ. Play a song, switch to another record/tape/CD/whatever. But, if you string the songs together into one big "mix tape", you need to pay royalties. I worked in a restaurant once that had this problem. If you get from any of those workout music CD places, you are covered since they are covered. If you break the law, don't tell me to shut up when I tell someone about it. That makes me louder.

I know exactly who you are referring to, because I've seen this instructor in action. But said instructor isn't the only instructor that we have had to change the spelling of their name, because they do read anything related to their workout, including check-ins. For anyone who is still guessing, no it is not TA.

It's beyond TACKY that any instructor would contact a VFer here and tell that VFer their post is inappropriate, and I really do think that LoraC should contact Wendy. This is OUR site and we should not have to censor our posts (yet we do) because a certain instructor.

I do agree that its hypocritical to say that they're flying under the radar, yet they CHARGE for their service. Lordy, now I've heard everything.

I'm guessing that some instructors who are streaming have gone the Spotify and other music streaming sites. But it's a guess. They choose the music and then create a playlist, so it's basically background music, definitely not a workout choreographed to music.
Don't Compare Yourself to somebody else. BE YOUR BEST! Chalene Johnson

A Spark of Hope

In memory of:
Michael Sparkman
October 11th, 2001-October 21st, 2008
Hope Fimiani
August 26th, 2006-October 13th, 2008
Debbie S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-15, 06:20 PM  
Lisa C
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuggie's Auntie View Post
Anyway, Ugh. I find the concept of an instructor directly contacting a VF poster highly inappropriate. Is this common?? I've never heard of this happening before.
It should not be common, but it probably happens to others.

From the Instructor guidelines:
Quote:
As a result, we ask that those with a commercial interest in the products we discuss NOT post to our boards or attempt to contact our members directly. This preserves the nature of our community and it protects you, too.
Obviously hard to enforce, but lorajc, you can contact Wendy and let her know.

Won't somebody who knows who we are talking about (I don't!) name names please so people don't have to guess? I'm sure some people would like to know who is doing this. And why should the instructor get to decide what is talked about here.
Old 05-11-15, 06:25 PM  
PhyllisG

Won't somebody who knows who we are talking about (I don't!) name names please so people don't have to guess? I'm sure some people would like to know who is doing this. And why should the instructor get to decide what is talked about here.[/QUOTE]

I have no clue who,is being discussed and yes I would like to know. I would like to know who does this kind of thing.
PhyllisG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-15, 06:27 PM  
Debbie S.
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisa C View Post
It should not be common, but it probably happens to others.

From the Instructor guidelines:

Obviously hard to enforce, but lorajc, you can contact Wendy and let her know.

Won't somebody who knows who we are talking about (I don't!) name names please so people don't have to guess? I'm sure some people would like to know who is doing this. And why should the instructor get to decide what is talked about here.

Maybe Wendy should make this decision!?
Don't Compare Yourself to somebody else. BE YOUR BEST! Chalene Johnson

A Spark of Hope

In memory of:
Michael Sparkman
October 11th, 2001-October 21st, 2008
Hope Fimiani
August 26th, 2006-October 13th, 2008
Debbie S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-15, 06:28 PM  
bee
VF Supporter

In case people missed, it was the grooveshark site that was violating copyright law, not any fitness instructors, at least not directly. Here's the news on it:

http://www.thestar.com.my/Tech/Tech-...stry-pressure/
bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-15, 06:28 PM  
Buzzer

Deleted because someone else had a point of saying may be Wendy should decide, although I am not above giving her name for everyone to be aware of. Anyone who wants to know pm me and I will be more than happy to give her name.
TA Omni 90 days completed! 7/11/11-ish
Tapout XT1 90 days DONE! 6/29/13
Body Beast: Done 3/14, minus the last week. I started JNL and never looked back!
JNL DONE! 5/12/14
Buzzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-15, 06:29 PM  
Demeris

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhyllisG View Post
I have no clue who,is being discussed and yes I would like to know. I would like to know who does this kind of thing.[/QUOTE]

I would like to know, too. Even if her workouts were stellar and gave me the strength of Popeye on spinach, this is unethical behavior, and I wouldn't do the workouts, even if they were free.
Demeris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-15, 06:34 PM  
Lisa C
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debbie S. View Post
Maybe Wendy should make this decision!?
As long as people don't tell lies about an instructor, I'm not sure why we shouldn't know who is doing this.

The instructor is breaking the rules. Talking about an instructor is not breaking the rules. If we can't know who is doing it, then she (I'm assuming a she) is getting what she wants.

Tags
music, terri walsh