Nuggie's Auntie

RAMP-Range of motion, Activation, Movement, Preparation
Nuggie's Auntie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-13, 04:53 PM  
bee
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuggie's Auntie View Post
+1. Starbelly and I were on the check-in together and had much the same impressions of the program.

I reviewed it on my blog, if you want to read about it. I thought Rachel did a pretty good job instructing, esp. since it was her first crack at a DVD, but I agree that sometimes the rest periods could have been used more efficiently. I'm glad I did it, but I don't plan to do it again.
Loved your blog post!!
bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-13, 05:23 PM  
momofcha

Quote:
+1. Starbelly and I were on the check-in together and had much the same impressions of the program.

I reviewed it on my blog, if you want to read about it. I thought Rachel did a pretty good job instructing, esp. since it was her first crack at a DVD, but I agree that sometimes the rest periods could have been used more efficiently. I'm glad I did it, but I don't plan to do it again.
I didn't know you had a blog - I loved your PB one! You sound just like me!!!

"I'm just one workout away from a good mood." ~ Valerie Waters
momofcha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-13, 06:37 PM  
Nuggie's Auntie

Quote:
Originally Posted by shammy902 View Post
I didn't know you had a blog - I loved your PB one! You sound just like me!!!
Nothing like those barre lalalas!

Thanks for the blog love.
Old 12-10-13, 07:36 PM  
Sue B
VF Supporter

It's the only rotation I ever finished, which makes it great right there I lost 2 sizes (posted my progress photos over at Facebook) and 3 months later, amazingly, the sizes have stayed off. I think a big part of the reason is having much better eating habits. I choose from 3 different breakfasts, prepare them myself, measure and weigh and eat whole food whenever possible.

I followed the eating plan from the book except for one week when we went on vacation and I gorged on Maine lobster. I tried to use both book and DVDs, but found that they're not really interchangeable (like, exercises on a workout A on the DVDs might be on workout B in the book) so I ended up doing mostly the gym workouts. The only substitution I remember was the TRX fallouts, which made my shoulders hurt and felt awkward, so I subbed plank push-aways with towels.

When I finished, I was on such a Rachel kick that I did the last 2 phases of Female Body Breakthrough. I hadn't done barbell back squats in ages and was amazed at how much I could squat! I might move on to NROL Life after FBB is over. I really hope Rachel writes/films a sequel.

Drop Two Sizes, Fit Body Blueprint, STRONG Eat. Lift. Thrive. and Revamp grad

DISCLOSURE: I have a professional relationship with a seller or producer of fitness videos or products. For details, please see my profile.
Sue B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-13, 07:50 PM  
Nuggie's Auntie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sue B View Post
It's the only rotation I ever finished, which makes it great right there I lost 2 sizes (posted my progress photos over at Facebook) and 3 months later, amazingly, the sizes have stayed off.
That's awesome, Sue!
Old 12-11-13, 07:35 AM  
Sue B
VF Supporter

Quote:
That's awesome, Sue!
Thanks!

Drop Two Sizes, Fit Body Blueprint, STRONG Eat. Lift. Thrive. and Revamp grad

DISCLOSURE: I have a professional relationship with a seller or producer of fitness videos or products. For details, please see my profile.
Sue B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-13, 08:00 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

That's a great price! You guys have me so close to ordering. I know weight size is different for everyone, but I work out from home and the heaviest dumbbell I have is 15 lbs. Would this set work for me with that weight? Or maybe I should ask for those who made great strength gains, how heavy did you go?

Nuggie's Auntie, I've said it in another thread, but I have to say it again. I love your blog posts.
summer breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-13, 09:29 AM  
Nuggie's Auntie

Quote:
Originally Posted by summer breeze View Post
That's a great price! You guys have me so close to ordering. I know weight size is different for everyone, but I work out from home and the heaviest dumbbell I have is 15 lbs. Would this set work for me with that weight? Or maybe I should ask for those who made great strength gains, how heavy did you go?

Nuggie's Auntie, I've said it in another thread, but I have to say it again. I love your blog posts.
Thanks, summer breeze!

I have up to 20lb. dumbbells and really could have gone heavier on some exercises. I also have a barbell and plates that can go as heavy as a 38lbs., but again, that wasn't enough on things like deadlifts. I did buy a 20 (or was it 25?) lb. kettlebell, but decided not to buy any other weights for the program. I am really not super into heavy lifting, and I have limited space for storage (one of these days I'm going to write a blog post on my already slightly embarrassing collection of fitness toys!) so I really didn't want to buy anything else.

I still think I got a lot out of D2S, but I probably could have done more with heavier weights. The nice thing about D2S is that it really isn't expensive at this point. You get a lot of material for not a lot of money, so to me, it was worth it to do it. It gave me a nice change from barre for a few weeks. I don't know that I'll ever do it again in it's entirety, but I don't regret it at all!
Old 12-11-13, 09:33 AM  
bee
VF Supporter

And do you think the dvd's are a better way to go than the book? I can't believe I'm even thinking about this!
bee is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
d2s, drop 2 sizes, foam rolling, rachel cosgrove, ramp warm-up, warm ups, warm-up