Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 07-28-13, 11:22 AM  
Jane P.
VF Supporter

When I did the workouts, I was restarting after not doing weight workouts for quite a while. I found I could complete the workouts, but was exhausted afterwards and couldn't get much done for the rest of the day. So I decided to drop back and do fewer reps with less weight. I still haven't worked up to the full workout in the first phase yet, so I don't really have any results to report except that I'm slowly improving.

I'm also intimidated by the metabolic workouts. I dread pushing so hard even if it's for a short amount of time.
Old 07-28-13, 04:56 PM  
pgun3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jane P. View Post
When I did the workouts, I was restarting after not doing weight workouts for quite a while. I found I could complete the workouts, but was exhausted afterwards and couldn't get much done for the rest of the day. So I decided to drop back and do fewer reps with less weight. I still haven't worked up to the full workout in the first phase yet, so I don't really have any results to report except that I'm slowly improving.

I'm also intimidated by the metabolic workouts. I dread pushing so hard even if it's for a short amount of time.
I don't like metabolic workouts either for the same reason. Seems like I am in the same boat as you Jane as I haven't been doing weights in quite awhile and I am not good at plank exercises either.
pgun3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-13, 05:55 PM  
MKEMom

I start this tomorrow, so I'm glad I saw this thread! I've been uninspired by my workouts lately, and a few pounds have crept back on, so I really need a kick to the tuckus. I'm going to have DH take some pictures of me tonight and everything

Nice to see that others are getting good results. I was very curious about what people did on the "off" days. I can't imagine taking that many days off, but I thought I'd play it by ear.
MKEMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-13, 06:18 PM  
momofcha

I'm in the 3rd week of phase 2 & I'll share my thoughts.

I am trying very hard to follow this & stick with it because I have been jumping all over the place these days. I love lifting & my favorite program is CLX. What I like about this program is it's less working out than I'm used to. I finally got my hunger in check & I love that.

The workouts themselves are boring me to tears. Doing 3 sets of the same exercises are killing me. Not because they're tough, but yawn. I am trying to stick with it & most days I do, but I can't wait to get the new KETTLEBELL set & my dream body cardio series so I can move on.

As for results, I really have none to speak of. I haven't lost any of my strength I've had from CLX & kettle bells, but I've noticed no new definition.

I'm not following it 100% as I just don't have an hour+ a day to include the warm up & foam rolling every workout.

I've been following a strength/cardio/strength/cardio rotation for a long time now.

On my "off" days from lifting with D2S I have been doing dream body & I've upped my walking quite a bit.

My boyfriend did comment in my jeans the other day that I did look like I've lost weight so there's that. Is it this program or the increased walking + less eating? I think I'd put my money there.

Just my $.02

"I'm just one workout away from a good mood." ~ Valerie Waters
momofcha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-13, 09:55 PM  
shaka02

Hi all -
I recently finished all three phases of this rotation. I did, indeed, drop 2 sizes. I have a scale that measures %muscle and %bodyfat. For me, my lbs of muscle stayed the same and I lost 11 lbs of fat.

I love these workouts and did not add any additional workouts to the rotation. Previously, I had been working out daily and I was quite surprised to see that fewer workouts per week is actually a good idea. As Rachel says "More is not always better. Better is better."

For diet, I followed the spirit of the diet but not the diet as written in the book: moved more of my food intake to earlier in the day, cut out the junk food, ate lots of veggies and lean protein, added a multivitamin, vitamin D, and fish oil. I did not measure anything and if I was hungry, I ate. I was very surprised to see that my evening cravings went away as did my need for caffeine (previously, I was drinking tons of tea to get thru the day).

I also focused on recovery and stress reduction.

For me, this was a great program!

Deb

Last edited by shaka02; 07-29-13 at 10:23 AM. Reason: typo
shaka02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-13, 01:16 AM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaka02 View Post
Hi all -
I recently finished all three phases of this rotation. I did, indeed, drop 2 sizes. I have a scale that measures %muscle and %bodyfat. For me, my lbs of muscle stayed the same and I lost 11 lbs of fat.

I love these workouts and did not add any additional workouts to the rotation. Previously, I had been working out daily and I was quite surprised to see that fewer workouts per week is actually a good idea. As Rachel says "More is not always better. Better is better."

For diet, I followed the spirit of the diet but not the diet as written in the book: moved more of my food intact to earlier in the day, cut out the junk food, ate lots of veggies and lean protein, added a multivitamin, vitamin D, and fish oil. I did not measure anything and if I was hungry, I ate. I was very surprised to see that my evening cravings went away as did my need for caffeine (previously, I was drinking tons of tea to get thru the day).

I also focused on recovery and stress reduction.

For me, this was a great program!

Deb
so happy for you, Deb shaka! wow!

i've only done part of 1 of the workouts, but plan to use add them into my own rotation.

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-13, 04:13 AM  
pgun3

I don't like the idea of an hour+ workout. LOL
Sue were you already in pretty good shape? It sounds like you are!

Deb congrats on your 2 dress sizes! LOL I would of freaked if my scale didn't come down. It would be interesting that the fat was coming down but not the weight. But I could handle that!

Thanks for the info guys!!!
pgun3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-13, 06:43 AM  
Sue B
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaka02 View Post
Hi all -
Congrats!

It sounds like the way to succeed on this program, is not to add a bunch of extra cardio. With me anyway, my body needs to recover, and that's when muscle is built, on your rest days.

Drop Two Sizes, Fit Body Blueprint, STRONG Eat. Lift. Thrive. and Revamp grad

DISCLOSURE: I have a professional relationship with a seller or producer of fitness videos or products. For details, please see my profile.
Sue B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-13, 06:48 AM  
twinkletoes

I just started the 2nd month of this program. So far I haven't really lost any weight (maybe a pound) but I did lose an inch around my waist. On my rest days I might run but that's it. When I started this program, I was doing Cathe on my off days but then I was feeling extremely tired and realized I was overtraining. The program does seem kinda boring, doing the same exercises for 3 sets, but since I workout in the morning, that's fine with me. I'm gonna stick with it til the end because I know I'll see some good results!
Old 07-29-13, 08:44 AM  
Pie
VF Supporter

I'm in phase 2 (week 6) of the program. It helped me discover foam rolling and I love it. I've only lost one pound but I've toned up a little more and my waist is smaller. I haven't actually measured yet. I am not following the diet but I bought the book to read about the meal plan.

This thread is helping me to try and stick with it. I have some new workouts that I'm itching to try......

Results are not made in the Comfort Zone........ - Mike Karpenko
Pie is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
d2s, drop 2 sizes, drop two sizes, rachel cosgrove