Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 05-26-13, 08:38 PM  
TonyaK

Where is it being sold for $30? Anyone have a link?
TonyaK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-13, 08:40 PM  
nevertoolate

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaka02 View Post
Hi all -I just wrote some info about area and equipment in the longer thread about this system. Check it out and feel free to ask more if I missed info you would like to know.

If you follow the philosophy of the system and increase the weights you are using over time, then you should find the workouts very challenging. I'm sure that I won't need 100lb weights over the three months for this plan. Possibly a male who starts with a very strong foundation of strength will need that much weight???

Deb
Thanks, Deb. I saw your other post, too. That's helpful. This sounds too good to pass up. I just ordered while the sale and coupon are still on. I'm looking forward to it.

Ann
nevertoolate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-13, 09:35 PM  
rad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exercise Diva View Post
I think it's the best money I've spent this year honestly. I generally do not like rotations and commitments like this but I think the workouts are great and very well thought out. What i also love is that while many weight workouts leave my joints sore and require a lot of post-workout stretching, I don't find that to be the case with these workouts. She builds in a lot of stretching throughout the workout and I think the foam roller helps a lot too. The only negative I can see potentially is that I will have to continually go up in weights to remain challenged (maybe not - it's still early yet for me) so there could be a cost/space commitment there. So far i use 10's, 15s, and 20s and supplement with 18 lb and 22 lb kettlebells. Hope this helps.

Joan
Wow! That's quite the endorsement. Can't wait. Because honestly, I have no idea what I signed up for either. Lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by F1mom View Post
I've done 75 swings with my 10 lb dumb bell 2 times in the last week and my butt is higher than it ever was. By that I mean when I lift it up I only have centimeters to go, not feet or yards like before.
Funny
rad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-13, 12:19 AM  
nevertoolate

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyaK View Post
Where is it being sold for $30? Anyone have a link?
From the Bargain Forum:

"Drop Two Sizes (DVD's only) - $34.99

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I was just looking at Rodale's website and Rachel Cosgrove's Drop Two Sizes program - DVD's only - is $34.99.

https://www.rodalestore.com/catalog/...gram/?___SID=U

Customer25 discount code still works, which will drop the price to $26.24. Two options for shipping... $4.xx (Sorry - forgot the exact price...) for standard shipping or $10.99 (priority mail). "

Ann
nevertoolate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-13, 01:12 AM  
TonyaK

Thanks, Ann!
TonyaK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-13, 02:36 PM  
shaka02

PS for those who did cave - there is a check-in thread for this set in the Challenges & Check ins portion of this forum.
Deb
shaka02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-13, 09:19 PM  
yahoo205

I wonder if this would work well with Tracy Anderson?
yahoo205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-13, 10:21 PM  
dela

Just chiming in on a few of the topics mentioned, you will need some kind of box or step for a few of the exercises a couple different versions of step ups and the elevated leg split squat, and the rows in a plank using the bench. She also uses the step to provide the modification for pushups instead of doing push ups on your knees.

I think possibly the comments about 100+ pounds came from hwc's post about deadlifts with the barbell, but he's a guy . So far the heaviest I use is my 30 pound db on rows and my 16kg kettlebell for deadlifts and swings, but the most commonly used for me are 15,20,25's. She shows a DB sub for all kettlebell exercises, but she does mention that swings really do just work better with a kb.

This is the best program I have ever bought. I bought early and paid full price, and it was still worth it. I would say to anyone curious, at this price, it's really worth it. This set helped my find a whole new way of working out that is really making sense to me right now.

The book workouts are nearly identical to the dvds, if you want to get a feel for the workouts before buying the dvds. And she does not use TRX in the dvds.
dela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-13, 10:37 AM  
yahoo205

Quote:
Originally Posted by dela View Post
Just chiming in on a few of the topics mentioned, you will need some kind of box or step for a few of the exercises a couple different versions of step ups and the elevated leg split squat, and the rows in a plank using the bench. She also uses the step to provide the modification for pushups instead of doing push ups on your knees.

I think possibly the comments about 100+ pounds came from hwc's post about deadlifts with the barbell, but he's a guy . So far the heaviest I use is my 30 pound db on rows and my 16kg kettlebell for deadlifts and swings, but the most commonly used for me are 15,20,25's. She shows a DB sub for all kettlebell exercises, but she does mention that swings really do just work better with a kb.

This is the best program I have ever bought. I bought early and paid full price, and it was still worth it. I would say to anyone curious, at this price, it's really worth it. This set helped my find a whole new way of working out that is really making sense to me right now.

The book workouts are nearly identical to the dvds, if you want to get a feel for the workouts before buying the dvds. And she does not use TRX in the dvds.
Oh wow, good to know. Why exactly do you like it so much? Do you follow rotation as is or do anything else?
yahoo205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-13, 11:01 AM  
Sue B
VF Supporter

I have to add my two cents to all the praise I'm starting Week 3, and I've already lost an inch around both my waist and hips. I'm doing the entire program - sometimes I work out at the gym, sometimes at home - and love taking advantage of all the fresh summer produce! I've tried quinoa (love it) and Ezekiel bread (not so much) for the first time. The road maps in the book seemed corny when I read them in the bookstore, but put to use, they are really encouraging and offer just the motivation boosts I need.

For squats, I use the 12K kettlebell and for the kneeling OH presses, a 20 pound kettlebell. Those 15-rep sets can be rough after all the core work.

Drop Two Sizes, Fit Body Blueprint, STRONG Eat. Lift. Thrive. and Revamp grad

DISCLOSURE: I have a professional relationship with a seller or producer of fitness videos or products. For details, please see my profile.
Sue B is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
d2s, drop two sizes, rachel cosgrove