Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 03-21-13, 07:57 PM  
dela

I ordered! And I'm proud to say I made it almost a whole 24 hours before doing so
dela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-13, 08:03 PM  
Helen S
VF Supporter

This looks good. But the Spartacus clips also looked good and I'm glad that I didn't bite on those after reading VF reviews.
Old 03-21-13, 08:13 PM  
rhbrand

Quote:
Originally Posted by dela View Post
I ordered! And I'm proud to say I made it almost a whole 24 hours before doing so
I caved too. My first dvd purchase since Jan and won't buy anymore til after April. Besides, I loved her first book. Maybe I should do that til I get these.
Old 03-21-13, 09:27 PM  
lorajc

I ordered...I definitely need to lose 2 sizes and then another 2!!!!! just hope my wrist heals soon. I finally got the okay to hold 2-3 lb wts in my bad hand, so thats a step in the right direction.
lorajc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-13, 11:11 PM  
princess76

Quote:
Originally Posted by fit44 View Post
This is all I could find-

"On each DVD, you'll find either two strength workouts or two metabolic cardio workouts, plus a foam roll routine and a warmup."
Ooh, foam roll routine? I need to do more of that.
princess76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-13, 07:11 AM  
ellaenchanted

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolyn jane View Post
Wow, that's not much information! Definitely not enough to help me decide if I want to spend that much money on this system.
I agree! It sounds like it may be a great program but there is very little information in the actual copy on the website. You'd think they'd at least provide a short blurb describing the workouts and the "freebies." I was also a little skeptical when I noticed some of the before/afters looked like the women just had on loose clothing in the before shot and compressive, fitted clothing in the after shot. The dramatic before/after says she achieved the results after continuing w/ exercise and diet (not clear whether is exactly that program or if she added/changed things up).

Again, I think it is probably an excellent program but this type of website and marketing is such a turn off. It's too much like all the scam-type products/services advertising you see. I hope to see more quality information about this set.
ellaenchanted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-13, 07:22 AM  
ssa438
VF Supporter

That website was pretty bad

Ellaenchanted, I agree about the site! I did order, because I liked the clip, and I have confidence RC would do a quality workout. But that website is creepy! Some elements of it screams scam, even if it is not.
ssa438 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-13, 07:23 AM  
rose2boys

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helen S View Post
This looks good. But the Spartacus clips also looked good and I'm glad that I didn't bite on those after reading VF reviews.
In a nutshell, what did the reviews say? I have been seriously looking at Spartacus 3.0 free trial -- not understanding if they are downloads, DVDs w/online access to the "support" stuff or what? Of course, NO real clips of actual workouts...
But, also interested in Drop 2 Sizes -- wish it was offered in download & DVD.

UGH!! I don't really need anything, but...can't help myself
Old 03-22-13, 07:49 AM  
Sue B
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhbrand View Post
I caved too. My first dvd purchase since Jan and won't buy anymore til after April. Besides, I loved her first book. Maybe I should do that til I get these.
I really like FBB, too. (The program, that is - I ignore the rest of it Although the nutritional advice is much simpler and less complicated than most other books)

Rachel has videos on YouTube also, including at least 2 programs, Sleek and STrong and One Month to Muscle.
Sleek/Strong first video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=je-1dG6dBbM
One Month to Muscle:
Workout A http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kKQUCxZPs_0
Workout B http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9r_j3ZQYb1s
Recovery: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zxQH6NnBQuI

Drop Two Sizes, Fit Body Blueprint, STRONG Eat. Lift. Thrive. and Revamp grad

DISCLOSURE: I have a professional relationship with a seller or producer of fitness videos or products. For details, please see my profile.
Sue B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-13, 08:06 AM  
Lexy
VF Supporter

Rachel answered my question (in general) on Facebook:

Rachel Cosgrove wrote: "They are broken up by phases - 3 phases, 1 per month, each phase includes 2 strength workouts and 2 metabolic interval workouts. Yes kettlebell or dumbbells."

Not exactly tons of info but it's something. I thought she said you do 3 strength a week and 1 metabolic so you repeat each strength workout for 4 weeks and (seems like) repeat one of those strength workouts WITHIN each week. If I understand her correctly.
Lexy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
drop two sizes, pencil, pencil insertion, rachel cosgrove, ramp warm-up, warm ups, warm-up