Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 08-20-12, 10:31 AM  
willowey124

Workout recommendations

Hi Everyone,

I am looking for suggestions for workouts with NO equipment with a good cardio factor and bodyweight strength exercises, so I can get it all in with one workout (I can do flexibility on other days).

Any recs? (Not Insanity).

Many thanks,

Kaz x
willowey124 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-12, 10:42 AM  
PeakFitness

Tracie Long Weightless
Prevention Belly Butt & Thighs (weights are optional, I do it without any weights)
Kelly Coffey Myers Body Training
Old 08-20-12, 10:47 AM  
dela

Tapout XT, the only equipment they use is a tubing band and a stretchy band, it comes with both, but the resistance on them is a bit light.
dela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-12, 11:02 AM  
katmom

Weider X-Factor: ST is one that can be purchased at Walmart or Target for about $40 (some have even purchased it for $30). You get a set of pushup stands, weeks 1-8 DVD's and 4 additional DVD's (abs, glutes/thighs, total body, yoga). It is an 8 week rotation which is a printable PDF document on one of the discs. It is body weight training with a cardio effect and no equipment (unless you want to use the pushup stands). The trainer, Nahesi Crawford, is very motivating and easy on the eyes. While the form for the background exercisers is sometimes questionable, Nahesi's form is good so listen to his form recommendations and watch him. Most of the workouts are 45 minutes or less.

Here is a thread on this system
http://forum.videofitness.com/showth...ghlight=weider

Here is link describing he system
http://www.weiderfitness.com/webapp/...2_48006_183269
Old 08-20-12, 11:39 AM  
Diana2468

Many of Leslie Sansone's workouts are walking only, and even the ones that have "boosters" can be done without. WATP express super challenge, Power Walk, 3 mile weight loss walk, and 5 fat burning miles come to mind as fun workouts with a good calorie burn that don't require any equipment. Some of her Target kits (can be found at Target.com) do use boosters but are sold with whatever equipment you need to do the workout. I find that I like boosters, like the weight belt and the wrist weights, that add some weight without me having to hold or manipulate anything.

You do get some bodyweight toning (particularly in the legs) but I think it's debatable how much. I find my legs are leaner and more defined after I've started doing leslie a few times per week. I personally don't find that I get much toning benefit from her arm exercises, but they do get my heart rate up.
Diana2468 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-12, 12:34 PM  
nevertoolate

Quote:
Originally Posted by katmom View Post
Weider X-Factor: ST is one that can be purchased at Walmart or Target for about $40 (some have even purchased it for $30). You get a set of pushup stands, weeks 1-8 DVD's and 4 additional DVD's (abs, glutes/thighs, total body, yoga). It is an 8 week rotation which is a printable PDF document on one of the discs. It is body weight training with a cardio effect and no equipment (unless you want to use the pushup stands). The trainer, Nahesi Crawford, is very motivating and easy on the eyes. While the form for the background exercisers is sometimes questionable, Nahesi's form is good so listen to his form recommendations and watch him. Most of the workouts are 45 minutes or less.

Here is a thread on this system
http://forum.videofitness.com/showth...ghlight=weider

Here is link describing he system
http://www.weiderfitness.com/webapp/...2_48006_183269
+1

I love Weider X Factor ST. It also has some great core and back work. I gained considerable strength doing it. My husband even did it and he never does workout DVDs! I highly recommend it.

Ann

Last edited by nevertoolate; 08-20-12 at 12:35 PM. Reason: correct
nevertoolate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-12, 10:18 PM  
Breezy Trousers

Maybe Lisa Watson's latest release, Strong Stride Cardio Strength??? ... I did the lower body segment this morning. I think it's an intermediate workout if you take Lisa's 2-minute breaks (!!) between the three circuits, but I swung a kettlebell during the breaks, causing it to creep into high intermediate/low advanced territory. You can just as easily run or jump rope in place during the 2-minute breaks to keep your heartrate up.

Brooklyn Bridge Boot Camp comes with the requisite bands. Pull up a kitchen chair or tall-box for step-ups and dips, and you're ready to go. No other equipment is necessary.

Montenegro Endurance, too.

Last edited by Breezy Trousers; 08-21-12 at 09:46 AM. Reason: comments on Strong Stride Cardio Strength
Breezy Trousers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-12, 10:25 PM  
icebergslim

Brooklyn bridge (comes with bands)
Weider
Men's Health Belly Off
Delta Fit
Tonique (though she uses 2# dumbbells you can easily not use them)
icebergslim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-12, 10:33 PM  
lreidgreen
VF Supporter

I third Weider x-factor.
Other recommendations:
Ilaria's Bodystrikes 2
Crosspit (If memory serves, this is mainly squats,pushups and shadow boxing.)
lreidgreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-12, 08:12 AM  
Demeris

P57
Charlene Pickett's low impact stuff
Ellen
Leslie

t-tapp has a fairly strong cardio factor, if you push yourself, as do all barre workouts--but the cardio from both comes from good form and pushing yourself to your max

Last edited by Demeris; 08-24-12 at 06:16 AM. Reason: grammar
Demeris is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bodyweight, bodyweight cardio, bodyweight exercises, minimal equipment, nahesi crawford, x-factor st