Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 07-18-12, 11:34 PM  
LynnO
VF Supporter

Try doing Emily's workouts with the sound off. Her verbal cueing is good enough that I can do them with no sound. I didn't mind her so much on the first retail set from FE, but the second, my gosh, she never stops talking and she's talking double time and saying nothing most of the time and repeating herself.
LynnO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-12, 11:35 PM  
Lucky Star
VF Supporter

Love Kelsie's FE workouts; I think they're fun and have a great flow. Emily totally talks too fast and too much but overall I like her FE workouts fine; they're very doable. Alison's are good too. Rebekah's aren't too bad but have some moves that irritate me. Her woo-ing IS high pitched but I don't know - it doesn't really bother me for some reason.

Btw, I don't let any of the 'manic moves' get to me. I slow down and/or sub exercises, or otherwise modify on my own. I love that these workouts are short and effective, and that the instructors are friendly and encouraging.

ETA - Gosh, I have less and less interest in long workouts in general. Cardio, strength, intervals, barre, kickbox conditioning... anything longer than 30-40 minutes (45 tops!) collects dust in my home.
Lucky Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-12, 02:50 AM  
juberann

I hear ya, Lucky! and,once again, totally agree with you. 45 minutes is tops with me nowadays and I can handle that. I like that I can always choose a longer premix with Kelly and doing two of these is 40 minutes so that works,too. My issue is that I want to make the most out of every second of my workout time, I no longer have the time or patience for frilly, ineffective workouts so it does eliminate ALOT of workouts for me. I am so picky lately, it's crazy. So while these may move super fast, that's actually a good thing for me, get in, get it done, get out..........there is an advantage to moving fast
Old 07-19-12, 09:34 AM  
mle777

Does anyone happen to know when the next individual dvd from the FE set will go retail?

3x Tough Mudder
mle777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-12, 10:30 AM  
ebianco
VF Supporter

I'll join the FE love!

My first workout (a few months ago) was C1-S (Emily's) which I didn't care for at all, and was pretty worried I wouldn't like the rest of the set. But as it turns out that's the only workout I didn't like, I thought her C/S and C were great!

I have tried two of Rebekah's so far (S and C/S), two of Alison's (S and C/S) and I think two of Kelsie's (S and C/S), and LOVE the bonus workout with Jen. They are all just great workouts and I love getting in and out quickly! (Although I tend to take a couple extra minutes to stretch at the end).

I agree that Alison's is especially good due to her kettbell-style exercises, and Kelsie's is super fun with the kickboxing elements. I was dreading Rebekah's (the wooing) but actually it wasn't as bad as I was expecting. It seems like it would be really annoying on preview, but when you're working hard in the moment, it's not a big deal (IMO). Emily seems to rely more heavily on lunges than the other girls, probably making it my least favorite (tempermental knees) but I really do think her C/S and C were super fun. I really, really enjoy this set!

Add me to the list of people who have gotten mighty spoiled with the recent trend of SHORT workouts (no longer than 45 minutes) and now I rarely do anything longer than that But still my endurance has improved because I really go all out with the shorter workouts and it keeps my appetite down. Loving FE, Jillian's Body Rev, Kettlebell Kickboxing, and just caved on JNL...all short, intense workouts.
Old 07-19-12, 11:15 AM  
Jane1721

Quote:
Originally Posted by mle777 View Post
Does anyone happen to know when the next individual dvd from the FE set will go retail?
I hope I'm wrong, but I think The Firm decided not to continue with their plan to release two workouts at a time from the FE. There was supposed to be one last December and another this past March, and neither of those materialized...
Jane1721 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-12, 11:20 AM  
Fidget Queen

Fidget Queen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-12, 11:24 AM  
sgel4

Back in February I e-mailed Cathy Svode at the Firm and asked her about this and her response was that there wasn't any FIRM Express compilations to be released in 2012.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mle777 View Post
sgel4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-12, 11:53 AM  
mle777

Well that's unfortunate! I guess I'll have to break down and buy the set and trade away the two that I have or I guess I could try and trade for what I'm missing.

ETA - Thanks for the information

3x Tough Mudder
mle777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-12, 02:05 PM  
juberann

I had a feeling those plans had been scraped

Tags
firm express, kelsie, kelsie daniels, the firm express kit