Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 04-29-12, 03:56 PM  
Tiny

Thanks Stephanie! I think it is right up my alley. I will have to put it on my wish list for now, along with the others and see what I want first.

Arizonamom, thanks for sharing the clip. It makes a whole lot of sense to do the excersises he showed first before attempting the actual climb.

H.O.P.E.=Hold On Pain Ends
D.I.E.T.=Did I Eat That

"If I fall, I will get back up. If I am beaten, I will return."
"Strong is what happens when you run out of weak."
"As the New Year dawns we look back on a year of upheaval through the world and through our lives as well. Life is difficult. For those of us raised with the illusion that if we go to school, work hard, all will be well, that illusion dies hard."
Tiny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-12, 04:13 PM  
Sharaz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arizonamom View Post
I found my link to this guy who has rope exercises for whoever is interested.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jc6N5ei1amY&feature=plcp
very nice! we are going to start to work on this project next week. Still, need to look where to put the rope once it stop raining. I want it high
Old 04-29-12, 07:52 PM  
FirmDancer
VF Supporter

The Animal Conditioning DVD looks super-cool! I am really interested in it. Did anyone end up purchasing it?
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!” -- Hunter S. Thompson

Current Rotations:
JSmith: STRENGTHEN
ManFlowYoga: morning sessions & Strength Foundations
YogaGlo & MFML: easy, morning classes
FirmDancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-12, 09:46 PM  
Sharaz

Quote:
Originally Posted by FirmDancer View Post
The Animal Conditioning DVD looks super-cool! I am really interested in it. Did anyone end up purchasing it?
I'm getting it as a present. It was already shipped. So I may provide more feedback next week.

Greg Mihovich sent this e-mail today, so if anybody want it better hurry up!

Hello hope this email finds you in great health!

Upon your multiple requests I extended the Animal Conditioning launch deal for one more day -- midnight, Sunday the 29th. You can still get it at a discounted price right here:

I posted the link on my original post
Old 04-30-12, 05:58 PM  
Sharaz

My sister brought this today. She know me very well. I don't want to wait and still expecting more stuff for my B-day

Animal Conditioning DVD Manual (32 pages booklet inserted inside the DVD case)

(1) AC System Introduction
Summary - The Animal Conditioning (AC) movement-based exercise program is for people who are seeking to improve athleticism in such a way that it would enhance their fitness and neutral efficiently simultaneously. You will learn valuable skills of movement on the ground and proper ground engagement, while concurrently improving your functional fitness across a wide range of attributes, including straight, range of motion, coordination and conditioning. AC movement will work your body from every angle possible, way beyond any conventional exercise could, while dramatically strengthening joints, tendons, ligaments, fascia and muscle. AC System is great for dynamic warn ups, as a tanned alone conditioning practice or as an "insert" in between other functional training modalities, such as bodyweight training.

(2) AC System Movement and Exercise Glossary

Lower Body
Rolling Pigeon
Kong
Duck Walk (11 variations)
Duck Hop (4 variations)
360 Degree Squat Shin Roll
Shin Jump (2 variations)
Squat Broad Jump (2 variations)
Split Jump
Leg Swood
Single Leg Hop

Upper Body
Elbow Screw Push Up Roll
Alligator (3 variations)
Frog (4 variations)
Tiger
Croc (3 variations)
Wrist Walk

Core
Posterior Chain Emphasis
Crab Walk (3 variations)
Shoulder Bridge Walk (2 variations)
Shrimp (2 variations)

Anterior Chain Emphasis

Inchworm (3 variations)
Hip Hop (3 variations)
L-Sit Crawl (2 variations)

Rotational Emphasis
Prosoner Crawl (2 variations)
Sit Thru Leg Tread
Body Carioca Lateral Crunch
Shoulder Stand Walk (2 variations)
Butt Walk (2 variations)

Total Body
Bear Crawl (3 variations)
Lame Dog (2 variations)
Cougar (3 variations)
Frog Sprawl
Shin Jump & Frog Sprawl

(3) Scaling the AC Movements
(4) Making it Harder (suggestions to increase difficulty, eg. kettebell, weighted vest)
(5) Balancing Out the AC Movements (movements divided by pressing, pulling, squatting, bending, flexing & rotational)
(6) Program Designs & Sample Programs
(7) Dynamic Warm Ups
(8) Sample Dynamic Warm Up Circuits
(9) Stand Alone Conditioning Practices
(10) Circuit Training
(11) Endurance Circuit Samples
(12) Streght & Power Circuit Samples
(13) Power Endurance Circuit Samples
(14) AC Inserts
(15) Roadwork
(16) AC Movement with Rest in Between
(17) AC Interval Style
(18) Interval Training Samples
(19) Weekly Training Schedule
(20) AC as a Stand Alone Program
(21) Low Intensity Day
(22) Medium Intensity Day
(23) High Intensity Day
(24) AC Integrated with Other Programs

I have not previewed the DVD, but I understand is a paper workout. Not sure if you can follow on.

Two DVD's with bright purple back, so is a DVD'r. Not a problem with me, but know others care.

There is more technical and specific guidance on the manual. Is written is very small letters, so there is material to read. I will look at all carefully before starting to use this on my schedule.
Old 05-01-12, 12:09 AM  
Sharaz

Previewed Disk 1

Lower Body 23:30
Upper Body 10:30

I'm not sure how to describe it. I guess ANIMAL. There is no breakdowns or BS talk. The name of the movement appear on the screen and Greg show it. He perform each exercise traveling front and back 4 times. I guess you can follow on, if you can There are sample workouts on the manual in accord to your goals. Pretty much all the exercises are new to me. Maybe except one or other that look like a bear crawl. Very Fighter-ish. I consider it doable, but I must practice to be able to move as fast as him. That will comes with training.

The LB movements are performed on the full squat position (your butt is right there almost touching the floor) and there is plyos too (love it) The UB section is performed mainly on the ground traveling on the push position with different variations. There are some plyo push ups too while traveling, maybe what we call little air.

There is background music. I can call it, Rocky style music. Like on the trailer clip.

Greg have a nice accent. He's easy on the eyes too.

I don't like to mislead about a workout. This is HARDCORE stuff. Requires athleticism, balance, agility and total body conditioning. You are moving your body on all planes. I consider it a program for total body functional strength improvement.

No disappointment. I'm looking forward to the challenge
Old 05-01-12, 07:20 AM  
jessicarobin

Quote:
Originally Posted by SharazPR View Post
Previewed Disk 1

Lower Body 23:30
Upper Body 10:30

I'm not sure how to describe it. I guess ANIMAL. There is no breakdowns or BS talk. The name of the movement appear on the screen and Greg show it. He perform each exercise traveling front and back 4 times. I guess you can follow on, if you can There are sample workouts on the manual in accord to your goals. Pretty much all the exercises are new to me. Maybe except one or other that look like a bear crawl. Very Fighter-ish. I consider it doable, but I must practice to be able to move as fast as him. That will comes with training.

The LB movements are performed on the full squat position (your butt is right there almost touching the floor) and there is plyos too (love it) The UB section is performed mainly on the ground traveling on the push position with different variations. There are some plyo push ups too while traveling, maybe what we call little air.

There is background music. I can call it, Rocky style music. Like on the trailer clip.

Greg have a nice accent. He's easy on the eyes too.

I don't like to mislead about a workout. This is HARDCORE stuff. Requires athleticism, balance, agility and total body conditioning. You are moving your body on all planes. I consider it a program for total body functional strength improvement.

No disappointment. I'm looking forward to the challenge
is it a follow along workout or it what? looks like something i would like!
jessicarobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-12, 07:42 PM  
FirmDancer
VF Supporter

Sharaz - How much did you pay for it?
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!” -- Hunter S. Thompson

Current Rotations:
JSmith: STRENGTHEN
ManFlowYoga: morning sessions & Strength Foundations
YogaGlo & MFML: easy, morning classes
FirmDancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-12, 08:37 PM  
Sharaz

Quote:
Originally Posted by FirmDancer View Post
Sharaz - How much did you pay for it?
My sister know I always want fitness related stuff for B-day. She bought it for me for $47 + $6 shipping during the pre-sale special.
Old 05-01-12, 08:38 PM  
Sharaz

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessicarobin View Post
is it a follow along workout or it what? looks like something i would like!
jessica - I will preview later Disk 2 and let you know my final thoughts

Tags
animal, bodyweight, greg mihovich, gymnastics, sprawl