Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 07-17-11, 12:14 PM  
Hilary

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoegoddess View Post
I did Hipcentric for 4 weeks and got no results. My d**t was not the best tho. When you guys say your hips appeared smaller what did the tape measure say?
I think hips are so difficult to measure! If I had a tattooed line around my hips it would be a lot easier! I just finished my third week of Hipcentric and I'll have to say I was very pleased with how I looked in a very form-fitting dress (size 34, bought in Paris four years ago) that I wore this morning. I definitely felt like it was looser on my hips and thighs. And this is a dress that's cut very tight around the hips and made of a stretchy fabric that clings. I feel like I haven't lost any of the muscle definition I've gotten from years of Cathe, but I have significantly gained strength in my side muscles. I'm not an anatomy student so I don't know what muscles they are, but especially the muscles above my hipbones (they bulge ever so slightly ... you can see it on Tracy too) and those muscles that make "dents" on the sides of my glutes. Oh, and that V thing above the pubes ... I know someone posted a ghastly photo of some guy with it and mine is definitely subtler (thank goodness!!!), but it's there.

I'm going to stick with Tracy for a while, because I'm enjoying the workouts. I've had plenty of minor tweaks and twists from lifting heavy weights or from doing high-rep lifting like in the Classics, and I haven't suffered from any of the Meta moves. I love the fact that the workout is done in 30 minutes and that I can do cardio (which I love) every day. I did learn, though, that I have to do Tracy after the cardio or I can barely get through it! I'm doing Omni Hipcentric but I'm spending two weeks at each level ... 5 days of Meta, one day of the Mat Workout, and one day off. FWIW, I'm definitely not following her diet, which is RIDICULOUS!!! I couldn't survive on that little food, and I sure don't have the time to prepare it, not to mention that I'd never be able to eat with my family if I did. But I don't really have any weight to lose ... maybe a couple of pounds, but nothing I couldn't do if I managed to eat clean 5 days in a row!
Hilary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-11, 12:18 PM  
ellaenchanted

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alta-tude View Post
Debbie, I think we'd all prefer that you didn't discuss your love life on this forum!

*dead*
ellaenchanted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-11, 01:56 PM  
videofit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hilary View Post
I think hips are so difficult to measure! If I had a tattooed line around my hips it would be a lot easier
I think it depends where you hold your fat. If you have saddlebags, I'd measure around the hip joint. If your buttocks hold fat like mine do, I stand sideways to the mirror and position the tape measure over the part that curves out the most. That way when I lose fat, that is where I will be able to measure the difference. I lost half an inch this week and I've been working out less and eating less simply because I've had very painful TMJ.
Old 07-17-11, 02:20 PM  
fitmummy

I did TA workouts -I was a memeber at her overpriced studio and I used her dvds. I gave up as it was too expensive, and I believe it is a gimmick, she is endorsed by celebrities who got paid to say they do her workouts (norm for any PR agent)/and GP is her biggest investor in her Tribeca studio and of course her informecial is a money making. I like some parts of her workouts but they work for for certain women (mostly for the one who diet a lot or eat like a bird). I dont want to be tiny-tiny but I want to be strong and fit without bulk. I do as my own rotation that worked wonderfs I mix tonique, cathe and segments from P90X.
fitmummy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-11, 12:06 PM  
kariev34

Thanks for all the responses. I thin after all the years its hard for me to jump into TA though I do like her workouts. I don't have weight to lose but wonder what this type of training would do to my body. They are challenging and when I'm finished I get sore in placeses I didn't feel like I worked directly. I wonder if the weight loss experienced with TA is from muscle loss since you are no longer focusing on the larger muscle groups.
kariev34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-11, 01:31 PM  
Cassy

Quote:
Originally Posted by kariev34 View Post
I wonder if the weight loss experienced with TA is from muscle loss since you are no longer focusing on the larger muscle groups.
But at least it's really working your accessory muscles. LOL ok I couldn't help myself.
Cassy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-11, 02:47 PM  
kariev34

Nice one Cassy LOL
kariev34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-11, 12:08 AM  
nubiennelady

I have yet to hear of any phenomenal success stories with Abcentric (which I would need) so that's dis-enabled me
nubiennelady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-11, 08:36 AM  
Pie
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by nubiennelady View Post
I have yet to hear of any phenomenal success stories with Abcentric (which I would need) so that's dis-enabled me
I have Abcentric but haven't done a rotation yet. Maybe soon. I would love to hear success stories too......

Results are not made in the Comfort Zone........ - Mike Karpenko
Pie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-11, 08:53 AM  
momofcha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pie View Post
I have Abcentric but haven't done a rotation yet. Maybe soon. I would love to hear success stories too......
I just got abcentric continuity. While my results with Omni aren't "stellar" I will say, it is the only thing that has attacked my midsection. My abs have been and always will be my weakest link. Since doing Omni my abs are the flattest they have ever been in my life, and I'm getting a more defined waist. I'm pleased with these results. I changed my continuity to ab because that is where I want to continue my focus on.

I'm not doing the program as designed or intended, but I do enjoy the workouts and for what I'm trying to accomplish - it's doing it. I'm still doing kettlebells for my strength and I'm also still doing barre for my lower body/thighs and the combination is working well for me.

"I'm just one workout away from a good mood." ~ Valerie Waters
momofcha is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
tracy anderson, tracy anderson injuries, tracy anderson meta, tracy anderson method, tracy anderson results