Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 07-14-11, 09:04 PM  
kariev34

no results from TA

Ok, I have read sooooo many praises for TA's workouts. There has to be some who aren't singing those praises. Where you at? I like to hear the good and the bad to get the whole picture. Please share if you didn't see any results from TA and you gave it an honest go.
kariev34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-11, 09:10 PM  
moonbeam31

I would like to know too. I am on day 5 of Meta Omni and the scale does not show-any progress yet, but I feel more pulled in and tighter. I had good results with MAT last summer and went down a pant size doing it just 3 times a week for a month. I am hoping for even better results with Omni beacuse of all the lower body work on all fours that really engage your core and upper body as you are working your legs/butt.
moonbeam31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-11, 09:12 PM  
neatski

Just expressing my for Kariev for posting this kind of topic. I like disenabling threads way more than enabling ones!

The most effective workout is the one you're not doing right now!

neatski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-11, 10:29 PM  
vplan

Quote:
Originally Posted by moonbeam31 View Post
I would like to know too. I am on day 5 of Meta Omni and the scale does not show-any progress yet, but I feel more pulled in and tighter. I had good results with MAT last summer and went down a pant size doing it just 3 times a week for a month. I am hoping for even better results with Omni beacuse of all the lower body work on all fours that really engage your core and upper body as you are working your legs/butt.
my wild guess, you are not following her diet guidelines, this is why no move on scales sorry, could not help it ...
Old 07-14-11, 10:40 PM  
moonbeam31

I am not. I am following W.W. I would starve to death on her's! This is my 5th day on both-I better give myself a week at least, right? I feel like my hips and waist are tighter or more pulled-in, smaller, I guess already though.
moonbeam31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-11, 10:43 PM  
mommyofjoeyp

I did Mat Workout sporadically for around 5 months and then at the beginning of this year I did her bootcamp workout (from her book). Immediately following I started Meta Abcentric. I really love TA workouts and after doing them more consistently (the bootcamp and meta) I did see some amazing results. I didn't have weight to lose but my hips definitely appeared smaller and I was smaller around my ribcage (I seem to have a big ribcage!!). The problem was I got injured doing Meta. If you are able to do Meta without injury then I think you will see great results. For me, I think my issues started with the work on all fours. My wrists couldn't tolerate it so I compensated and ended up really hurting my upper right arm and upper back. My advice to anyone doing TA (or any workout I guess) is to stop if you are feeling pain. I continued to do the workouts through the pain and I paid. I really wish I could do meta though because I did see great results while I was doing it.
mommyofjoeyp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-11, 10:44 PM  
daisysunshine

well if you are feeling pulled in - that's a good thing, right?

...right now you're saying, no i can't do this. you should know by now i don't train that way - Dasha Libin

offering the two tracey mallet dance workouts, pm me.
daisysunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-11, 06:33 AM  
kariev34

neatski: while I have most of TA workouts, I still like to hear disenabling stories. It seems like most praise the method but there has to be some who have done it and didn't see any results.

mommyofjoeyp: your story doesn't count because you had good results LOL. Sorry you got injured. That must be pretty frustrating to start seeing good changes and then no longer being able to do the workouts.
kariev34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-11, 06:42 AM  
2ndgen

To chime in, I am not a TA fan, as I have stated on this board before. In the past I had some of her DVDs and her book just because I collect this stuff and I have used her workouts and find that they are somewhat like Callanetics and kind of nice for working the deeper layers of muscle and contributing just a bit to my overall goal of fitness because one at least is moving.

I do not seek "results" that involve being teeny tiny, which I have heard about on the internet from TA workouts.

That said, I have also read the book, think she is interesting but her eating plan is just very low calorie eating, which is not new as folks have been starving to lose weight for centuries.

So as to results one would get results from that eating plan but no I have not tried it.
Old 07-15-11, 07:49 AM  
CindyC923

feeling better using TA

Hi,

I'm only day 3 or 4 of Meta Hip and before that using 3 of her
webisodes, abs, arms and butt thigh for about 1 week. So I don't see any visible results but did not expect to this early, my body is slow to change.
I do feel my abs "pulling in" especially the lower area which I love and my butt and thighs feels well worked and moderate sorness after the workouts. What I don't have is pain and tightness in any of my muscles and I really push myself in her workouts. So for me, it is time well spent working out with TA. Time will tell on the results. I am giving it at least a month of commitment. I am still learning her cardio.

Cindy

Quote:
Originally Posted by kariev34 View Post
Ok, I have read sooooo many praises for TA's workouts. There has to be some who aren't singing those praises. Where you at? I like to hear the good and the bad to get the whole picture. Please share if you didn't see any results from TA and you gave it an honest go.
CindyC923 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
tracy anderson, tracy anderson injuries, tracy anderson meta, tracy anderson method, tracy anderson results