Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-06-20, 08:52 PM  
monterey vidiot
VF Supporter

Lynn, funny about the howling. I've read the Arkady Renko mystery novels by Martin Cruz Smith. Renko is a Moscow inspector. In some of the older adventures, he recounts tales of his late father, who was Stalin's favorite general; he conducted the troops in howling.

I had a brief migraine yesterday. It didn't last long & wasn't painful, just an aura. But today it's slightly like being hung over. I'm sure fellow sufferers know what I mean. I'm just going to do a longer stretch at bedtime. Later: nope, this will be a rest day. Just had another migraine. The last one before yesterday was back in July, but I do recall other times when I had 2 days in a row.

Then, when else, today a plumbing problem: the drain/sewer line from the washing machine backed up. Not a big flood, but it was after plumber's hours. I left a message with the answering service and hope to get a plumber out here tomorrow.

Diana, hoping you find that paperwork.
monterey vidiot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-20, 09:35 PM  
Diana3271

Hi Everyone!

I did find the paperwork, but . . .

We had a horrible day at work! The guys put the stuff back in my office. But they were not the same guys as who packed it up. I wished I had boxed everything up. It's a disaster. For some reason, I cannot get my DH's phone to work on line 2. I have been able to get all the other computers, phones, copiers/printers working. They took the drawers out of the desks and the drawers don't work completely right. It looked like one of the file cabinets was stored upside down. On top of that, my DH noticed that there is a water leak in the men's restroom. A pipe in the wall must be leaking. The walls were just painted. Now we have to deal with this again. It's not a flood like what happened in February, though.

I am just so tired and over everything. I am feeling beat down.

No workout to report.

Have a Blessed evening and stay healthy.

You can fight it, or do what you've got to do to get it done. The choice is yours. ~Diana

You have the rest of your life to get old. Stay young, as long as you can. ~Diana

10 Pound Slimdown Xtreme Graduate 02/12
Insanity Graduate - I actually survived!
LM Combat 02/13
21 Day Fix Survivor! 6/14

Diana
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-20, 07:02 AM  
Diana3271

Good Morning, Everyone!

Last night: Basic stretches
This morning: Oxycise

Have a Blessed day and stay healthy!

You can fight it, or do what you've got to do to get it done. The choice is yours. ~Diana

You have the rest of your life to get old. Stay young, as long as you can. ~Diana

LM Combat 02/13

Diana
Old 04-07-20, 02:27 PM  
lynnf

Lauren Brooks shut up and train 5 and 10 min barre 3

Diana, that all sounds terrible and so frustrating. I don't blame you for feeling really beaten down. But you sound like you got your spirits up today, so hopefully you will get things resolved soon.

Cynthia, hope you are feeling better. I know how a migraine can just exhaust you. Even a piece of one. Not to mention a plumbing problem on top of that.

Hoping everyone else is doing ok. I ventured to the grocery store, which is always hard, because I try to hold my breath the whole time, which doesn't actually work. Am going to rest and later start in with beginning to cook for Passover. And clean some more.
lynnf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-20, 07:51 PM  
monterey vidiot
VF Supporter

Today, I had just a regular headache for a while. Definitely taking a rest day after that one-two punch.

Things went okay for me today. Phone call from PG&E, the notorious power company (the corporation pled guilty to involuntary manslaughter recently -- some of their ill-maintained equipment was at fault for a wildfire not long ago in CA) wanting me to read my own meters. That is, take pictures of the gas and the electric meters, and text them to the erstwhile meter-reader. I'm not adept with the iphone, but I got it done.

My favorite plumbing company took care of the blockage very efficiently for a reasonable fee.

And I don't have to cook tonight since there's leftovers of DD's favorite chicken-broccoli casserole.

Lynn, Passover should be a treat for you with DS there. I've heard tales of getting the house ready for Passover; basically, your ancestors invented spring cleaning.

Diana, (hugs). I hope you get through this with no more snafus.

Cheryl, have you and your DD made a cake lately?
I read an amusing news item. The Prime Minister of New Zealand is a woman (& probably a mom). She issued a statement that the Easter Bunny and the Tooth Fairy are essential workers, but advised the children that due to social distancing, they might not get to everybody.

Hi to Linda.
Old 04-07-20, 09:27 PM  
Diana3271

Hi Everyone!

Cheryl How is your niece?

Thank you so much for the support from all of you. I appreciate it. Yesterday when I started with the office, I looked around and told my DH that I was done. I wasn't going to set everything back up only what was necessary. Today we really started with clearing out the shop. We have a big dumpster out back. We talked with our Attorney and had it put in our lease where we can store our stuff in shipping containers on the property. Hopefully the tenant will approve. That takes the pressure off getting a garage built right now. You can't get much done right now anyways with the virus. Also it will make it easier to get the stuff out of the shop and in the unit since it's right there on the property. My workouts that I use at work were packed away when my office floor was replaced. I haven't found those workouts yet. I doubt that I will be doing a DVD workout in a while. My focus will be on getting my steps in. Today I got 10,000 steps in.

Have a Blessed evening!

LM Combat 02/13

Diana
Old 04-08-20, 07:11 AM  
Diana3271

Good Morning, Everyone!

Last night: Basic stretches
This morning: Oxycise

Have a Blessed day and stay healthy!

LM Combat 02/13

Diana
Old 04-08-20, 07:27 AM  
seabliss

I'm checking in for the last two days--I did the workouts on my rotations and walked a couple of outdoor miles each day. Monday was Total Body Strength (bored easily series) and yesterday was a short cardio workout and a core workout. Didn't like the core workout but I did it anyway for the rotation. I'm just not a fan of all core workouts that are all on the mat.

Diana, sounds like the storage containers will be a good idea and will relieve your stress. You're right about construction right now. We couldn't even get people to show up to give quotes to repair the fence at the back of our property. I hope you find your dvds when things are moved to shipping containers. If you want, I can help you hook up your TV to your laptop/phone/tablet to show online workouts on your TV. Or a $30 Amazon Firestick or Roku stick will do the trick. We had gotten ours for $22 on sale. Both have the Youtube app, and you can find workouts easily.

My niece is doing ok. The other day she had her first real shower and my sister was helping her. She went into convulsions for 5-10 minutes at the end and was staring into space, unresponsive. My sister was holding her up on the edge of the tub and her husband had to break into the room to help. She's ok now. She has a history of fainting and the pain was probably bad. So it's back to sponge baths for a bit.

Lynn, do you have anything you can use for a mask? If you make one with a scarf, that helps. I was told that a double layer of paper towels in your mask stops the virus molecules.

Cynthia, sorry about the headaches. I've been getting migraines too. Don't take ibuprofen right now--DH saw a doctor who had seen evidence that it feeds the virus. Also, we haven't baked in a bit but probably will over the next few days!

My crown fell out of my mouth last night. Of all the times, right?! I had to go to the pharmacy and get some temporary cement. The dentist will reseat it today. Hoping it's not too expensive.

It's a beautiful day--thankful for that! Hope you all have a good day. Glad we can all still connect with each other.

Cheryl
Old 04-08-20, 10:28 AM  
monterey vidiot
VF Supporter

DD's job is in a small, family-owned grocery store. They deliver locally and the orders are up to 80 per day. Starting today, no customers will be in the store. If they're not having groceries delivered, they can place an order by phone, email, or fax, and pick it up curbside. Plus, the employees now have masks. I feel so much better now about sending her to work. She didn't wear any of the bandana masks I gave her.

I feel better today. Back later.

Lynn, I don't know if there's a proper greeting for Passover; have a blessed one.
Old 04-08-20, 01:05 PM  
lynnf

barre 3 30 minutes - a restorative one. For some reason the Passover preparations have been so easy this year, even though we haven't been having our cleaning lady (we have been paying her not to come). Maybe it's just that we have extra time being in quarantine. But my main cooking is done, but for about an hour before the meal stuff. Since the two days of holiday abut the Sabbath it's a three-day deal, so I won't be checking in until Sunday. And that means I had to figure out three days' worth of meals, but I had it worked out like a science and it hardly seemed like that much work. I am pretty organized and have menus and shopping lists from previous years, so I just put them into action and all went well. DH helped with getting out the dishes and pots and putting away all the regular stuff. DS did nothing. I think he is depressed so we are letting him be.

Wishing you all a happy and blessed Easter.

Cynthia, thanks much and glad you are feeling better. Glad your DD is staying safe and that the store is being careful. CA seems to have been really good in keeping the numbers of infected down, which is fantastic.

Diana, sounds like you made some good decisions for your peace of mind. Now is definitely not the time to strive for perfection anyway.

Cheryl, agreed, that all core mat workouts are no fun at all. Good for you in doing it anyway. Sounds like it is rough with your niece. Must be so hard on your sister. I made a mask out of a t-shirt, but really like the idea of putting some paper towel in there. Will definitely add that next time I am at the store. They started having one way in and one way out. I hope they add one-way aisles soon. Now I am going at 7:30 am, which is way less crowded. Glad you found a dentist who is working.
lynnf is offline   Reply With Quote