Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 04-03-20, 08:27 AM  
Diana3271

Good Morning, Everyone! Happy Friday!

This has been a very long week!

My friend, who has the uterine cancer, will have her surgery next Friday.

Cheryl Sounds like a lot of fun.

Last night: Basic stretches
This morning: Oxycise

Have a Blessed day,stay healthy, and have a great start to your weekend!

You can fight it, or do what you've got to do to get it done. The choice is yours. ~Diana

You have the rest of your life to get old. Stay young, as long as you can. ~Diana

10 Pound Slimdown Xtreme Graduate 02/12
Insanity Graduate - I actually survived!
LM Combat 02/13
21 Day Fix Survivor! 6/14

Diana
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-20, 08:29 AM  
Diana3271

Question: Does anyone know where you can get just a plain washable cotton mask? They are talking about implementing this when you go out.

You can fight it, or do what you've got to do to get it done. The choice is yours. ~Diana

You have the rest of your life to get old. Stay young, as long as you can. ~Diana

LM Combat 02/13

Diana
Old 04-03-20, 04:09 PM  
seabliss

Diana, you can tie a scarf around your face if you have nothing else. Also, if you sew, there are some tutorials online for making your own mask. I had to venture out to the store today (after several days of not doing so) and about 1/3 of the people I saw were wearing masks. This was a lot more than I saw last week. I know the federal government is recommending wearing them. DH said he saw a doctor saying that a scarf will definitely help. You just have to be careful with how you remove your scarf or mask after you use it. The CDC has some guidelines for this.

Also, interesting note, my brother, who is a computer guy on a high level, has been collecting a lot of info about the virus. He actually started quarantining his family at the end of January. We all thought he was a little overboard (and still think he is in a lot of ways), but he has a lot of good info from friends who collect this as well. His prediction is that there will be three waves. The government will relax its recommendations a bit at a certain point (prematurely and on purpose) and people will think all is well and go out. Another round of people will catch the virus and some will be hospitalized. Then people will be afraid again and stay home. And so on through one more round, until a lot of people have had it. Unless there is a vaccine or cure, getting it is the only way to build immunity against it. Except, of course, for those who can't handle it. So just be cautious if the restrictions are relaxed. Not trying to stress anyone out--just passing that along!

It's a beautiful day here and I'm taking a Friday rest day. I'll do my rotation workout tomorrow. Enjoy your Friday!

Cheryl
Old 04-03-20, 04:25 PM  
monterey vidiot
VF Supporter

On my FB page is a link to instructions for making a mask from a bandana and hair ties (ponytail holders) -- no sewing! That's my project for this afternoon.

Check-in: Self Bikini Ready Fast, w/ Ellen Barrett.

I got involved w/ cooking, laundry and ironing yesterday and did no exercise.
monterey vidiot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-20, 06:56 PM  
lynnf

Another migraine day, so just 10 minutes barre 3. I made two masks yesterday from a tee shirt from a youtube video sent to me from a guy who makes clothes at a shop I go to. They were a pretty fun project. Here's the link. No sewing machine required.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yYYPMfIXnKc&t=26s

I wore it to the store today and felt a bit weird until I saw all the other people wearing masks. I threw it in the wash after I got back. Since it's t-shirt material it washes up easy.

Off to do some restorative yoga.
lynnf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-20, 09:05 PM  
Diana3271

Hi Everyone!

Thank you for the info about masks. I played with doing the one with a scarf and hair ties.

No workout to report. They will bring the stuff back into my office on Monday. We have a Letter of Intent to lease the shop and we are working on the lease. Actually, I am the hold up. My file cabinets are at the back of the POD and we can't get to them until Monday. We have a tower and a billboard on our property. I need to take those contracts to our Attorney. We are starting to get things going with cleaning out the shop. There is a lot to do and we need prayer! I guess all of this shutdown took place at a good time for us. (The virus is not a good thing, I'm not saying that). Business has tanked and that makes it easy to make these decisions. DH asked what will we do if we close the shop, get things moved and everything falls through. I told him that that means it was not the correct tenant and we were getting it done for the correct one. We just need to have faith that this is the right thing to do. In my mind, I have been working on this for a couple of years. Once we got the phone call from the real estate agent, things just started happening. So we just have to have faith.

Have a Blessed evening and stay healthy!

LM Combat 02/13

Diana
Old 04-03-20, 09:35 PM  
Diana3271

Cheryl Very interesting.

LM Combat 02/13

Diana
Old 04-04-20, 07:02 AM  
Diana3271

Good Morning, Everyone! Happy Weekend!

Cheryl I wanted to add, my friend has a friend in another state, who had an idea back in January about this virus situation. She started stocking up on things back then. I have to admit that I was not following the news very closely back then so maybe I missed something.

Last night: Basic stretches
This morning: Oxycise

Have a Blessed day, stay healthy, and have a great start to your weekend!

LM Combat 02/13

Diana
Old 04-04-20, 10:45 AM  
seabliss

Diana, my brother actually put his family on lockdown at that time!

Please pray for my friend Laura. She lost her father (who had been living with her) a few days ago and her husband this morning to the virus. I can't imagine what she is going through.
Old 04-04-20, 09:11 PM  
Diana3271

Hi Everyone!

Cheryl
I just prayed for Laura.

Check-In: 40 minute outdoor walk

Have a Blessed evening!

LM Combat 02/13

Diana