Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-27-20, 08:07 PM  
monterey vidiot
VF Supporter

Check-in: another new-to-me WW DVD w/ Michelle Dozois. It's called Start Getting Healthy and has sections on Eat well and Move Smart with ther people. The Work out has cardio, dumbbell toning, and Balance and Flexibility. The cardio was old school, just the way I like it. I also did the last chapter, very good. Saved the toning for another time b/c I didn't know how long it was. Knew I wanted to do the last chapter and felt pretty well worked out after the cardio. Timed it later. Breakdown: cardio 20, toning 20, balance/flexibility 15.

Well, I have a chauffeur job now LOL. DD has taken the bus to work, but now the bus company has eliminated a lot of routes, and the ones they kept have been reduced to a Sunday schedule. So if she were going to take the bus to work under the reduced schedule, she would have to get up an hour earlier. It's not hard for me to do: 12 mile round trip and she has to be there at 10:15. And I really think getting enough sleep is important for health. I wasn't thrilled with her taking the bus anyway in this crisis, but she had been refusing my offers to drive. Her beau drives her home.

Today is my half-birthday and I'm baking half a cake. It's from a kid cookbook; 1 layer, so IMHO that's half a cake.
monterey vidiot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-20, 09:03 PM  
Diana3271

HI Everyone!

Cynthia I'm so glad you are able to take your DD to work.

Check-In: 40 minute outdoor walk

Have a Blessed

You can fight it, or do what you've got to do to get it done. The choice is yours. ~Diana

You have the rest of your life to get old. Stay young, as long as you can. ~Diana

10 Pound Slimdown Xtreme Graduate 02/12
Insanity Graduate - I actually survived!
LM Combat 02/13
21 Day Fix Survivor! 6/14

Diana
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-20, 09:25 AM  
Diana3271

Good Morning, Everyone! Happy Weekend!

I just prayed for everyone here as a group. I prayed for your health to remain good and and strength to do what you need to do for improved health during this time.

Last night: Basic stretches
This morning: Oxycise

Have a Blessed day and a great start to your weekend!

You can fight it, or do what you've got to do to get it done. The choice is yours. ~Diana

You have the rest of your life to get old. Stay young, as long as you can. ~Diana

LM Combat 02/13

Diana
Old 03-28-20, 01:35 PM  
monterey vidiot
VF Supporter

Thank you, Diana. Back atcha.
Old 03-28-20, 02:17 PM  
seabliss

Prayed for you all too! To be healthy and also not anxious. Lynn, also praying for your friend.

Today is my recovery day from my rotation. I had an optional yoga/stretching workout, but I'm opting out. I don't want to burn out on the instructors. Also, I cleaned the house and that's tiring enough, especially the vacuuming. And I walked a mile before it got hot.
Old 03-28-20, 02:38 PM  
monterey vidiot
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by seabliss View Post
And I walked a mile before it got hot.
Hot?! well, I don't like hot weather, but I'm still waiting for it to get warm enough so I can enjoy a walk outside. 59* today. Thanks for the prayers, Cheryl. You all are in mine.

I enjoyed my half-birthday cake. Had 2 pieces. DD had a piece with ice cream. This morning I gave it to DD to share at work, to keep me from finishing it. Anyone wants the recipe, just LMK. No egg, no milk; does require white vinegar. A good pantry-ingredient recipe.
Old 03-28-20, 09:39 PM  
Diana3271

Hi Everyone!

Check-In: 50 minute outdoor walk

Have a Blessed evening!

LM Combat 02/13

Diana
Old 03-28-20, 09:53 PM  
monterey vidiot
VF Supporter

Check-in: weighted bar workout from Strong & Smooth Moves, with Karen Voight. I've always liked this one. But when was the last time a workout soundtrack had saxophones LOL.
Old 03-29-20, 09:38 AM  
Diana3271

Good Morning, Everyone!

Last night: Basic stretches
This morning: Oxycise

Have a Blessed day and stay healthy!

LM Combat 02/13

Diana
Old 03-29-20, 01:00 PM  
lynnf

barre 3 30 minutes, yesterday family walk. My friend is out of the ICU, he was negative for the virus, but does have pneumonia. Thanks all for your prayer and keeping you all in mine. The boys are planning window washing!

Cynthia, great that you are driving your DD. Sounds like it will be a great help to her and keep her safe. And glad you enjoyed your cake. DS did some major baking on Friday and we had way too many blondies.

Cheryl, good to get outside, it helps keep calm. And sounds like you are getting into the cleaning the house trend I hear lots of housebound folks are getting into! National trend! We're in this together.

Diana, good to get outside too! How is your your DH doing? Does he walk with you?
lynnf is offline   Reply With Quote