Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-23-20, 09:18 PM  
Diana3271

Hi Everyone!

Lynn That's my understanding, too.

Cynthia That experience during a fall is such a weird feeling.

Check-In: KCM's Lean Body Circuits, Upper w/8's, Lower w/8's, Boxing

Have a Blessed evening!

You can fight it, or do what you've got to do to get it done. The choice is yours. ~Diana

You have the rest of your life to get old. Stay young, as long as you can. ~Diana

10 Pound Slimdown Xtreme Graduate 02/12
Insanity Graduate - I actually survived!
LM Combat 02/13
21 Day Fix Survivor! 6/14

Diana
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-20, 10:44 PM  
monterey vidiot
VF Supporter

Check-in: Total Body Toning chapter of WW Next Moves, w/ Michelle Dozois. Not easy!

It's still cold ans rainy here.
monterey vidiot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-20, 11:07 PM  
seabliss

I started that rotation today, and today's workout was Build a Booty, so lower body. Even though I usually like variety and choice, I think a structured rotation will be good for me right now in these strange, unstructured times.

Diana, sorry about the bruises and the triceps! I know the slo mo thing too. I fell last month pretty hard on my hip. It happened so suddenly, but as I was falling it felt slow. I think that might be the brain scrambling to figure out a way for damage control.

Cynthia, any trip out of the house is a field trip. They're now talking about the negative effects on our society if this continues longer term. We really need to take care of ourselves personally and of our connections with people.

Lynn, it's nice that you had a visit with your neighbors. Ours are fiercely all to themselves, and even more so now.
Old 03-24-20, 07:41 AM  
Diana3271

Good Morning, Everyone!

Last night: Basic stretches
This morning: Oxycise

Have a Blessed day!

You can fight it, or do what you've got to do to get it done. The choice is yours. ~Diana

You have the rest of your life to get old. Stay young, as long as you can. ~Diana

LM Combat 02/13

Diana
Old 03-24-20, 12:35 PM  
lynnf

Skogg Strength 2. This was a hard one.

Cheryl, yes, we need to keep up connections in any way we can. So the people we visited were friends and we walk by their house on our normal walking path. So we called them when we went by and they came out to talk, keeping a good distance away! Still, it was a connection. And when we were out, people are all greeting each other, admittedly from a distance. But it's all important. I am writing people I met in Germany, more in a business context, but just to ask how they are doing, and they seem to appreciate it. One has a wife in Italy, who can't get out. Scary times!
lynnf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-20, 07:16 PM  
Diana3271

Hi Everyone!

Anyone else here taking their temperature daily? I have been checking morning and night.

I would like to ask for prayer for DH. Today we got notice that the company, who is interested in leasing our propery has agreed to our requests. Now I am suppose to send it to my Attorney for him to write the contract. DH kinda freaked out. We have someone getting started on a garage for our house. Everything is shut down so I don't even know about getting permits, etc. But DH has a lot of stuff! He is so stressed out over this now. We are so close to our long term goal but DH can't even see it. He just sees this huge mountain in front of him and can't see a way over it, around it, or anything. Please pray for guidance for him.

Check-In: 40 minute outdoor walk

Have a Blessed evening!

LM Combat 02/13

Diana
Old 03-24-20, 07:20 PM  
seabliss

Checking in with my second rotation workout: Upper Body Strength Workout — Guaranteed Muscle Burnout. I also took a mile walk. I realized I also chose this rotation because I will be stronger in four weeks, and it's sort of my pushback against the impotence of this situation.

Lynn, it's really nice that you got to talk to your neighbors. A couple that we are friends with posted on Facebook that they had happy hour on their street with the neighbors. Everyone sat on lawn chairs and chatted, all at least 15 feet apart. I wish our neighorhood was like that!

Cheryl
Old 03-24-20, 08:13 PM  
monterey vidiot
VF Supporter

Staying at home but talking on the phone or emailing/texting (not all in the same day) -- friends from high school, dancing, singing, work, church.

Cheryl, I hear you about the structure of a planned workout series. That's why I used the Denise book/program while I was waiting to get over bronchitis. Now I'm having fun trying DVDs that have waited around, and revisiting old faves.

Lynn, I hope you find a way to manage working from home.

Diana, it sounds like your DH is frightened of change, which is understandable in these uncertain times. I hope you can manage to do what's best.

Check-in: Ellen's Shine Bright etc. I may trim off a chapter or 2 next time I do it, but it felt good today.

As it happens, I have a spare paperback (I'm keeping the hardcover version) of Denise's Sculpt your body w/ Balls and Bands. Let me know if you'd like it; I could mail it from home with stamps.
monterey vidiot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-20, 07:12 AM  
Diana3271

Good Morning, Everyone!

Last night: Basic stretches
This morning: Oxycise

Have a Blessed day!

LM Combat 02/13

Diana
Old 03-25-20, 07:21 PM  
Diana3271

Hi Everyone!

Check-In: KCM's Lean Body Circuits, upper w/8's, lower w/8s, and boxing and 30 minute outdoor walk

Have a Blessed evening!

LM Combat 02/13

Diana