Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 03-21-20, 04:43 PM  
monterey vidiot
VF Supporter

Check-in: Rodney Yee's Yoga Core Cross Train. I did the second practice, Restorative. Outdoor location, looked like a lot of large rocks, then I noticed blue water. Per the cover art, it was filmed on location in beautiful Lake Powell, AZ. I certainly feel soothed. I've done this one before, but it has been many years. I guess I hadn't been in the mood for something so slow and contemplative. This DVD was the reason I bought a Mexican yoga blanket from amazon. It's the only prop, folded or rolled up in varying ways.
monterey vidiot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-20, 10:27 PM  
Diana3271

Hi Everyone!

Cynthia I will check youtube for a video clip.

I had a very busy day and only just now getting back to my computer.

Check-In: 30 minute outdoor walk

Have a Blessed evening!

You can fight it, or do what you've got to do to get it done. The choice is yours. ~Diana

You have the rest of your life to get old. Stay young, as long as you can. ~Diana

10 Pound Slimdown Xtreme Graduate 02/12
Insanity Graduate - I actually survived!
LM Combat 02/13
21 Day Fix Survivor! 6/14

Diana
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-20, 07:47 AM  
Diana3271

Good Morning, Everyone!

Last night: Basic stretches
This morning: Oxycise

Have a Blessed day!

You can fight it, or do what you've got to do to get it done. The choice is yours. ~Diana

You have the rest of your life to get old. Stay young, as long as you can. ~Diana

LM Combat 02/13

Diana
Old 03-22-20, 11:08 AM  
seabliss

Checking in for yesterday: I did a Fitness Blender Total Body Strength workout and walked a mile outdoors.

Diana, that sounds like a painful fall! I hope you don't stay sore for long.

Cynthia, I have a yoga mix dvd that has a Rodney Yee chapter from his Core Cross Train on it. Maybe I should do that or my Kickbox Core Cross Train, also by Gaiam, today. It has similar lovely scenery.

Lynn, so good that barre3 is working out for you right now!

Fitness Blender had a big sale on four of their rotations. They are only $4.50 right now. I bought the Strength one. I may start that tomorrow. They also have a Low Impact one that I was interested in.
Old 03-22-20, 12:06 PM  
monterey vidiot
VF Supporter

Diana, ouch! I hope your knees are okay. I had missed your post about the fall; read the reference to it in Cheryl's post & went back to find it.
Old 03-22-20, 07:47 PM  
lynnf

barre 3 30 minutes, did a more restorative one. They put up a calming collection, all older,but good to have.

Diana, sorry I missed your mention of your fall also. Sounds hard on the knees for sure.

Cynthia, that sounds like a nice video to do.

Cheryl, it definitely is nice to get some new videos these days, especially at such a good price.
lynnf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-20, 08:04 PM  
Diana3271

Hi Everyone!

I started off with what I call impact bruises on my knees. They have spread out over time and got larger. They still hurt but it's tolerable. What really hurts are my triceps from when I went down on my hands. I don't recall ever falling and my triceps got sore. What was scary was I felt like I was in slow motion as I was going down. I could see the drawers on my DH's desk as I was going down. I am so grateful that I didn't hit my face on the desk or the floor. That would have been awful. My triceps are still sore. Crazy stuff.

We have something called business income loss insurance coverage. We have filed a claim for us not being able to work from the flood at the shop. That is in the works. I did some research to see if it would cover us for the coronavirus. It looks like it only covers if the the income loss comes from something damaging the building (flood, fire, hurricane, etc) and we can't operate.

No workout to report today.

Have a Blessed evening.

LM Combat 02/13

Diana
Old 03-23-20, 07:26 AM  
Diana3271

Good Morning, Everyone!

Last night: Basic stretches
This morning: Oxycise

Have a Blessed day and a great start to your week!

LM Combat 02/13

Diana
Old 03-23-20, 01:42 PM  
monterey vidiot
VF Supporter

Diana, I know exactly what you mean about slow motion during a fall! Probably 20 years ago at work, I was walking down a hallway and tripped over a box of stuff that someone had put here. After my foot stubbed against it, I was parallel to the floor, and flew in slow motion, seeing the cabinets and the pattern of the carpeting.

I didn't get a workout done yesterday, too busy LOL. Due to some strawberries liquefying in a fridge bin, I had quite a fridge-cleaning project. That and the usual chores were enough for one day. Add to the list: disinfecting places that DD touches. They now wear rubber gloves at work, but I have trained her to wash her hands right when she comes home. Then after she leaves for work, I wipe (Lysol spray cleaner and cleaning towels) door knobs, light switches, fridge and cabinet handles, countertops, stove and microwave controls, faucets and more in the bathroom.

I drove her to work today, which I've been offering to do, so she can get more sleep and not take the bus. It was like a field trip for me. I had been wondering if I could drop off stuff at Goodwill, so I drove past there on my way home. Store closed, parking lot entrance blocked; around the back, the big trucks were gone.

Back later.
Old 03-23-20, 08:03 PM  
lynnf

barre 3 30 minutes, and Jane Adams gentle yoga lying on floor practice. I decided to try to do some of the dvds I never did much of, and this was one. Lying on the floor the whole time was pretty fun. We also took a family walk and visited a family outside and across the street from their house. The new normal. They came outside with their babies.

Cynthia, cleaning is a workout! Make sure you leave the Lysol on long enough for it to work (read the directions). Mine needs to stay on 2 minutes to actually disinfect.

Diana, hope your bruises are going down and that you aren't in pain from the fall. I have heard that insurance generally isn't covering the virus.
lynnf is offline   Reply With Quote