Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-17-20, 08:07 PM  
seabliss

Lynn, I was thinking the same thing--we vidiots are perfectly set up to not lose any fitness!

Today I did four Blogilates workouts: three leg and one butt. One of the leg workouts was put up seven years ago and was from another source--a fitness website. It's interesting to do old workouts from our instructors.

Glad for the financial considerations we are getting from the government. They'll help a lot of people get through this time.

Cheryl
Old 03-17-20, 08:34 PM  
monterey vidiot
VF Supporter

Eek: first 2 cases confirmed in Monterey County. Now it's not voluntary self-isolation. it's a shelter in place order from the county health officer. Grocery stores are essential, so DD will keep working.
monterey vidiot is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-20, 09:52 PM  
Diana3271

Hi Everyone!

No workout to report

Have a Blessed evening!

You can fight it, or do what you've got to do to get it done. The choice is yours. ~Diana

You have the rest of your life to get old. Stay young, as long as you can. ~Diana

10 Pound Slimdown Xtreme Graduate 02/12
Insanity Graduate - I actually survived!
LM Combat 02/13
21 Day Fix Survivor! 6/14

Diana
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-20, 07:38 AM  
Diana3271

Good Morning, Everyone!

Last night: Basic stretches
This morning: Oxycise

Have a Blessed day!

You can fight it, or do what you've got to do to get it done. The choice is yours. ~Diana

You have the rest of your life to get old. Stay young, as long as you can. ~Diana

LM Combat 02/13

Diana
Old 03-18-20, 03:16 PM  
monterey vidiot
VF Supporter

Weather in the low 50*s and cloudy No walk today. I'm going to find an exercise DVD that was filmed on a beach. Back later.

Reading other people's posts in Corona Time on the GD made me realize how easy Shelter in Place (house arrest) is for me. No one here needs schoolwork, I don't have to work, I have a comfortable retirement pension, and DD works in a grocery store. I can shop online for household supplies (Downy unscented fabric softener is a must for me) to be delivered. Counting these blessings.

Later: 18 months, yikes. I'm going to put my dance outfits into a garage bin. Free u some closet space.

Ellen Barrett's Slim & Sleek Fast, with rolling ocean waves, was just what I waned today.
Old 03-18-20, 05:53 PM  
lynnf

Lauren Brooks Shut up and Train 4, plus barre 32 30 minutes (one of their more traditional weight training ones -- I am accepting these for weight days), and Jessica gentle Yoga neck and shoulders. Just ordered some more Jessica stretch, yoga and fusion videos. I think I will need them as my yoga classes are cancelled.

Cynthia, that must be a really old Ellen, since I think I know all the Ellens and don't know that one. I might also stream Ellen. We had our first case in our town -- one of the kids coming back from college in New York, sorry to say. So more things closing down. Things have not been too bad for us because the University keeps us on and we just move online. We just had a meeting via Zoom and learned many of us were in the building, we just didn't know it! We all just come into our offices, wipe them down and don't come out. We told our cleaning lady not to come, but that we would pay her anyway. She kept saying she would come anyway, and didn't see what the problem would be and to let her know if we changed our mind.
lynnf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-20, 06:59 PM  
monterey vidiot
VF Supporter

Lynn, yes, my Ellen du jour pre-dates her studio series (I think) and is from 2005. It was put out by Self Magazine. Also she did Self Bikini Ready Fast.
Old 03-18-20, 08:29 PM  
Diana3271

Hi Everyone!

I have gotten emails from various stores in town and they are all closed as well as the mall. We won't have church service again until April 5.

Check-In: KCM's Lean Body Circuits, combined workouts

Have a Blessed evening!

LM Combat 02/13

Diana
Old 03-18-20, 09:37 PM  
seabliss

Today I did Bodyfit by Amy's Low Impact HIIT and took a mile walk outdoors. It's good to be outside when you can't go anywhere. This is surreal. I feel like I fell into a dystopian scifi movie. Thankful we are all healthy, and I love the artistic expressions and gifts online. For example, DD is learning some drawing techniques from one of her favorite kids' authors, who is posting a video live every day. And then there are all the concerts.

Today is DH's birthday. DD and I decorated the house, wrapped some presents, and made a cake. We altered a yellow cake mix with peaches, and I mixed peach preserves into cream cheese frosting. Served with ice cream and cool whip, which DH loves for some reason and I never buy. DH loved it and our other touches.

Lynn, I agree with your thoughts that this is just the beginning of this type of thing. DH and I are musing about how the world and our behaviors/way of life will change, triggered by this.

Cynthia, it is good to see all the positives and have things to be thankful for.

Diana, are you doing alright? Are you worried about business or your DH?

My sister's daughter had her second surgery yesterday. She came out with a lot of pain. She's finally home and glad to be out of the hospital and not having to move. Hoping she heals quickly!

Cheryl
Old 03-19-20, 07:21 AM  
Diana3271

Good Morning, Everyone!

Cheryl Happy Birthday to your DH. That sounds like a wonderful birthday for him. Our business has been slow since we got back from Christmas/first of the year. But it really tanked last week, when all of this virus stuff came about. Depending on how things go, I am considering applying for unemployment. Neither of us have ever applied for unemployment. We'll see how it goes.

Last night: Basic stretches
This morning: Oxycise

Have a Blessed day!

LM Combat 02/13

Diana