Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-26-19, 04:43 PM  
AnMrsDe

Arrow Just The Workouts~JANUARY 2020~*Everyone Welcome!*

JANUARY 2020 Seems so weird to type that! Wishing everyone a very profitable month with a clean slate to the start of a new year!

I may be taking a recovery week this first week...last one was in June! I noticed I only took 2 complete rest days in December and I've been noticing lately that I need more recovery time. Plus, hopefully, I'll be feeling better when I return to my workouts!

1- Rest
2- 1 Hour Yard Work (front yard)
3- Level Up (LU) Flexibility; Loving Kindness meditation (8 out of 10 min...Record!);1 Hour Yard Work (back yard) Loved Flexibility! Bird of Paradise; 1 legged balance work; "celibacy pose" which I never experienced in a practice; and loved all the flows! Travis had a lot of words of wisdom in this one: "Know that you're perfect already" when getting discouraged within a pose (sounded a lot like Tilak's phrase). Enjoyed this one!!! Doing yard work these past two days really pushed things for me...still lots of wheezing in my chest and any little cardio effort and I am drained! This stuff is awful and hangs on like glue!!! :/
4- XT (w/u); Beast Body Build Back/Bi's; PHA3 Bonus Ab Stacker; Extended Lying Stretch Feeling maybe a TAD better, but I felt I needed a good workout today....and that it was! Beast made me feel strong even though I wasn't using my heaviest weights. Still working on getting back up to par, (I only had 3 coughing attacks today!) and I want to be 'there' in order to give PHA3 a go. But thought I'd at least try the Ab Stacker w/o and the stretch. Really liked both! I don't have risers, so I was looking around my w/o area for subs for things that were basically the same weight....ha, there they were! I used 4 of my workout notebooks that were the same size. I arranged them so each one was facing a different direction so they stacked nicely on top of each other. It worked great!!! I was shocked at how well it worked! The exercise where the risers are beside you and you're placing them to your other side while you are lifting your feet off the ground, the notebooks got kind of messy, LOL, but the theory worked just fine. This is really a creative idea and it does take your mind off the core work. Not the hardest core work for Cathe, but it was fine for me still recovering. Loved the stretch! I see myself doing that one a lot....loved those wrist exercises at the end for all these LU practices in which I am in DDog a lot. Well, I found 2 workouts that are good so far on this dvd! Can't wait to do the main workout!!!!!

5- LU Gentle; Hard Core Gentle was nice, but I prefer UY or Yoga30for30 Gentle, as he doesn’t include supported bridge or as much mat work in LU. HC is very similar to Yoga30for30 HC but will be great for another fantastic core challenge (without an echo or as much instruction, as it is a voice-over).
6- My w/u; Beast Build Shoulders; ICE Muscle Meltdown-Shoulders; stretch Great workout! I subbed the upright rows and shrugs with pull downs @35# and varying hand placements. ICE was a great finisher. I had time to do all 3 sets today. Feeling it already! (Also feeling the core work from yesterday!).
7- Jessica Smith WS3 Boogie IT; PHA3 (Extended Lying Stretch) JS's workout was so fun today! Don't know why I waited practically 2 years to do it again!!! Side note: Went to Target and bought a BOSU! Dang it, I just had to as it was on sale!) Signed up for the 7 day trial of Romney Studios... these classes look great!!! (And love the fact that they are LOW IMPACT!)
8- Romney Studios Pulse 11/28; Yvette Bachman Bosu Class Portion; Stretch I am feeling somewhat better today but this was good, as it is all low impact with no cardio. RSP is a 52 min. total body workout with lots of quick reps...the instructor seems knowledgeable and cues pretty well. I love how the reps match the music beat. She starts off with upper body (I used 2#'s and 3#'s; she doesn't mention the #), and she does kind of go fast...in some spots, I had to go slower esp. w/ the 3# weights. The w/u and arm segments are about 15 min., then she goes onto leg disc work (and I think she skips the leg move to the diagonal behind on the 2nd leg). But just when you think you can't do another rep, she changes it up. There's 2 guys in this class...if they can do this, I can too! (They did great, btw). The floor work leg lifts got tedious for me, I was so glad to get off my wrists. Finishes with easier ab work (which I was glad it was easier). These might present a dread factor for me if done too often (and they are more barre-like than I would like, but not AS barre-like as most. Very similar to TA but with fewer reps). Burn city, though! Yvette's class was basically 10 min. after the long w/u (which I skipped) and this was perfect for getting a feel of the Bosu. She does some cardio exercises with it as well as toning exercises with it upside down but mostly for putting your hands on it...can't imagine standing on that thing upside down! Broken ankle, I don't need! Will have to try a longer Yvette using it....I miss Yvette! BTW, the Bosu stores very nicely underneath my rebounder....so it doesn't take up any additional space! Love that!
9- Romney Studios Bosu 11/20; PHA3 Extended Lying Stretch This one I really enjoyed!! It is all standing work using the Bosu, on its' right side as well as upside down. It just will take some practice balancing on the Bosu..I did better than I thought I would overall. Of course, I had my JS handle right next to me so I could grab it just in case! But the 1 legged balance work w/ it upside down I found to be the hardest. And my "fast feet" were pretty lame, LOL. I started out the workout with the Bosu right side up (while she instructs with it upside down)...but then 1/2 way thru, I turned it upside down and did pretty good. She inserts some j. jacks (on the floor) but I just did jumping variations on my rebounder. I can't believe how high my HR gets using the Bosu!! At the end, I thought I was working out with Yvette, since she takes a break and thought yay, we're done! But no....she keeps on going!! :/ And that last 5 min. or so of one legged exercises....what a leg burner!!!!!! But the video cuts off and the class is shown getting on their ankle weights....how glad was I that it cuts off?? (very!) I added on Cathe's stretch as there is no stretch whatsoever... (This was a great sub for Beast Build Legs, as the legs got worked like no other lower body workout that I've done lately)!!! Not sure I'll like the other Bosu workouts as well since most include floor work on hands/knees (I think). But this one ROCKS!!! 426 cal burn!
10- Rest day
11- Cathe Live Awesome Upper Body Live #229; LU Upper Body Yin This one IS awesome, albeit the pace is a tad too fast to go awful heavy (esp. in the beginning). Like last time I did it, it reminds me of LITE SBSS UB....too fast paced (at times) and tricep dips right out of the gate. Not sure I like doing tricep dips right out of the gate! ;0) And, if that's not bad enough, I noted that I need more of a warm up with this one, as Cathe's is too short and my triceps felt it right away. Those isolation moves to fully burn out each muscle group is taxing and they add up after 2 sets. They are grouped in this order: Chest/tri's; shoulders; back/bi's. I used 5's to 25#. This is a great one to get in/out in 40 min. but Cathe does seem to slow down a bit as the w/o progresses, or she takes more water breaks. LU UB Yin was perfect to stretch out my UB muscles. It is 20 min of standing stretches; 10 min. of mat stretches; one standing stretch was awkward for me but I love the 'Cat Pulling Tail Pose' (and grabbing my front toes as well) which is included in the mat work. That felt great. Not sure how often I will do a 30 min. UB stretch but it definitely felt good today after all of Cathe's reps!

12- Still super sore (esp. in triceps from yesterday's workout...I'm sure it's b/c of the lame w/u. Shovel Max (40 min) DS helped me with scraping the 2" of snow...in exchange, lunch for him. :0) We DID luck out with the snow amount, thankfully.
13- Yvette Bachman BOSU Cardio w/ Legs & Back Circuits; Michelle's Yin Yoga This one is hard but it ROCKS!! This class is mostly cardio using the bosu but she does some heavy back work also. I was about a beat behind as I learn using the Bosu in so many (cool!) ways. Loved the cardio exercises she does using it..Yvette has it upright for all until the end where she turns it upside down and does a squat thrust with your hands on it then picks it up, etc. THAT I can handle, LOL! I'm still not comfortable jumping up onto it and off with both feet, though....one at a time for me. And be forewarned: this one has TONS, and I mean, TONS of squats (both on and off the Bosu--lots of holding squats while balancing). LEG BURNER?!!?!!?!!?!!? I could hardly walk up the stairs after I was done! So legs and shoulders got crossed off my list for the week! (The music is mostly background music now -- until the very end there was one recognizable song)...but that is ok with me...I'm used to that with Cathe Live.
14- 1 Hour Yard Work Where do all these %&#@^%$ leaves come from???
15- S&S TBGS (w/u); Beast Bulk Chest; ICE Muscle Meltdown (Triceps-3 Rounds); stretch Great workout...I worked to failure on quite a few sets (esp. the MM Triceps since my arms were already fatigued). Feeling it the rest of the day.
16- YT 20 Min BOSU Ball//Fat Burning Tabata Workout (Puzzle Fit); Yoga30For30 (Intention) LOVED this Bosu workout when wanting a short but kick-butt class and really liked the instructor! She works you!! Format is :20/:10, playing my own music, as there is none...Loved the moves and modified a couple but kept up my HR doing my own thing. Yvette even makes a comment to this instructor! :0) I bookmarked her site. So nice to revisit Intention...love that class so much! Travis and Lauren take turns instructing....I miss Lauren in LU! 346 cal burn today!
17- Yoga30For30 (Fluidity) A big pat on my back for doing this at 4:00 pm! If I don't do my w/o in the morning first thing, it usually doesn't get done.//I just got home from watching 9 babies at church this morning and stopping at 4 places for errands before the snow started. Ugh....a repeat of last weekend with the snow/ice storms!! Shovel Max in my future??
18- Yup! Shovel Max (45 min.); ICE CLBB (w/u); Beast Bulk Shoulders; ICE Muscle Meltdown (CLBB Shoulders--3 Rounds); Icy Core 2; CLBB (Stretch) Shovel Max at 6:30 a.m....great warm up for all to come....but that was the toughest workout for me today! Very heavy snow/ice mix....my back is a little tender now. But once I got going with Beast, I was on a roll! :0) I used my Bosu Pods for the plank work today - I am so glad I got them----it really does make it easier on my wrists/elbows!!! Thanks again, fanofladyvols!!!!! Yes, I am easily enabled! GREAT shoulder workout today - 349 cal when all said and done (w/o Shovel Max, that is).

19- Short & Sweet #1; LU Meditation (Presence)
20- Step Boss PHA 3 Well, I'm not sure how to explain this, but to me, there's just something missing about this workout. Yes, it works you well and yes, your HR is up for most of the workout, but it seems to lack something. I think it is the FUN factor that the Lives have. And, I wasn't too keen on all the lower body moves that were harder on my knees. I did use a higher step than just a topper so maybe that had something to do with it. I did the rear slide lunges on the floor cause my hips drastically complained using the step. For the front/rear lunges, I used my Bosu for the front lunge which felt wonderful for my knee. I didn't like the squat thrust/plank p/u combo...I just did thrusts for the first set and p/u's for the second set. And also didn't like the p/u/dip challenge...I did just chest presses for the 2nd set...a 6,6,6,10 (?) rep pattern using 15's. (I didn't like her exercises for triceps, which are very few, btw). I used 5's (sh raises); 12's, 15's and 20's (D/L's) for all. I couldn't hear the music (which is a GOOD thing until the stretch....how annoying is that music for a stretch??). Oh, and my HR was only in the FB percentage for 16 min. of the 54 min.???? That said, I burned 360 cal which isn't too shabby for a weight workout w/ no cardio. Maybe this w/o will grow on me but this first time, I can't say I really loved it even though I had higher hopes for it. The PHA Lives are just too hard to top!!!! Wow, re-reading all this, it sounds so negative! I did like it, just didn't love it.
21- DYP Twists (15 min.); Michelle's Yin Yoga Started Vytas' class and just wasn't feeling it fresh out of bed. With Michelle's, I get to lay on my back for the whole thing. Side note: my booty is so sore today!! Gotta LOVE that about PHA3!
22- Yvette Bachman Moderate Impact BOSU & KB workout; add'l stretch Loved this one - it is SUPER FUN!! I loved the cardio moves using the BOSU and I am using two feet more often than not when jumping on/off it. (I figured out the trick...it is easier on my knees to jump below the center of it as opposed to jumping on the top of the thing!). :0) My HR was soaring throughout most of the workout...I used a 15 and a 10# KB like Yvette, but I did use a 25# KB for a modification doing a sumo squat in place of those wonky KB turning moves for the wrists. Also, another move I had issues with...doing a rear curtsy lunge while holding a 15# KB and twisting to your hip. I learned the hard way a long time ago, that that move was not a match for my lower back. Easy to change up...I just held the KB at my side. And, last but not least, Yvette does the sitting on the BOSU then coming up into a standing squat five hundred times(!)....yowsa!!! She must love that move cause that was in the other Bosu workout I did the other day! 436+ calories... this one is FABULOUS for endurance!!!! Slowly but surely, my endurance level is getting back to what it was before all this sinus/coughing crap. Thanks, Jane, for pointing this one out to me. And I'm finding out I really LOVE using the Bosu...FUN STUFF!!! And they are AWESOME total body workouts - at least Yvette's sure are!
23- My w/u; Zumba Strong (Q1); LU Vitality; Shovel Max (more like Scraping Mix=25 min.) Great fun with Zumba today---and a nice warm up for Vitality...Love that Arm Camel Pose (which is camel only you're twisting and putting your hand on your opposite heel with your other hand outstretched in a twist). <3
24- Shovel Max (60 min. total at my parents and my house) That was heavy snow mixed with ice. And more snow to come tonite! (Insert Mr. Rolley- Eyes emoticon here)
25- PHA3 (w/u); Beast Total Body; PHA3 (Ab Stacker; Extended Lying Stretch) Feeling strong today (must be all the shoveling this week!), and could up my weights on a few (if not the first set, I did on the 2nd set). 50# for the DL's & calf raises; still working up to the 17.5's for the incline presses (stuck at 15's) and for the alternating reverse lunges, I did curtsy lunges with 20#'s for a change from basic rear lunges. I used my Bosu pod for the side forearm planks...my elbows love 'em! :0) Practically during this whole Beast w/o (38 min of it anyway), I was in the Fat Burning mode....now we're talking! Tried the Ab Stacker core workout again using my notebooks (see above when I did this previously). Works great! The ELS is really a great stretch. Of course, I had all the music muted from the start since playing Beast. Feeling great now while drinking my protein shake! Great workouts this week with focus on Total Body!! :0) :0)

26- Heather Robertson Crazy Full Body HiiT Workout//No Repeats//No Equipment (50 min.); Yvette Bachman 20 min. Cardio & Leg workout (sans Ankle Weights); Stretch Heather's workout was really good - not crazy good, LOL, but good. If I would've previewed the whole thing, I probably would've picked another class...I didn't realize it had so much core work in it. (My core is really sore from yesterday!) I did, however, use more equipment than she did...I used my Bosu to lie back on for sit ups, front lunges, and my Bosu pods for side plank work. Also I used my rebounder for a couple exercises as well as my step to put my hands on for burpee type work. It's allllll good. :0) I wanted a little more cardio and did Yvette's (sunny, by the pool, with a very tanned Yvette!), workout. Ahhh, it made me want to be there, esp. with all this cloudy, dreary weather lately. That helped me reach 400+ cal. Side note: It's going to be hit or miss during my weeks starting tomorrow, as I am watching a baby in my home one to two times a week all day....interesting how I will fit in my workouts!!But I'm going to try my darndest!
27- LU Cross Training First day of watching the 3 month old baby....what a sweetie! I forgot how much they sleep/eat at this age!! I thought I could do yoga in my family room (upstairs) and just stop it when I have to attend to her then continue on where I paused it. But she slept right up to the shavasana at 60 min.!!! <3 I also got 4 loads of laundry done and even a shower/dried hair (during another nap)!! :0) It is a lot of fun but 9 hours is a lot different than my usual 2.5 hours a morning taking care of babies on the other days!!! I am reminded I'm not 30, haha. Still, I will enjoy this once or twice a week. During winter this isn't much of an added chore, but when yard work starts again...hmmm...will be challenging to get everything done, I bet! I may have to have an alternative mindset on how nice my yard needs to look!! Haha :0{
28- Yoga30For30 (Gentle) This is all I felt like doing after a chaotic morning at church and running errands all day. (We had to combine the (3) 8 months-18 month kiddos with the (4) 2 year olds due to being short on help)! Those 2 1/2 hours were way more tiring than my 9 hour day yesterday!! I think I earned my pay today, LOL. Just wanted to do a nice, relaxing practice to soothe my anxiety....haha.
29- Cathe Live Metabolic Boot Camp #263 (45 min.) FUN! I needed a good cal burn and this delivered - 346 cal! The 5 rounds just sail right by....and every muscle group gets worked (some heavier than others, ahem, shoulders! but I didn't mind today. Lots of fun and I went heavier than Cathe on quite a few exercises. It was errand day for my parents (taking them to an appt. then shopping...3.5 hours). Can't wait to relax on the couch tonight and watch This is Us (which we recorded!).
30- 3.25 mile TM intervals; PHA 3 Ext. Lying Stretch As much as I dread the TM, I had endorphins all day long after this workout! 3.7-7.0 mph with 1-10 inclines. Great to revisit the dreadmill!
31- Rest day

Since 12/1 thru 1/31, I lost 8#! How that happened during the holidays I have no idea but I will take it, and HOW!! LOL But more to go of what I put back on after the wedding!! :/
AnMrsDe is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
just the workouts