Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-22-16, 12:24 PM  
kelsey211
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pratima View Post
When I stream it online, it rotates automatically. And I had several programs on my old laptop but guess I haven't put them on this one yet! Which program is your favorite (general question directed at anyone)?
I don't know the programs that Barb S uses but I've always heard that VLC takes up less computer resources so it should be friendlier to your old laptop. Try playing the video with VLC and rotate the video, following the instructions in the above link that I posted.

Handbrake takes alot of computer resources since you are re-encoding and creating a new video file.

If you don't have VLC media player, you can download it from CNET.com

32 bit version of VLC
http://download.cnet.com/VLC-Media-P...-10267151.html

64 bit version of VLC
http://download.cnet.com/VLC-Media-P...-75761094.html
Old 06-22-16, 12:25 PM  
horsemom2

I added a few more links to my original post which may still be active.

Barb S
horsemom2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-16, 12:27 PM  
horsemom2

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelsey211 View Post
I don't know the programs that Barb S uses but I've always heard that VLC takes up less computer resources so it should be friendlier to your old laptop. Try playing the video with VLC and rotate the video, following the instructions in the above link that I posted.

Handbrake takes alot of computer resources since you are re-encoding and creating a new video file.

If you don't have VLC media player, you can download it from CNET.com
Better to download right from VLC!
http://www.videolan.org/vlc/index.html

Handbrake too
https://handbrake.fr/

you can choose the appropriate file for your operating system or platform
(Windows or MAC)
Old 06-22-16, 12:55 PM  
kelsey211
VF Supporter

Barb S, have you noticed that the last few weeks, they have had problems with producing a complete video? The download file has either been incomplete or in sections. If I can figure out the start time of their Periscope workout, I can screen capture the live stream. But the recording of the class is not consistently at the same time.
Old 06-22-16, 03:27 PM  
horsemom2

Quote:
Barb S, have you noticed that the last few weeks, they have had problems with producing a complete video? The download file has either been incomplete or in sections. If I can figure out the start time of their Periscope workout, I can screen capture the live stream. But the recording of the class is not consistently at the same time.
They keep changing the start time and once even streamed on a Sunday instead of a Saturday unannounced. Also They have not been announcing the start time like they used to the day before.
It seems like every week, there are problems. Week before last they must have shut the camera off completely for a short time then forgot to restart the stream on Periscope after restarting the camera. These Periscope streams were experimental to get prepared for streaming from their website. However it seems like they were having tech problems every week. Once I did capture the live stream but the stream shut off before it ended and my capture would not restart. Still got a few minutes that never appeared on the PeriscopeDown TS file or the Firefox Download Helper mp4 file.

Hopefully they will not be charging for streams that are loaded with glitches.
Old 06-23-16, 11:16 PM  
holliholli915

Quote:
Originally Posted by horsemom2 View Post
They keep changing the start time and once even streamed on a Sunday instead of a Saturday unannounced. Also They have not been announcing the start time like they used to the day before.
It seems like every week, there are problems. Week before last they must have shut the camera off completely for a short time then forgot to restart the stream on Periscope after restarting the camera. These Periscope streams were experimental to get prepared for streaming from their website. However it seems like they were having tech problems every week. Once I did capture the live stream but the stream shut off before it ended and my capture would not restart. Still got a few minutes that never appeared on the PeriscopeDown TS file or the Firefox Download Helper mp4 file.

Hopefully they will not be charging for streams that are loaded with glitches.
I LOVE KP DanceBody and Katia! While there is no cueing, she pretty much always follows the format of doing moves 2 or 4 times before moving on which, for me, is unlike TA which is way more random. While I enjoy TA MS, I just can't put myself through her cardio. But, KPDB is very dance inspired and is somewhat intuitive since it is so well matched to the music/beat. Once you've done her workouts for a while, it's interesting how you start to anticipate her moves and choreo.

I've been following them since day one on Periscope which is just genius! I haven't noticed as many glitches, maybe just one a couple of weeks ago. But, that could have to do with browsers and connections which are always interesting on Periscope.

Also, it may help to follow them on IG because they post the schedule without fail each week and always the day before. For the session that ran on Sunday, they actually notified us all on Friday. I think they had a photo shoot that Saturday which is why they had to Periscope the Sunday class. But, IG may be a better option for updates and notifications.

I'm very much looking forward to her streaming as a viable DC option and can't wait for it's launch! So happy she's even offering her classes for FREE via the Scope. I, too, hope she continues!
holliholli915 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-16, 05:01 AM  
horsemom2

Official Launch date is 6/27!

https://www.instagram.com/kpdancebody/

2 classes scheduled for 6/25 on Periscope and FaceBook Live
9:30am Cardio
10:45am Sculpt
Old 06-25-16, 10:54 PM  
kelsey211
VF Supporter

Friday night, KPDancebody gave away 2 weeks of free streaming to the first 100 persons who sent them an email. I didn't think I would get it but I did get the first 2 weeks free.

Their streaming pricing is pretty pricey but I'm not surprised since she's located in NYC and she is looking at what the competition charges. But she is still less than Anna Kaiser and alot less than Tracy A. Katia is promising a lot of content and new workouts on a regular basis. Content will include live classes as well as one on one instructionals and workouts from an instructor. Also the videos will stay on the website.

This Saturday's Periscope consisted of 2 classes: cardio and sculpt. The sculpt looked particularly good. Unfortunately it is also the last Periscope since the streaming starts Monday.
Old 06-26-16, 05:54 AM  
horsemom2

I had contacted them to ask for permission to post my Periscope files publicly on my blog and was offered the first month free in exchange for helping to promote the Periscope classes but not sharing them publicly on my blog.
ETA: I only got the 2 weeks free but plan to revisit a week in a few months for new content.

I believe her prices are fair (less than Alchemy!) but since I use mostly use dvd and do not *stream* when working out, I may just use the one week offer now and then for a change of pace. Hopefully, I can download the upright cardio and sculpting I want to burn for bouncing since I do not do any floor/mat.

However, this is a great alternative for those who stream and love getting down on the floor.

Barb S
Old 06-26-16, 07:10 AM  
readcookrun

Quote:
Friday night, KPDancebody gave away 2 weeks of free streaming to the first 100 persons who sent them an email. I didn't think I would get it but I did get the first 2 weeks free.

Their streaming pricing is pretty pricey but I'm not surprised since she's located in NYC and she is looking at what the competition charges. But she is still less than Anna Kaiser and alot less than Tracy A. Katia is promising a lot of content and new workouts on a regular basis. Content will include live classes as well as one on one instructionals and workouts from an instructor. Also the videos will stay on the website.

This Saturday's Periscope consisted of 2 classes: cardio and sculpt. The sculpt looked particularly good. Unfortunately it is also the last Periscope since the streaming starts Monday.
Is there a website that has their streaming information? I went to dancebody.com and couldn't find anything about pricing and how to sign up.

TIA!
readcookrun is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
katia pryce, kpdancebody