Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-07-16, 07:21 AM  
andtckrtoo

I'd like to see a TRUE Kettlebell Kickboxing series. 2 days exclusively kettlebell - no burpees!! 2 days exclusively low advanced kickboxing using martial arts form. And 2 days of an interval workout with one move being kettlebell, one punching, one kicking - rotating.
Old 04-07-16, 08:08 AM  
horsemom2

I created my own series or style. LOL

First I bounce on my bungee rebounders but because of my low ceiling do more of a healthbounce dance with some athletic cardio intervals. Then I sit-bounce on a large stability ball, doing pretty much the same style of bouncing. Sometimes I add bands or a light weighted object.
Sometimes I do some cardio while sitting on a swivel chair with wheels.
I usually follow a video very loosely, tweaking the moves as it plays.
Of course, all of the above needs loud pumping music.

My focus is to lubricate the joints, pump lymph and have fun without triggering pain.

Barb S
horsemom2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-16, 11:15 AM  
BigBadBetty

Big Bad Betty's Bad Wrist Intermediate Workouts Series for the Choreographically Challenged

Three people - Lead instructor, Person who modifies for low impact, bad knees and bad shoulders, Person who modifies for the person who needs a more intense version. Person who modifies for injuries is the youngest and most ripped person. Person who needs more intense is over 50 and doesn't looked ripped.

Cardio - Step, boxing, kickboxing, Jessica Smith style walking. Adaptable to make from 20 to 60 minutes like in Rapid Fire 4 by adding segments. No complicated choreography.

Strength - Absolutely no moves where you hold your body weight on your wrists. Also, not a lot of rearranging equipment. Premixes allow you to do 30, 45 or 60 minute full body routines. You will be able to do this program with dumbbells and a step/bench.

Yoga - a 30 minute and 60 minute program using no moves where you hold your body weight on your wrist.
BigBadBetty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-16, 11:18 AM  
sherry7899

Good question! I can't think of specific workout details now, but if money were no object and music rights weren't a nightmare, I'd love a series with fantastic, motivating music with a great beat and lyrics.

Sherry

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-16, 02:03 PM  
TinierTina

Laughing my way to the bank; and a fantasy because improbable ...

A low-impact aerobic workout that seriously knocks the weight off (few diet changes necessary...and no necessity to actually be of the male gender in order to do so) and features lots of hatha yoga with imaginative sun salutes, no real inversions; and a happy, happy vibe (with no scary Tantra - and I don't mean the sex stuff, but I do mean Tantra's philosophy that people are intrinsically good, etc. influences)

Ain't gonna happen ... except according to BeachBody ...

-Bettina

"If it doesn't challenge you, it doesn't change you"?! REALLY!! If it doesn't serve me, it doesn't save me!!
TinierTina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-16, 02:06 PM  
TinierTina

Quote:
Originally Posted by bfit View Post
I would like a series for people 50 (or 60) + that is high in intensity but entirely low in impact. It seems as if there should be more for the fit but aging.
Oh, but that sounds like a winner, too!

-Bettina

"If it doesn't challenge you, it doesn't change you"?! REALLY!! If it doesn't serve me, it doesn't save me!!
TinierTina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-16, 06:21 PM  
cecififi

i would like to see Cathe do an upbeat version of Rippedism or Craig Ballantyne's workouts. They would all involve 4 minute non-stop metabolic torchers at the end of each workout. I am seeing serious changes to my body in a short period of time with these workouts and they are fun, and short, and fly by. But they aren't Cathe. I just love cathe and her music. I wish she could just copy their method and put out a series based on it. that would suit me fine. The cardio would be plyo yoga and there would be one weekly workout that is a 30 minute yoga/stretch.
cecififi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-16, 07:38 PM  
Chomper

Quote:
Originally Posted by fitfitterfittest View Post
Here is my dream series:

It is only for the ultra advanced. Even in order to purchase one, you have to send a video of yourself doing 100 squats in a row and 50 consecutive burpees. Otherwise, you are not allowed to buy it

Best of all, it comes with a free puke bag next to it. It most definitely won't have Extreme in its title. My working title is "Death Wish"

Workouts range between 45-90 minutes and it is six days a week with one day yoga.

Equipment: Kettlebell, Sandbag, Jumping Rope, Dumbell, Barbell

As you can see mine is more on the marketing side, I did not design the workouts themselves yet
LOL I can already see the infomercial! Tired of those sensible boring workouts that leave you feeling fine afterwards? You need... DEATH WISH
Chomper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-16, 09:06 PM  
holliholli915

I'd love to see a kettlebell workout that alternates dancer muscular conditioning. So, instead of doing a high impact cardio, it would be kb cardio with some of the tough dance inspired muscular work. A girl can dream....
holliholli915 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-16, 10:32 PM  
bex

Laura, I totally would buy your series!

I think the problem is that instructors who do cardio/weight workouts only dabble in yoga, and the yoga instructors tend to really focus only on yoga sets.

A good solution would be for someone to do a dual instructor set, like Hammer & Chisel. Beachbody, are you listening??
bex is offline   Reply With Quote