Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Clothing, Shoes, Equipment, Gear

Old 01-07-02, 02:51 AM  
desie

Question Shoes for kickbox

Hi all,

I just returned a pair of new shoes that were just too heavy and gave me blisters from lateral movements. Before I go out and make another stab at finding a good pair of shoes, I thought I'd check in here for suggestions.

I have high arches. I feel like I have more of a horse's hoof than a duck flipper. I need that usual impossible combination of a shoe being flexible and responsive to pivots and pointing my toes, but still providing excellent cushioning and support.

I live in Canada, and have chosen Nikes the past couple times. Thanks in advance for your help on this. Desie
desie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-02, 04:45 AM  
nancy c
Tri-ing!

Reeboks for me lately

Desie, I have fairly high arches too and I go nuts if the shoe is too stiff or doesn't let me flex and have good movement...especially in Kickboxing. And I don't like heavy shoe either.

I've had the best of luck with the Reebok Magnetics (magnetics newer version) and the Workout Boot(the boot) . The boot looks like a lace up military boot and it's great for Kickboing that doesn't have a ton of impact and it's extremely light. I think it's better for working with a bag type of workout. The Magnetics, however, are a great all around high impact aerobic shoe and works great for the KB workouts that require you to bounce around or that has more high impact stuff.

I just ordered a new pair of crosstrainers,powertrainers lll from Reebok. One of the selling points was how stable it was for kicks and piviots...both good for Kickboxing and regular aerobics.
nancy c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-02, 09:40 AM  
desie

thanks, nancy

I will see which Reeboks are available in my town. I have a feeling the powertrainers might be here. Thanks again for the suggestions! Desie
desie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-02, 11:05 AM  
Ctfitnut
VF Supporter

Shoes for Kickbox & HiImpact

I love my Freddy shoes and they have kickbox shoes and various shoes for other aerobic activities. I used to use Ryka, Reebok, Nike. These shoes are nice because they have a dense heel which helps absorb the impact. Since I have been using those shoes, I have reduced my heel and blister pain. I also use Coolmax socks to assist with any blisters. You can find the shoes at Freddy.com or buy them from USBodyware.com. Good Luck.
Sheila
Ctfitnut is offline   Reply With Quote