Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 02-12-14, 07:53 PM  
alisoncooks

Wow, what an eye-opening thread.
I typically buy tracking for items I sell... but now I'm wondering if it's really worth the extra money. I also buy insurance for item that are $50 or more, though (thankfully!) I've never had to file a claim.
alisoncooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-14, 08:10 PM  
Fitstick

Our neighbors caught someone on camera who stole a package from their doorstep. This is a pretty crazy and desperate world we live in.
Fitstick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-14, 06:07 PM  
eyefit
VF Supporter

I submitted a complaint to the link you provided...thanks again LCC!
Old 02-13-14, 09:36 PM  
MomOf2Gremlins

Wow, that is really terrible! I'd never thought someone would do that!

"Change what you can. Accept what you can't. Live peacefully with all that's left."

MomOf2Gremlins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-14, 08:47 AM  
jackie7

If you send your package through UPS, isn't insurance automatic up to Something like $50?
jackie7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-14, 09:25 AM  
Zenara25

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackie7 View Post
If you send your package through UPS, isn't insurance automatic up to Something like $50?
It's $100 according to this UPS webpage. http://www.ups.com/content/us/en/shi...red_value.html
Zenara25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-14, 11:22 AM  
daisyfit

It has happened before to me with a present I was getting in the mail. Our postman goes on a bicycle and has a large basket with all the mail and packages. There is a young guy nearby who steals packages from the basket and sometimes he even gets into the large package delivery van. I think the police here finally caught him.
daisyfit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-14, 11:26 AM  
Mandy

Weird!!!!! did you send it media mail? that is the only way that packages are open and inspected by the postal service. To make sure people aren't sending non media mail to save money. Shipping is expensive with heavier dvd's,ect!! If you did send it media, it must have been inspected by a thief with some sort of conscience. It definitely needs to be reported!!! I'm sorry this happened. I will purchase insurance from now on...
Old 02-14-14, 12:14 PM  
FitBoop
VF Supporter

I think that what might have happened is that the package got damaged in transit, one of the Mesos got lost, and a postal worker might have tried to salvage what they could and put in the remaining DVDs. It makes no sense to me that someone, such as a postal worker, was a vidiot who wanted to steal one of Cathe's Mesos. If someone wanted to steal Cathe DVDs, they would have taken all of the DVDs. They also would not have forwarded on the rest of the DVDs. So, I don't think someone stole the DVDs. I have had a number of packages get damaged during transit and the packages arrived without any contents or with a new envelope, or taped up in the old envelope. It happens a lot. I always pay for insurance on any package that is worth more than $20.

I would file a report with the postal service. You may not be able to recover any money due to lack of insurance, but it sounds like the package was damaged during transit.
FitBoop is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
package insurance, usps