Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 01-19-21, 09:27 AM  
jbrigid
VF Supporter

NOT tech savvy

Can I get one of the workout streaming sites on my smart tv? I was thinking about Kelly's site (too high-impact), but am not sure how to make it show up on our tv downstairs. ALSO, can you do zoom meetings on a smart tv?

Many thanks in advance!

Joanne
Old 01-19-21, 10:57 AM  
edensmom

There are lots of ways to do it but the easiest for me is to plug my laptop into the TV with an hdmi cord. I just unhook the one that's already hooked to the DVD player and place my laptop right on top. I also cast from my phone to the TV. If you click on your screen alittle symbol that sort of looks like a TV pops up and if you click on it it shows you what devices are available. (Firestick, smart tv etc.) I get frustrated by technology VERY easily and these 2 options are simple enough even for me, lol.
Edited: Kelly and many others have apps you can get on some smart tvs. My upstairs one has it in the app store but my downstairs one doesn't..I have to play disney+ from the computer onto the TV downstairs as well.
edensmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-21, 05:59 PM  
hdw
VF Supporter

The easiest and cheapest way is to use HDMI cable. Just hook it from your TV HDMI to your laptop HDMI.

You can also buy Chromecast, Roku, Firestick to help you. Roku and Firestick requires the streaming sites to have channels in Roku/Firestick. And you have to download those channels. More involved.

Chromecast is easier, but for Android phones. You have to set up your chromecast. Once setup, you can press the 'cast icon' whenever a video is playing on your phone. It will cast it to your TV.

All these methods do not use your smart TV ability. Any TV with a HDMI port should be able to do these. I don't know... I seem to think smart TV is a little over rated when you can it all these things with Roku/Firestick/Chromecast.
hdw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-21, 02:01 PM  
jbrigid
VF Supporter

Thanks!
Old 01-20-21, 06:00 PM  
Cola

Quote:
Originally Posted by hdw View Post
Chromecast is easier, but for Android phones
just popping in to say that i use chromecast (with wifi) plus my iphone and ipad to cast youtube, vlc and the fiton app to my 'dumb' tv. works great!
Cola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-21, 12:54 AM  
tiffanywu
VF Supporter

I use Chromecast all the time with my Android phone (or hubby's) and my Chromebook (or Chrome browser on a Windows machine) to "cast" to a TV in the study or in the master bedroom for kiddies to watch the NBA or cartoons -- works great!
tiffanywu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-21, 07:42 PM  
horsemom2

You probably do not need a HDmi cable or device on a smart tv.
Google your smart tv brand for streaming advice.
also google how to get a zoom meeting on the tv mirrored from a phone or pc.
horsemom2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-21, 06:35 AM  
Tugger31

To make you feel better Joanne, I'm reading these posts and don't understand any of it. I don't know what Chromecast is or what an HDMI cable is let alone how to know where to plug and/or unplug it! . Not necessarily proud of this but it's the way it is right now.
Tugger31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-21, 10:14 AM  
jbrigid
VF Supporter

Smile

Yes, I am somewhat confused, but the HDMI cable into my smart tv makes sense. Just as long as I can zoom in for a yoga class.

Tags
streaming help, tech help