Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 01-04-21, 09:40 AM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Pat, I agree that face masks actually are helpful outdoors in winter! My friend and I took a short walk outside just before Christmas, and we both said that the face masks helped. That yin practice sounded nice - how was it?

Pam, was your Essentrics practice for your next level? Your meditation sounds nice too. I have still been on a bit of a meditation hiatus, although I've been doing a lot of yoga practices that include meditation. Ten Percent Happier has a meditation challenge start today, so I'm going to try to participate in that.

Sandra, a 2-hour walk is impressive! Our weather is remarkably the same for at least the next 10 days or so - low 30s, cloudy to rainy.

Cyana, I hope you are feeling better today.

Waving to everyone else - Happy Monday! (((HUGS))) to anyone who has to go back to work today (I'm lucky to have a few more days off, through Wed).

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-21, 10:24 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Beth - I loved the yin practice. It didn't seem like an hour, it flew by.
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-21, 10:44 AM  
Paine
VF Supporter

Jari Slim & Lean Upper Body selections (20 minutes)
Essentrics

Sandra, a 2 hour walk is a great workout.

I'm waving to everyone!
Paine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-21, 07:45 PM  
JustSandra

Hi!

Today's Workout: The Upper Body section of Fitness Fix Sports Conditioning. I've done this one regularly in the past but haven't pulled it out for a long time. It felt good! The rain let up early this afternoon so I also managed a 1-hour outdoor walk.

Pat58: I like all the positive "signs" you've noted so far in 2021!

Waving to all!

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." Hunter S. Thompson
JustSandra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-21, 02:20 AM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Today’s workouts:
~Barre3: 30 min Strength
~To the Beat: 2000 Step Walk - Someone posted a link to this YT channel on GD. It was okay, music was good, no talking
~4 km forest walk
~Essentrics trademark practice
~Hatha Flow Yoga class on zoom
~Insight Timer: Rest Well Tonight With Koshi Chimes

Beth - I often do Essentrics trademark practice but don’t usually include it in my posts. It’s usually class prep, I’m teaching tomorrow. I’m also working on level 4, hope to do my exam soon. I’m enjoying the meditations & I especially love the koshi chimes.

Pat - Your yin practice sounds lovely!

Waves to all!

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-21, 08:46 AM  
cyana

Post and run since I should be working. Wanted to give everyone a quick wave. I did the new Team Body Project work-out this AM - it had just been posted 5 hours at that time. It was cardio and weights and I really enjoyed it. They also used Layla (the Derek and the Dominos version) for the cool-down and that's one of my favorite songs (one from a very long list, which I'm sure surprises no one here, LOL).

Will try to get back on later to catch up on posting my work-outs.

"I've decided to grow old disgracefully." - Twigs
cyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-21, 08:49 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Good morning! I hope everyone is feeling good. Yesterday featured:

~ LWR Standing Ab Workout (Advent Day 21)
~ Floor PT and 30 bridges
~ 20 minute lunch walk
~ Sara Clark "Revel in Rest" restorative yoga (Glo)
~ Gopi Kallayil "Settle Down for Sleep" (Glo)
~ 7,070 steps

Cyana - Layla, wow that brings back memories.

I have to post and run also - have a healthy day!
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-21, 09:53 AM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Pam, I use Insight Timer too and will have to check out the Koshi chimes! Right now I'm doing the Ten Percent Happier meditation challenge.

cyana, since you are a little older than me, I'm not surprised that your music tastes lean more to 60s/70s (since mine lean more to 70s/80s ).

Pat, that was a nice greeting for this morning; hope you are feeling good too!

Follow me @YogiBethC

Old 01-05-21, 08:06 PM  
YogaGal

Yes, I have been totally confused as to what day of the week since around Christmas! I think with the 2 holidays and keeping track of when the post office, banks, etc. are closed on Friday and then open on Saturday have made it really confusing. I’m hoping that it will be a little better this week.

A couple of exercise highlights from the past 2 weeks: I did remember to do a Boxing workout on Boxing Day, Dec. 26. I also was needing to do weights, so I found a good premix on KCM’s Lean Body Circuits for upper and lower body weights and the boxing segments. It ran for 39 minutes which is a tad longer than my preferred 30 minutes, but it went by fairly quickly and I liked it because it left out the cardio which I’m not as fond of in this dvd because it is more high impact (although there is a modifier to follow).

While waiting somewhat impatiently for Jessica to release her newest set, on Sunday, Jan 3 I decided to pull out a new to me KCM that I had never done. I have done the Kickboxing workout a couple of times from Strong and Lean, but never the Strong/Weights workout. I found it to be a good one with a mix of dumbbells and tubing (there are also weighted bar sets, but I followed the modifier who used dbs instead). Felt DOMS in my triceps for a couple of days now.

On Monday I did 360 Abs from Jessica’s WS 6 week set followed by Sarah Beth’s 10-minute Full Body Basic Stretches.

Today I did KCM Build & Burn’s Lower Body Tabata and Sarah Beth’s 10-minute Flexibility Simple Yoga Flow.

cyana: Thanks for the sentiment, but my DH will likely never get all of his projects completed. Oh yes, he completes many things and marks them off of his To Do List, but then he adds more to it! Today he was busy cleaning out the garage, rearranging items and getting rid of some things. But we have a new thermostat and a new ceiling fan/light to install in the house, so I’m sure that will come up sometime this week. Along with many more items. LOL at the gagging kitty!

Pat: I'm impressed by the variety of your activities for exercise and meditation. I am still doing daily meditations or yoga with Insight Timer. I’ve taken a very short break from Kundalini as I try out Sarah Beth’s new 10-minute beginner yoga practices for the New Year. They are fairly easy for me, but I thought I might pick up some form tips and I’m sure a few will be nice for short add-ons in the future.

Pam: I’ll try out some Koshi Chimes for my next meditation!

Waves to all!
Old 01-05-21, 08:53 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Carolyn, cute idea to do a boxing workout on Boxing Day! I think I only did yoga on that day.

Taught at the studio tonight; had just 1 person again, so we had a nice customized class.

Follow me @YogiBethC