Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 01-18-21, 08:43 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

I survived the horse show - the worst part of the whole thing is standing around in the cold....forever...and then my daughter does her thing, in a few minutes its over and that's it! She did win 3rd for one of her events and 5th for the other. Her horse is getting better at competing - he used to get really freaked out about being in a new place, but he is getting more used to traveling.
Anyway, it was one of those very damp days yesterday - not overly cold, but the dampness....

On to today....

Ellen's Moving for Beauty
ePilates - 21 Day Pilates, Barre, Yoga Challenge Day 1 - this was an enjoyable back to basics routine. I like Emma's teaching style and pacing.

I may do Pahla's workout today or I may not...I am behind one day so today would be Day 17 for me which is the walk/stretch...I'll see how my day goes.

I have the day off today so it is not a "Moan" day! LOL!

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-21, 09:26 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Hi all !!

Yesterday was:

MR streaming #401
100 kettlebell swings

I was feeling a little off after the MR workout so I passed on the walk. I don't want to push until I figure out what's going on. I think I'll just do the MR streaming workouts in order to avoid confusion. The first exercise was called "back" but I felt it was shoulders, then abdominals, inner thigh (she did side lying one leg at a time but I prefer lying on my back and doing both legs at the same time with ankle weights) then glute bridges. I liked it. Probably a walk and swings today.

DONNA, well done to DD and her horse.
Yeah I'll take bright sunny cold over dampness any day.

Hi PAT & ROSE!

Have a great day!
summer breeze is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-21, 09:31 AM  
Rose

Hello!

Yesterday-
2 mile Park walk
Redefining Strength Foam Roller/Active Stretch 10 minutes. That's done before every workout.
The Quadroped Booty Burner- 13 minutes
YOQI meditation with sound and EMDR

Yesterday was the first day of my 'building strength in my glutes' program. I had to modify a number of things. I've hurt myself in the past with foam rolling and using hard balls to relax my muscles. And stretching has given my decades long pain. So I'm taking it Slow & Modified!

Donna Congrats on your daughter winning 3rd place! Did you see the list of 25 best youtube workouts on the GD? I wonder how many you've tried?

Summer Breeze I forgot that you have hills in your area and that's how you injured yourself. It's not relaxing to walk where there isn't a space away from cars. The park I walk at still has damaged boardwalks from the hurricane so I have to walk in the street.

Hello, Pat, hope you have a day off so you can enjoy your Moanday!

Rose
Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-21, 12:39 PM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Good morning! Catching up a bit:

Saturday felt on track - did my mat and hip circle PT like a good girl, then went to the gym. It didn't feel safe - January people aren't used to the new protocols yet - so I left super quick and walked at the beach instead. It was a very nice one. I saw what I think were eider ducks far out from land.

Sunday was not so good. I was already feeling down and anxious from current events and the way people are treating each other. While driving to Costco a weaving car cutting in and out of traffic caused an accident in the lane next to mine. I was okay but had a really bad anxiety attack that blew the rest of my day. Fortunately a VF friend had given me Lee Holden's Qigong for Anxiety and that helped a lot.

Rose, good luck with your glute strengthening rotation. I envy your being able to enjoy bridges. So true about the Unpluggeds - just when you're done with it, the next workout will be a real gem.

Glad you survived the horse show Donna. It really does sound like a long and complicated day. I am off too and am not "moaning," LOL!!

Do you know what is off, Summer Breeze? Is it fatigue, or are you coming down with something, or that feeling where it seems like everything's just out of alignment? Sending hugs. I hope you are liking the streaming workouts.

Speaking of glute strength, I better get off my kiester. I've been reading all morning.
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-21, 07:50 PM  
Rose

Hello!
Today:
2nd day Glutes Foam Rolling then Booty Band
Nia Soul2Soul 25 minutes
MR Getting Better Upper Body
15 minute inside walk
YOQI? Not sure if I'll get to that tonight

Pat You were smart to take a walk instead of staying at the gym. There's a lot of wild 'energy' going on right now. Working out is the best way to ground. Though eating is pretty pleasurable! Take care, we will all get through this.

Waves to Donna & Summer Breeze- off to do some YOQI
Old 01-19-21, 08:34 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Yesterday I did get out to walk my doggie and I did Yoga w/ Adriene - Yoga for Psoas - I enjoyed that one - it was a good one to do after walking!

Today, so far, has been:

Pahla B - Walk off the Weight Series - Day 18 - Low Impact Cardio - this was more my speed. Minimal walking, lots of low impact variety.

ePilates - 21 Day Challenge - Day 2 - this was a nice simple Pilates routine. Nothing overly remarkable about it - but I enjoyed it and Emma as an instructor.

Yoga w/ Adriene - Breath Day 11 - Flow - Today, Adriene and I got along fine. I am thinking it may be that I just don't do well w/ doing her stuff daily. Or it could be that there is something about her programs - as opposed to her single individual practices...either way - this was a good one for today!

I have a full day of meetings - ugh. Not looking forward to it. I think I'm finally done at 2:30, so at 2:30 I'm going to either walk or do CS to just get up and away from my desk.

Gypsy Rose - you got a lot in!!

Pat - I think that was a good move to get out of the gym and I'm sorry about the anxiety from Sunday...ugh....

Summer Breeze - I hope you are feeling better and get some answers as to what is going on...

Hope everyone has a good day - today is my "Moan" day - but thankfully it is Tuesday!!

Donna
Old 01-19-21, 09:42 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Hi all !!

I was feeling better yesterday but my sister called me last minute just before lunch and wanted to come over and visit. She had a plumber coming over and she didn't want to be home when he was there due to distancing. She has a small condo so not a lot of space to distance. Anyway, that was my walking window, I was planning to go after lunch. But it was a nice visit and then DS and his gf came over so there went my exercise day. But the visits were fun.

I am planning a walk today and hopefully pilates.

DONNA, good job with your routine. Glad you made up with Adrienne for now.

ROSE, you're getting some nice variety too.
I hope your glute strengthening plan works out well for you.

PAT, so scary about the accident and then the anxiety afterwards. Glad the qigong helped. It's hard to explain the off feeling.
It's not exactly dizziness but I get a little off balance maybe? Woozy? I spoke with the PA a few weeks ago and they ordered bloodwork which I did last week. I don't have an appt til February with the doctor.
It comes and goes though. Yesterday I was fine. At first I thought stress and/or anxiety but who knows? Hopefully I'll find out soon.

Have a great day everyone!
summer breeze is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-21, 09:54 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Morning all! I ended up doing not a dang thing yesterday except resting and reading the latest Stephen King. Every few chapters I got up for a little tidying here and there. It equaled up to a good amount of decluttering, and I feel much better today.

Rose look at you go! Nice work, you are motivating me to get back on the wagon today.

Donna, yuck on those meetings. The psoas seems to be the body part of the year. I'm glad there is material on YT we can access for free. Good news about getting a long with Adriene.

Summer Breeze, I hope your doctor can figure it out, that is concerning. I'm happy for you that you got to have a visit.

I came to the office today to the news that a co-worker is quarantining with COVID. I'm not surprised, he is of the persuasion that everyone is going overboard and he often will not wear a mask. Fortunately I stay far from him whenever possible, and particularly the last two weeks I have deliberately stayed far from him due to the current situation and discussions he may be having about it.

Stay well ladies!!!
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-21, 08:26 PM  
Rose

Hello! Today:

2 1/2 mile park walk
15 minute house walk
Day 3 Glutes Balance
YOQI Winter purge-nice one!
?
It's late and I feel like I should be moving for 15 minutes but the only thing I've been moving is the spoon from my dessert to my mouth.

I did not do YOQI last night- watched This is Spinal Tap instead. Such a funny movie!

Pat Ahh, a good book is a true pleasure. So many people have been diagnosed with the virus recently. Take care of yourself and keep up your spirits and your masking

Summer Breeze Sounds like you had a nice visit with your sister. I wonder if your problem could be vertigo? Maybe your ears? It's good that you are getting checked.

Donna Your work with Pahla B has been impressive. It seems like you click with her. Thanks for recommending the psoas routine as that acts up for us all.

Take care!
Rose
Old 01-20-21, 08:35 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

This morning was.....

Ellen - Slim Sculpt. To me, this is her hardest workout. I still enjoyed it though.

I may try to catch up w/ Pahla this afternoon...I like that her workouts are under 30 min b/c I can sneak them in during the day....

Yesterday I did CS 1109 as my afternoon break - after sitting through hours of meetings....

Gypsy Rose - I do get along w/ Pahla - she is just very cheerful and low dread to me - of course, I do miss other instructors from time to time as well - hence, Ellen today! I haven't seen Spinal Tap in years, LOL!

Pat - it sounds like you had a nice day off - low key - just what you needed. What is Stephen King's latest? I haven't read anything from him in awhile. I did finish a book by Diane Chamberlain about the mandatory sterilization program in NC...I think it was called Necessary Lies. It was somewhat shocking that the sterilization of people w/ low IQs, epilepsy, etc. continued into the 1970's! I'm now reading a book about Agatha Christie - the Disappearance of Ms. Christie...so far so good. I hope everyone stays healthy in your workplace. I have a hard time dealing w/ people who feel this is all overblown - yea, until you get it or give to someone who has a bad outcome....

Summer Breeeze - hope you are feeling good today...

Happy Wednesday...

Donna

Tags
jim fixx