Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 01-06-21, 10:50 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Hi all !!

Yesterday was:

28 minute outdoor walk

I started feeling a little woozy during the walk so I cut it short. I spoke with the PA at the medical group and he ordered some blood work. I have a physical scheduled for next month but he wants the blood work sooner. It makes sense. I think a lot of it is stress and lack of sleeping/eating but he said he didn't want to overlook the physical symptons. I'll probably rest today or do something gentle if I'm up for it.

Waves to all. Stay well everyone.
summer breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-21, 07:46 PM  
nora
VF Supporter

SB- I'm sorry to hear that you are still not feeling good. Is your daughter living with you? I forget.

Yesterday: nothing, although I still did get in my 10,000 steps. I guess my walk with Woody was longer than I thought.

Today: 1;15 minute walk.

I'm just watching the news on TV about what's happening in Washington. So disturbing.
Old 01-07-21, 09:46 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Hi all !!

Yesterday was:

26 minute outdoor walk

I was feeling a little better and wanted to get some fresh air and sunshine so I went for a short walk. I still wasn't feeling quite myself but the walk was nice. I'll see how today goes.

NORA, wow you take some nice long walks.
Do you walk as fast as you can (well I guess with Woody you don't but when you're alone) or just go at a normal pace?
Yeah crazy things going on here in Washington. ETA -- Yes DD lives here with me. But DS comes a couple of times a week.

Waves to all. Stay well everyone!
Old 01-07-21, 06:57 PM  
patchworkpenguin

We had a non restful weekend with a lot of running around, doing errands, two Drs appointments and a visit to my parents. Now that its the work week we can rest again. Ha ha. I noticed that Walmart had a 75" TV for sale for $600. I've wanted a larger TV for a few years now, so we jumped on it. I know that sounds huge, and it is, but I can read the program guide and descriptions without squinting now. Added bonus my workout buddies are almost life sized and its easier to see what I'm supposed to be doing.

Wednesday Bible study started up again. I saw some people I hadn't seen in a while so that was very nice. My shoulder is feeling much better. I'm still off knitting and have been quilting. There are more steps but they are more varied {Ironing, sewing, cutting} so not as repetitive. We bought an Ott Lamp for my sewing room {found a good deal by going to every store in 2 states} The light is better and is spread out more than my previous light. So positive changes around here!

Our city has decided to stop recycling. After years of separating, now it feels weird to just throw everything away again. I hope this is a transition between companies. The paper basket is now holding yarn and I gained some space in the pantry by removing the cans container. that way nice. I got the pyramid of paper products {pt, tp} out of my sewing room

SB, I'm glad to hear that the weather was nice enough for a walk. My dad says its snowing where he is, and we have snow in our forecast later. I'm sure it won't be much or stick. I'm glad to hear you are feeling better with more energy. Its funny how a day of running around can wipe us out, even if it feels like we sit in the car most of the time. Hope you start feeling better soon.

Nora Thank you for the encouragement about the shift change. After all the changes we've been though in the past few months the good news is this should be the last change for a while. Not sure when I'll be able to exercise or clean the house.

stay warm and careful in the snow.

"An exercise in futility still counts as exercise!"

"There's a pattern to the randomness!" ~ Artie ~ Warehouse 13

"Weakness is hard, but weakness doesn't have to mean defeat!" ~ Lysa TerKeurst

"That's the only break you get, so I hope you enjoyed it" ~~Cathe, STS, Meso 2

patchworkpenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-21, 08:08 PM  
nora
VF Supporter

SB- I just walk at a normal pace. The days when I record a longer walk is usually because I'm walking with a friend...and we egg each other on to the next hill. My normal walk by myself and my earbuds is about 50 minutes. My DH made a new years resolution to walk 3x per week. From nothing. We'll see! So far, we haven't walked together yet, but plan to tomorrow. I'm glad to hear that you have company at home. My DD has gone back to NYC. I miss her.

PP-That's different to stop re-cycling. Hopefully, it's because of transition. Here, we have garbage, re-cycling and compost. I'm totally adapted to that now, although it took me a while to get on the compost train.

Today: short walk, which I shouldn't even count as exercise. My foot hurt.
Old 01-08-21, 09:53 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Hi all !!

Yesterday was:

26 minute outdoor walk
100 kettlebell swings

I did feel like myself during the walk yesterday but I kept it short anyway to not push myself. I had done a lot of errands earlier in the day so I just enjoyed the fresh air. I am planning another walk today and maybe swings.

PENGUIN, wow you had a busy weekend.
Congrats on the 75" tv! I'm sure that's very helpful for you. I would love one but I don't think it would fit in my living room.
lol. Stopping recycling is an odd decision.
Hopefully it's temporary. I hesitate to say this but our weather has been very nice for this time of year. Cold but not unbearably so, upper 30s to low 40s for highs during the day. Not much precipitation. Ok I need to shut up now before I jinx it.

NORA, yes 50 minutes is about my norm too when I was in my regular routine which I hope to get back to soon. I used to walk as fast as I could but these last several days I've been walking at a normal pace which I think is still somewhat brisk and I like it! I hope DH joins you for some walks.
I hope your DD can come visit you again soon.

Waves to all. Stay well everyone!!
Old 01-08-21, 06:18 PM  
patchworkpenguin

Nora, Did I miss your DD getting out of Quarantine? I hope your walk with DH went well. I've tried time and again to get my Hubby to join me in exercise but he doesn't stick with it. Good job egging each other on to the next hill! Compost doesn't sound like much fun to me. I'm not a big gardener and I don't like to leave recycling out on the street overnight bor fear that four legged {and two} would get into it and either hurt themselves or trail it all over the street. Same for compost.

SB, glad to hear you are feeling more yourself! I'm glad the fresh air helped. Literally, our living room is 12x14. it takes up practically one wall and hides most of the picture window. The important part is its much easier for me to use. No jinxing! Our weather has been about normal for us.

Today was LIC but I did Fitness with Cindy's 40m Senior Zumba followed by 10m Metabolism Boost with a nice stretch afterwards.

Old 01-09-21, 09:40 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Hi all !!

Yesterday was:

33 minute outdoor walk

The walk felt good and I could have gone longer but I didn't want to push. I totally forgot about the swings after dinner.
I'm not sure if I'll walk today. I have some things to get done this morning and DD and I are visiting DS this afternoon so I'll see how it goes.

PENGUIN, looks like a nice workout day.
Yes I agree the big screen is very beneficial for you. That's awesome.

Waves to all. Have a great day!
Old 01-09-21, 06:23 PM  
patchworkpenguin

So, good news, Hubby is staying on 2nd shift, but the off days are still changing to TWTh. Not sure why the scare and then staying on the same shift.

My workout today was Barre/Dance Cardio, but midway through the cardio {like SB,} I realized I forgot to the the Barre part and just skipped to the cardio fun part. Today was Rick Bhullar. I started with 3000 step Disco Funk, this was almost all sidesteps, which Rick really loves but after a while hurts my hip tendons. then on to 1m 2000steps and I finished with 1000step power walk.

SB, Hope you and DD have a great visit with DS.

This is the last weekend off until the shift change. Hubby has to work 6 10hr days is a row so we should both be exhausted by that time. I haven't been cooking much, but I made a breakfast casserole last night and really enjoyed making it. I was looking forward to cooking again after the shift change so I'm going to start cooking more again.

Old 01-10-21, 09:07 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Hi all !!

Yesterday was:

60 kettlebell swings

I'm glad I remembered to do the swings since I didn't walk yesterday. I am planning a walk today and maybe more. We'll see.

PENGUIN, yay on hubby staying on 2nd shift but the 6 days in a row of 10 hr shifts isn't nice. Hope you all get through it without too much exhaustion. We did have a fun visit with DS and his gf. Their place looks great. We had a late lunch and played some games. We left early because I don't like driving in the dark in an unfamiliar place and I get nervous when DD drives even though she's a good driver. I'm just a bundle of nerves lately. But once I get more familiar with his area I'll be more comfortable driving at night.

Waves to all. Have a great day.