Old 05-16-20, 10:03 PM  
fanofladyvols

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickey12 View Post
Hi, Linda! So happy to “see” you again!

Kim
Happy to be here and "see" everyone again

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-20, 09:37 AM  
laurajhawk

Something I do often is to combine two "systems." This is partly to combat boredom and partly to cover more bases. Right now I'm doing ... well, really I'm doing THREE things right now:
- LIIFT4 (Beachbody On Demand) - it's a 4-day-a-week heavy-lifting/HIIT/core program, and I'm doing one LIIFT4 week every *two* calendar weeks, and also subbing out their HIIT Legs for other leg workouts
- Yoga! My local studio has gone to livestream, and I'm doing three classes a week
- Exhale Core Fusion - The above leaves me with one or two "workout slot" per week (allowing for Sundays off). This week I did Core Fusion Thighs & Glutes as my leg workout, and I really loved it and its contrast with LIIFT4, so I'm going to stick with Core Fusion for a while.

"Don't say 'I can't' ... say 'I presently suck at this thing.'" - Matt Meese, BYU Divine Comedy
laurajhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-21, 11:48 AM  
donnamp

Quote:
Originally Posted by donnamp View Post
I agree wholeheartedly with Jessica Smith's rotations - really any of them - the ones that came w/ her DVDs or the ones she posts on her site that use a mix of DVD workouts and You Tube.

I also like Project You!

Gilad's Quick fit is good, but it doesn't have stretching - so you would need to add that on your own - but as I recall it is three cardios, lower body, arms, chest & back, and core. You'd have to find your own stretch options, though!

Oh - and another that is good is Jenny Ford - she has a 28 day rotation that has 3 cardio days, 2 strength, 1 stretch day, 1 rest day

https://freedom.fit/blogs/free-fitne...ness-challenge

Donna
I am quoting myself - I'm looking for the Jenny Ford rotation that was linked here and the link no longer works - I'm hoping that someone may have printed it or written it down somewhere? I usually do that, but for some reason, for this one, I didn't.....

If anyone has a copy that they can share I'd so appreciate it!!

I'm thinking about it for my February plan...

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-21, 04:49 PM  
adawn
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by donnamp View Post
I am quoting myself - I'm looking for the Jenny Ford rotation that was linked here and the link no longer works - I'm hoping that someone may have printed it or written it down somewhere? I usually do that, but for some reason, for this one, I didn't.....

If anyone has a copy that they can share I'd so appreciate it!!

I'm thinking about it for my February plan...

Donna
It's cached here on google:

https://webcache.googleusercontent.c...&ct=clnk&gl=us

I also just saved the cached page to the wayback machine just in case:
https://web.archive.org/web/20210118...&ct=clnk&gl=us

Here is the content:

Here is your complete 28 Day Heart Health Fitness Challenge, because your heart health matters to me! You'll protect your heart, body, and mind by alternating cardio days with weight days, and get flexibility, balance, and core work as well for the perfectly balanced program with these time-saver workouts. (Get each day done in 30-40 minutes!)

Now, I know some of you own my Step Hero, Step Across America, Coast to Coast Step, or March Across America cardio workout programs. If you want to substitute any of those workouts on your cardio days, please feel free to do so, but make sure you do at least 30 minutes on cardio days. Either way, I've got you covered with effective workouts from my YouTube channel, or my workout programs, to get you on your way to protecting your health and happiness.

There are 4 brand new workouts that are a part of this challenge, Total Body Weights 1, Total Body Weights 2, Hawaii Stretch & Restorative Flexibility, and Ocean Side Core & Abs.

Rest Days are also just as important. On your rest day, make sure you're still trying to be mindfully active; go on a walk, take the stairs when possible, park a little further from the store, etc.

You can begin this program at any time. You can also insert your rest day on whichever day will work best for you. Once you've completed all 28 days, you are welcome to begin it again, or try any of my other 6 free challenges!

Equipment Needed: step bench, dumbbells, mat or towel

Day 1: Marching with Cardio Bursts

Day 2: Total Body Weight Workout 1

Day 3: Chicago (4 of 50) Quick Version Step Across America, Core off the Floor

Day 4: Kathy Smith & Jenny Ford Total Body Weights

Day 5: Step Hero-1st Training Exercise, Core & Abs

Day 6: Hawaii Refresh, Relax, Restore Full Body Stretch for Tight Muscles

Day 7: Rest Day

Day 8: Total Body Strength, Tetons Core & Abs

Day 9: Pregnancy Marching Workout (It's a great workout, even if you aren't expecting, I promise.)

Day 10: Total Body Weight Workout 2

Day 11: Bootcamp with Cardio, Core, Muscular Strength & Endurance

Day 12: Total Body Weight Workout 1

Day 13: Hawaii Refresh, Relax, Restore Full Body Stretch for Tight Muscles

Day 14: Rest Day

Day 15: March it Out with Jenny Ford and Michele Bell, Ocean Side Core & Abs

Day 16: Kathy Smith & Jenny Ford Total Body Weights

Day 17: Tabata Cardio, Strength, and Core

Day 18: Total Body Weight Workout 2

Day 19: Dance Fitness Workout, Ocean Side Core & Abs

Day 20: Hawaii Refresh, Relax, Restore Full Body Stretch for Tight Muscles

Day 21: Rest Day

Day 22: Total Body Strength

Day 23: Niagara Falls (5 of 50) Quick Version Step Across America, Ocean Side Core & Abs

Day 24: Total Body Weight Workout 1

Day 25: Cardio Intervals, Core off the Floor

Day 26: Total Body Weight Workout 2

Day 27: Hawaii Refresh, Relax, Restore Full Body Stretch for Tight Muscles

Day 28: Rest Day
adawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-21, 05:38 PM  
donnamp

Thanks, Adawn - good find!! I couldn't find it at all!

Donna
Old 01-19-21, 12:43 AM  
JessicaW

That's very cool. Thank you!
JessicaW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-21, 10:33 AM  
Karla25

BarreAmped is very well-rounded :-) Here’s a link to one, but they all incorporate balance,core, strength and flexibility training.
https://youtu.be/eXja4sfXIrw
Old 01-19-21, 11:56 AM  
kat999

I feel like the FitPrime/Kick Butt series (Anna Benson post-FIRM, branded under WHFN) were really striving for this, and I enjoy them more and more as I get older. Almost all of them have cardio, strength, and yoga/pilates fusion moves, most in about 45 minutes. You're not going to get a huge burn with them or anything, but if you heavy up your weights, it'll still be a really fun, challenging workout.
Old 01-19-21, 05:21 PM  
bfit

I would say Project You with Kathy Smith and also Fe Fit. Fe Fit is light on stretching, but it has everything else.
bfit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-21, 05:28 PM  
donnamp

I just loved the FIRM/Kickbutt series....I really should pull them out again soon.

I was also giving some thought to a Project You/Gilad Quick Fit rotation - I think both systems would compliment each other and it would cut back on boredom to mix and match both. Gilad doesn't have Pilates/Yoga - well, actually some of his core workouts are Pilates inspired. No yoga from Gilad, though.....but Kathy has some yoga both in Project You and as stand-alone workouts.

Donna

Tags
28 day challenge, jenny ford, jenny ford rotation, systems