Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 04-17-20, 05:36 PM  
upperwside

Paul Katami 4x4 is perfect to get it all in.
upperwside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-20, 05:57 PM  
Softshoe
VF Supporter

Gilad's Xcelerate 4
Old 04-17-20, 07:27 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Some great suggestions! I think PowerFit is great for someone starting out. Jessica’s WS3 is more middle of the road intermediate. P90X is a great program to step it up to more intensity. I’ve done all three at various times and, as a perpetual intermediate level exerciser, have settled on Jessica. I love her cardio & strength workouts.

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-20, 02:48 PM  
counterclockwise

I agree that Jessica’s WS3 is very well rounded and I love all the short bonus workouts you get. The only gripe I have is that a lot of exercises are done leaning over and that can aggravate my recurring back pain.
counterclockwise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-20, 06:07 PM  
katmom

After a recent surgery, I was cleared to walk the week following the procedure and this was the only fitness I was cleared to do for 4 weeks. Weather was unpredictable so I relied on Jessica Smith walking programs and followed her mother for the no impact option. After receiving clearance, I started the 30 day system and I am currently in the third week of this one. I am glad to see Jessica’s 8 week system is popular. I have it, the 6 week system, as well as some of her individual DVD’s. I also enjoy JessicaSmithTV to add a few other options.
Old 04-18-20, 09:10 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat58 View Post
Still a fan of my old Beach Body Project You with Kathy Smith.
+1

Quote:
Originally Posted by alisoncooks View Post
Powerfit (Harmony especially) popped in my head.
Quote:
Originally Posted by alisoncooks View Post
It is! I'd like it better if:
1. All the moves could be done with dumbbells. (I hate bands.)
2. The workouts were 10 minutes longer. (20 min is too long to stand alone...but gets tricky to start stacking, lol. Things start feeling repetitive.)
you might like the Daniel Plan. it has a Christian theme and Steph Huckabee leads about half of the workouts. the accelerated set has 8 workouts, 6 of them are ~30 min, and two are 47 & 49 min. you get Cardio, weights, a stretch workout and a pilates workout. there are 3 levels in each workout and you can follow whichever person matches your level. the advanced modifier's version is pretty intense. the advanced modifier is usually Tony Lattimore who was a cast member in a few of the P90 and P90x videos.

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-20, 02:18 PM  
soulflower

Barlates - So many of her workouts incorporate strength, balance and cardio.

Michelle Dozois' Bodyfit 360's - great mix of cardio, strength and pilates/yoga/stretch moves
soulflower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-20, 11:29 PM  
Jane P.
VF Supporter

Instead of trying to fit everything in all the time. Can you do rotations where you emphasize one or two aspects for a while, and then go on to another aspect of fitness? You can drive yourself crazy trying to do it all.
Old 05-16-20, 06:53 AM  
fanofladyvols

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jane P. View Post
Instead of trying to fit everything in all the time. Can you do rotations where you emphasize one or two aspects for a while, and then go on to another aspect of fitness? You can drive yourself crazy trying to do it all.
That's what I seem to be gravitating towards doing...it works for people like me who are wanting to enjoy as much of your collection as possible. I kind of do it in two week increments.

Jessica Smith rotations are great to use as a framework to plug in other workouts too.

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-20, 07:04 AM  
Mickey12

Quote:
Originally Posted by fanofladyvols View Post
That's what I seem to be gravitating towards doing...it works for people like me who are wanting to enjoy as much of your collection as possible. I kind of do it in two week increments.

Jessica Smith rotations are great to use as a framework to plug in other workouts too.
Hi, Linda! So happy to “see” you again!

Kim
Mickey12 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
28 day challenge, jenny ford, jenny ford rotation, systems