Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-21-19, 01:32 PM  
lorajc

Smile Udaya Membership - Anyone Else Take Try the 30 Day Free Trial?

I just took advantage of the 30 day free membership trial and I'm really liking it. Although, some of it is a bit too advanced for me, I work around it and am finding some instructors I REALLY like.

Anyone else have the enhanced membership which gives you access to the Programs, as well as the Classes? and what are your favorites?

I have only been a member for about 7 days so far, but I really like Christi Christensen so far and her classes and Chakra Program and Animal Spirit with Temitope's Program....although I haven't tried his Classes yet.

I was wondering how FIND YOUR PRACTICE, A Beginner's Guide to Yoga
with VYTAS BASKAUSKAS is? I figured it sounds like it would be really good to go over my form and make sure that I'm doing everything right since I've never been to a live class and I've really been focusing on "proper" form and alignment in all forms of exercise lately.

Also, exactly how difficult are the Practices that are marked level 3? I am a little bit afraid to try them. I haven't even looked at them yet as I'm nervous. LOL.

What are your favorite classes and Programs and why? I'm loving this subscription so far. (and I hardly EVER spend money on online subscriptions. I still haven't even pitched in for my Barre 3 membership that I love).

Lora

Thanks in advance, Lora
lorajc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-19, 08:43 PM  
daisyduke

I subscribed to UDAYA when it first launched several years ago and I absolutely loved it. I picked a different 60 minute level 3 practice daily and was in amazing shape physically and mentally. I’m not sure why I ever quit and I keep wondering why I don’t go back. I’m sure the library has grown a ton since then.

Level 3 was fine for me but that’s because I had done Ultimate Yogi for almost a year prior to subscribing to UDAYA.

Let us know what you try please!
daisyduke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-19, 08:49 PM  
lorajc

Anyone else subscribe before ? I need suggestions in case I decided to purchase a couple Programs. What are your fave's?
lorajc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-19, 08:57 AM  
Poodlepants

I am currently subscribed to Udaya. I like some of the instructors, some are "meh" for me.

I would take the level designation with a grain of salt. I once selected a level one practice and there were inversions and arm balances in it (Yoga BLT with Michael James Wong). I have also selected level three practices that were more like a class out of Ultimate Yogi, e.g.no inversions or arm balances (Anything with Anna Hanson/Orbison.)

The night before I just select a couple that catch my eye and fast forward through to get an idea of what to expect.
Old 01-31-19, 07:04 AM  
lreidgreen
VF Supporter

I started a 3 month membership in late December. I did Stretch 1 and Strength 1 of Vytas' program. I found Stretch 1 to be unbalanced - very heavy on the forward bends and it caused back pain afterwards. I have preexisting back issues and too many forward bends aggravate it. Strength 2 is better.

I like Vytas as a teacher though and he has some other practices on Udaya that I really like. I did alot of yoga at one point but just restarted recently since I had back problems and didn't do it for several years.

As a beginner you might want to try Jules Mitchell. She has a few programs on Udaya that would be good for beginners I think. One is restorative and the other is called Yoga Biomechanics I think. She also has a bunch of lessons on Udaya that are not in those programs.

ETA: Yoga Biomechanics in Action is rated level 2 but I think it will work for beginners. There are 20 minute classes named " Assessments and Progressions" for the hips, hamstrings, spine, shoulders and then practices for those body parts. Also Active Restoration looks good for beginners and isn't what I consider to be classic restorative yoga, although it has a passive restorative class. There is one called foundational standing poses which looks to be a good one for guidance on alignment.
lreidgreen is offline   Reply With Quote