Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 10-25-12, 01:29 PM  
Irisg1

Danielle Diamond - Xen Strength

I am just getting back into yoga, and happened to read about this workout in a Yogadownloads email I received today. It looks pretty good, especially since it provides light sculpting work, which is always a bonus in my opinion. I am hesitant about ordering it, because it's $19.99 and the video is shot in black & white. I don't know why they would do that. I feel like it's not worth $20., just for that one reason. Another thing I noticed on preview, is that she seems to talk in a loud voice. I prefer a soft mellow voice when I'm doing yoga. But it seems like something interesting and different.

I was wondering if anyone here has it, and is it worth getting at $19.99. Below is a link. Any feedback would be appreciated .

http://www.totalfitnessdvds.com/Xen-...ond-p/2096.htm
Old 10-25-12, 09:41 PM  
bee
VF Supporter

I bought it very early on -- before it was at Mary's even -- and I hate to say it but it wasn't my cup of tea. I thought I'd like the weights/yoga combination, but I really didn't, and a lot of things just bugged me about it. I traded it away right away. That said, I have a friend who got it at the same time who loves it! She doesn't come to the forum, so you won't hear from her directly, but wanted to say that it is a personal preference.
bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-12, 10:00 PM  
kitty12

I purchased it but haven't used it yet. There was a thread on it a couple months ago:

http://forum.videofitness.com/showth...light=strength
kitty12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-12, 10:21 PM  
tytbody
VF Supporter

from what you've already written Iris, It sounds like it's not your cup of tea even if someone else does like it.

~~~Cheryl

Completed a 10 day Pilates Challenge 2019
Completed Pilates 7 day Challenge 2019

Live Life Simply -Simply Love Life
tytbody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-12, 10:27 PM  
Irisg1

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitty12 View Post
I purchased it but haven't used it yet. There was a thread on it a couple months ago:

http://forum.videofitness.com/showth...light=strength
Thank you for pointing out the thread . I did a search and couldn't find anything.
Old 10-25-12, 10:30 PM  
Irisg1

Quote:
Originally Posted by bee View Post
I bought it very early on -- before it was at Mary's even -- and I hate to say it but it wasn't my cup of tea. I thought I'd like the weights/yoga combination, but I really didn't, and a lot of things just bugged me about it. I traded it away right away. That said, I have a friend who got it at the same time who loves it! She doesn't come to the forum, so you won't hear from her directly, but wanted to say that it is a personal preference.
Thank you for sharing your opinion. Usually, when I am interested in a workout, if it's under $13., I don't hesitate too much, but at $20. and I'm already iffy, I think it would be wise to pass on it for now.
Old 10-25-12, 10:35 PM  
Irisg1

Quote:
Originally Posted by tytbody View Post
from what you've already written Iris, It sounds like it's not your cup of tea even if someone else does like it.
LOL, that's funny. I myself mentioned two good reasons why I may not like it, lol.

I actually found something that I think looks better, and it's only $12.99, so I may go ahead and try that one instead -"Gina Cool Iron Yoga".

Tags
xen strength